BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brexit

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's what happens in the business world Jim. 

Hey, you love flying the flag on everything from football to vaccines but when it comes to the takeover of  British companies "it's just business"

Cadbury, Rowntree, Rolls Royce cars, Bentley and a host of great British names that have been sold off to foreign buyers and private equity over the years because for the Tories, everything is for sale.

That process has accelerated since 2016. because the economy has been a basket case, investors have shunned the UK stock market and assets are cheap. I;ll give you one reason why. 

It was baked beans among other things i couldnt find. We don't eat them very often but you do expect to find them on the shelves when you want them. Fresh food hasn't been an issue but lots of other odd things either not on shelves or low amount on shelves. Im not directly blaming Brexit as the surge in covid cases across the country but especially round here must be contributory factors but it can't be helping

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hey, you love flying the flag on everything from football to vaccines but when it comes to the takeover of  British companies "it's just business"

Cadbury, Rowntree, Rolls Royce cars, Bentley and a host of great British names that have been sold off to foreign buyers and private equity over the years because for the Tories, everything is for sale.

That process has accelerated since 2016. because the economy has been a basket case, investors have shunned the UK stock market and assets are cheap. I;ll give you one reason why. 

No Jim, you just don't like people being successful and earning loads of money. If you have invested in these companies and someone wants to buy your share then make me an acceptable offer for it. 

Everything is always for sale in life Jim. 

Jim, would you turned down an offer for your house if I offered you 25% more than it worth?

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

It was baked beans among other things i couldnt find. We don't eat them very often but you do expect to find them on the shelves when you want them. Fresh food hasn't been an issue but lots of other odd things either not on shelves or low amount on shelves. Im not directly blaming Brexit as the surge in covid cases across the country but especially round here must be contributory factors but it can't be helping

plenty of Heinz Baked Beans at Asda and Food Warehouse. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Jim, you just don't like people being successful and earning loads of money. If you have invested in these companies and someone wants to buy your share then make me an acceptable offer for it. 

Jim, would you turned down an offer for your house if I offered you 25% more than it worth?

Whoosh, right over your head as usual. It's pointless 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Whoosh, right over your head as usual. It's pointless 

No Jim, it's you that's has the problem with successful businesses and investors getting profit from the shares in companies..

Unless it's benefits trade unions you aren't interested Jim

The sale of Cadbury’s was criminal

It was a company founded on humanitarian principles. The story around Cadbury and the village of Bornville is well known here. Yet, Kraft (or Mondelez) purchased them, reneged on fair trade commitments and paid next to nothing in tax last year

Americans don’t have our principles and never will 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The sale of Cadbury’s was criminal

It was a company founded on humanitarian principles. The story around Cadbury and the village of Bornville is well known here. Yet, Kraft (or Mondelez) purchased them, reneged on fair trade commitments and paid next to nothing in tax last year

Americans don’t have our principles and never will 

Amazing place, I lived really close to it for many years, like going back in time even today.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont buy Heinz beans! They're very overrated imo. Each to their own. Also, I dont live near an Asian or Food Warehouse, whatever that is. I try to shop locally and walk to the shops as much as possible

Edited by gumboots

17 hours ago, Gav said:

Amazing place, I lived really close to it for many years, like going back in time even today.

Bournville is one of the two places (the other being Saltaire in Bradford) that every Housing Diploma student learns about. Amazing ethos that we could all still learn from today.

19 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Bournville is one of the two places (the other being Saltaire in Bradford) that every Housing Diploma student learns about. Amazing ethos that we could all still learn from today.

Responsible capitalism Ed Miliband called it, quickly followed by screeches of derision from the Tories. 

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Spent a great day at Saltaire a few years ago. Wonderful. A living museum.

18 minutes ago, Silas said:

Lol. Delicious salty tears. Tasty. I'll take 2 cups please. 

Bet they would have got behind Switzerland if they got to the final. What's brexit it got to do this apart from being butthurt england to the final. 

It being totally conditioned for England is so BS. If it was we would have got a 3rd place team in the round of 16 rather than 2nd place from the toughest group. And if they wanted to hand us an easy penalty give us the foul on Kane in normal time. 

One hesitates to make a political (or Brexit) point on this thread but without players with at least one parent or grandparent born overseas, the current England team would be down to just 3 players

All those who are against immigration, or "foreigners" in general, who have brought so much to this country, think on

eng.jpg

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

One hesitates to make a political (or Brexit) point on this thread but without players with at least one parent or grandparent born overseas, the current England team would be down to just 3 players

All those who are against immigration, or "foreigners" in general, who have brought so much to this country, think on

eng.jpg

You might as well have posted a picture of a unicorn Jim.

Since Brexit in no way, shape or form stops immigration. 

Is our Country currently "without immigration"?

Please attempt to try and answer yes to that question. It will be Friday night entertainment at the very least.

For a topic you appear so obsessed with, you really do display an astounding lack of knowledge. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

eng.jpg

And we would still keep a clean sheet against Scotland.

5 hours ago, den said:

What a woman. Looks Frost right in the eyes.

A member is Sin Fein giving the UK government grief, who would have thought it…..

18 hours ago, Silas said:

You might as well have posted a picture of a unicorn Jim.

Since Brexit in no way, shape or form stops immigration. 

Is our Country currently "without immigration"?

Please attempt to try and answer yes to that question. It will be Friday night entertainment at the very least.

For a topic you appear so obsessed with, you really do display an astounding lack of knowledge. 

Whoosh, straight over the crossbar. Someone liked it so all is not lost