BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brexit

• Backroom
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I can't work it out. I was bottom of the class at school. I bow to your superior intellect.

Can you explain what the story has got to do with Brexit please? 

I was always one of these kids happy to help a classmate out Jim. 👍

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/bus-builders-brexit-warning-277996%3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cbwmagazine.com/adl-hard-brexit-could-damage-future-growth/amp/

4 hours ago, Silas said:

Oh dear. Seems the contract was first awarded in October 2018 while we were still members of the EU (not that it matters)

https://www.alexander-dennis.com/media/news/2018/october/alexander-dennis-wins-berlin-contract-for-new-double-decker-fleet/

The new story was about a shift in production to Scarborough

Same question which Chaddy might like to answer for himself: what's it got to do with Brexit?

Edited by jim mk2

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Oh dear. Seems the contract was first awarded in October 2018 while we were still members of the EU

Looks like they decided to award it despite us leaving.  What a great result for a British manufacturer there.  Quality shines through.  Good on the germans for not politicising the tender process.

9 hours ago, 47er said:

Yes, good article.

NI is also a demonstration of one reason why Labour are finding it so difficult to make inroads into the polls (if that matters in the long run). NI is one topic, that pre Brexit would have been all over the media, especially if Labour had been in government. Now, no one cares. Has any brexiteer of prominence even mentioned it? Has it been on any front page yet? Heck, has any brexiteer poster on here admitted any concern?

Its so very easy to understand why everything has changed. It’s changed because of Brexit tribalism. I doubt if any prominent Brexiteer including this PM and the government, will ever tackle this NI problem with the ultimate determination that was needed to reach the GFA in the first place. They value leaving the EU above peace in Northern Ireland.

To answer Simon Jenkins' question - what is Johnson going to do about it, the answer is obvious - nothing.

He'll bluster and deflect in his usual way in the unlikely event he's questioned about it, apart from lone voices like Jenkins he won't be held to account for it by the media, and the longer time goes on he knows the "problem" will probably go away and will be forgotten about by anyone outside NI.

One of the main reasons for the current violence in NI is the Brexit sellout yet Brexiteers are already denying it's nothing to do with NI being stitched up by the Tory government

On and on Johnson goes, corruption, lies, breaking the law, philandering, getting away with it all time and time again - when is something going to stick on him? 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

On and on Johnson goes, corruption, lies, breaking the law, philandering, getting away with it all time and time again - when is something going to stick on him? 

Sad to say, as someone who lost a brother to The Troubles, I think he's made a VERY dangerous mistake with the Irish issue. Those of us of a certain age like yourself will probably understand what I'm getting at.

3 hours ago, dave birch said:

Ok for those that might care, it's the Daily Mail, still early in the overall scheme of things,but an interesting article nonetheless:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9467867/RUTH-SUNDERLAND-pity-Remainers-proved-wrong-voted-stay.html

😃😀

Very good Dave.

I love the snipe at The Guardian regarding trade in January, absolutely spot on, February was back to normal levels.

"As for Remainers, we need to stop wallowing in futile old arguments at a time when the economy needs every ounce of energy we can muster"

Here here.

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

😃😀

Very good Dave.

I love the snipe at The Guardian regarding trade in January, absolutely spot on, February was back to normal levels.

"As for Remainers, we need to stop wallowing in futile old arguments at a time when the economy needs every ounce of energy we can muster"

Here here.

Actually, exports to the EU were down between 5 and 7% in February, depending on the country involved. An improvement on January but well down on a year ago. Meanwhile exports across the EU  increased!

A recent study found these losses were net of Covid, in other words they were solely due to Brexit and "likely to be permanent."

I was listening to the report on BBC's "Today" programme, its available on demand just under half an hour in. That's if you are interested in information more nuanced and neutral than the Daily Mail of course.

Re the above article I posted about Johnson's lies and culpability for renewed tension and violence in N Ireland, I note that no-one has challenged the validity of the article, which I said at the time was "unargueable".

Yet of course people will continue to vote for him!

So there's another addition Chaddy to your research on why Northern voters are not voting Labour in the numbers they once did-----Moral Bankruptcy.

Their PM is a serial liar and many people don't care.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

😃😀

Very good Dave.

Here here.

‘I love the snipe at The Guardian’.

Not having that....

