• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• philipl

• jim mk2

• den

• 47er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simply put, without the NHS: I'd never have been born (I'm an IVF baby). I'd have died in the womb (as did the triplets I was supposed to be part of). I'd have died at some point immedi

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread again, as emotions are very high, but I can't stand by and continue to be abused without putting my side across.  I'll try and quantify my view

And I’m going to have a Spanish beer from a Belgian glass, wearing an Italian band t-shirt ordered from a German website, and listening to some Bulgarian europop. You and the rest can stick Brexi

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, philipl said:

A dispassionate explanation from the Independent why British ecommerce is totally screwed:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1352570740554555392.html

Poor old Gav--looking for another newspaper!

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You've done this before with a worthless company....it literally is a worthless company...can't find any record of the business apart from a couple of inactive incorporates.  

Show me the actual monetary worth of these people loss to back up your claims....?  Looks like a right tin pot set up...

47er you need to strengthen your argument 

WTF are you on about? Done what before with a worthless company? Name one.

Anyway this was a post from Den which I simply copied---did you read that bit?

Its obviously a private company, how wealthy it is I don't know. But I notice Selfridges stock its stuff so its not a grocery store is it?

In any case the owner is telling us his own experiences with Brexit as have loads of other people. Like all Brexiteers you close your ears to it and prefer your own alternate facts.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Its obviously a private company, how wealthy it is I don't know. But I notice Selfridges stock its stuff so its not a grocery store is it?

In any case the owner is telling us his own experiences with Brexit as have loads of other people. Like all Brexiteers you close your ears to it and prefer your own alternate facts.

The similarities between the Trump supporters who still believe the election was stolen and the Brexiteers who refuse to believe anything can possibly be wrong with the " deal " is pretty glaring.  

10 hours ago, 47er said:

According to Den's post on the Corona thread, the Cheshire Cheese Co have got this all wrong as well Gav!

Another one. Project reality now.

Did I really put it on the corona thread? Must have been one of my ever more frequent senior moments 47er.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Yeah, you just see something that looks like it backs your argument up and post it.  This company are worthless and why bring such a pointless point up....?

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You've done this before with a worthless company....it literally is a worthless company...can't find any record of the business apart from a couple of inactive incorporates.  

Show me the actual monetary worth of these people loss to back up your claims....?  Looks like a right tin pot set up...

47er you need to strengthen your argument 

Excuse me but what renders a £2.5m turnover profitable award winning company employing 38 people in Macclesfield worthless?

Other than in Johnson's "Fuck business" world?

What an utterly condescending post so typical of the vacuous pit that is Brexit.

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, you just see something that looks like it backs your argument up and post it.  This company are worthless and why bring such a pointless point up....?

You're talking absolute drivel. You have no evidence at all to show that the firm was worthless. If you have ---post it. Are there no absurdities you won't stretch to to defend the indefensible?

You are going to hear a lot more of this stuff as time goes on. It won't just hit Company owners,what do you think this will do for jobs? 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not what the doom and gloom merchants were expecting.

Brexit: Nissan commits to keep making cars in Sunderland - BBC News

That is good news indeed. In order to export tariff-free to Europe cars must be at least 55% made in Britain with British components.

With EV's the batteries count for 33% of the car, so it doesn't take much more to get over the hurdle.

Nissan  are switching from importing batteries from the USA to making them here. Good for us!

26 minutes ago, philipl said:

Excuse me but what renders a £2.5m turnover profitable award winning company employing 38 people in Macclesfield worthless?

What an utterly condescending post so typical of the vacuous pit that is Brexit.

You told us that the UK fishing industry was irrelevant Philipl, and worse, you're not alone in that stance either.

Fishing employers 10 thousands of people, brings over £1bn into UK economy.

Now a tiny cheese company (Important as it is) is the stick to beat brexiteers with.

Edited by Gav
12 hours ago, Gav said:

A load of Rubbish.

We have today received 2 high price items for Germany, ordered in the last week, at no extra cost than before Brexit.

Again that rag of a paper is using phrases like "are now supposed to have £xxx" and "which can range from 0% to 25%"

Its fabricated nonsense, I'd cancel my subscription if I was you, they're lying to you.

I've had a thought here Gav. When did you place the order?

If its been ordered before Jan 1st then the former rules apply and there's no charges whenever its delivered.

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

I've had a thought here Gav. When did you place the order?

If its been ordered before Jan 1st then the former rules apply and there's no charges whenever its delivered.

I mentioned in the post, it was ordered this week, on Monday to be precise. 

I'm not disputing problems are happening, but its not our experience since the turn of the year.

Edited by Gav
Just now, Gav said:

I mentioned in the post, it was ordered this week, on Monday to be precise. 

I'm not disputing problems are happening, but its not experience since the turn of the year.

Ah well, I won't grass on you!

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

A monster subsidy has been paid.

Any proof of that? Or is that just sour grapes from you after you were wrong about Nissan?

On 15/06/2020 at 06:08, philipl said:

Nissan car workers are going to realise they had it very very good in the EU.

I caught a headline earlier from the " Mirror " that importers are having problems bringing stuff into the UK from the EU. Returning faulty goods isn't worth the trouble anymore, it's a mine field of red tape.

I used to buy watches via a web site called " Chrono 24 ". It's an umbrella organisation for people wanting to buy and sell watch from all over the world based in Germany.  It was really well run and relatively trouble free prior to Brexit. What it'll be like now is anybody's guess but what I'll guarantee is it won't be easier and it won't be cheaper than it was before.

Looking on the bright side it'll save me money because I won't be dealing with them again until I know exactly what the rules are and what the excess charges will amount to.

41 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not what the doom and gloom merchants were expecting.

Brexit: Nissan commits to keep making cars in Sunderland - BBC News

Its great news for the workers in Sunderland, all 7000 of them, they support 75,000 jobs across EU also.

A no brexit deal would have put all those highly skilled workers on the dole, thankfully that hasn't happened.

12 hours ago, Gav said:

Cheshire cheese 😆

With respect to both Den and Tyrone, they're hardly major international traders 47er.

The UK sold £1.3bn worth of dairy products to the EU in 2019, more than three times exports to the rest of the world. One producer isn't a big deal but add them all up together.....

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It'll still get you a really good central midfield player though.

Turnover Tyrone.....its not money....be interesting to see the profit against 2m turnover.....turnover for show, profit for dough...