44 minutes ago, 47er said:

Actually, exports to the EU were down between 5 and 7% in February, depending on the country involved. An improvement on January but well down on a year ago. Meanwhile exports across the EU  increased!

A recent study found these losses were net of Covid, in other words they were solely due to Brexit and "likely to be permanent."

I was listening to the report on BBC's "Today" programme, its available on demand just under half an hour in. That's if you are interested in information more nuanced and neutral than the Daily Mail of course.

PS---listened to it again---the export figures are from the ONS--ie they are the government's own figures.

The study I refer to was from the Centre for European Studies.

A worthless piece from a worthless paper which someone jumps on to have a pathetic snipe at the Guardian and can't even read properly the piece properly anyway by saying "trade levels are back to normal". 

Meanwhile, the FT business newspaper reports that “the rise still left UK exports to the EU 15 per cent down on December’s level, similar to the level of the Brexit-related drop in trade between the UK and the EU expected in the longer term by the Office for Budget Responsibility.”

In other words, the government's own economists expect the drop in UK-EU trade to be permanent. 

Project Fear becomes Project Reality. 

6 hours ago, dave birch said:

Ok for those that might care, it's the Daily Mail

😆😆

Time to jog on back to your right-wing echo chamber and crow about how you've put one over the 'lefty libtard snowflakes'.

15 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

😆😆

Time to jog on back to your right-wing echo chamber and crow about how you've put one over the 'lefty libtard snowflakes'.

I don't normally rise to comments such as this, but:

For your information, I've never, ever voted for any political party to the right of centre, ever!

I posted an article written by a remainer, do you understand so far?

She made a statement as to why she feels the way she does about Brexit, to date.

It was put up on this site for comments to be made.

You seem to be unable to read and comprehend anything that this person has put in her article.

Go back, read it and make comment on what she wrote, and don't assume that because someone put something up here for discussion is a basis for their political leaning.

16 minutes ago, dave birch said:

I don't normally rise to comments such as this, but...

Nope. Not biting, apart from to say that I never commented on your personal voting tendencies.

55lecg.jpg

Edited by Dreyski

35 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Nope. Not biting, apart from to say that I never commented on your personal voting tendencies.

55lecg.jpg

Great debating.

Why not comment on the article. It's not beyond you is it?

1 hour ago, dave birch said:

Go back, read it and make comment on what she wrote, and don't assume that because someone put something up here for discussion is a basis for their political leaning.

I could equally well say that to you.

Did you read a word of what I wrote?

You're not interested are you? So don't pretend to be impartial.

And Gav, what are you about? You slag the Guardian off at every opportunity (disgusting rag) but get all excited when the bloody Daily Mail trumps up some good news about Brexit! When has it not?

But no comment on what I wrote eh?

34 minutes ago, Banzai said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56741000

James Dyson says Brexit has given him 'freedom'

Dyson is a just another Brexiteer hypocrit who was so convinced of the wonders of Brexit that he moved himself and his business headquarters to Singapore to avoid paying UK tax

His hatred of the EU stems from the fact he tried to break the rules on European sales, marketing and distribution, got rapped over the knuckles and fined, and has sulked about Europe ever since. 

Laws are laws and regulations are regulations, and if you break them wilfully, expect to reap the consequences. 

Dyson is also loathed in the world of agriculture for buying up swathes of British farmland, seemingly for reasons of inheritance tax, and was happy to take agricultural subsidies from the EU while we were in the bloc. .

https://www.ft.com/content/1a0596a6-c0e4-11e8-8d55-54197280d3f7

Labour shortage inn pubs and restaurants....the "benefits" of Brexit becoming more and more apparent

https://www.ft.com/content/f999d75d-f6ff-44e3-a20b-5281f849714b

Now that bright, cheery and helpful Vlad and Magda have packed up and gone home in disgust we can look forward to surly Simon with his legendary British service ethic who reluctantly sets food in front of me on condition it is understood that he is doing me a favour.

Either that or even more pubs give up the struggle  and close for good. Three cheers for the low information Brexiteers.

Article from 2017:

Thanks to our friends at Closed Pubs UK - we bring you a complete list of the 224 lost pubs of Blackburn.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15001560.224-lost-pubs-blackburn-complete-guide/

"As Remainers, we need to stop wallowing in futile old arguments at a time when the economy needs every ounce of energy we can muster"

Edited by Gav