BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brexit

Just now, den said:

We have the ability to greatly reduce immigration numbers now. Whenever this point is made, it's met with silence. If you want my opinion of why it's ignored, it's because the racist segment of our society is really only concerned with certain people's, or certain religions. 

I've answered you making this point about 5 times by now, and pre-empted above by saying we'd need UKIP in power because at present the Tories do as much about immigration as Labour.

No I don't want your opinion thanks if you're going to sling the racist insult about as is becoming a rising trend among you leftist vermin scum on here. There you go, how do you like being insulted?

Lovely coffee house in Manchester today, served by a Portuguese barista with a smile and a quip. Can't wait to see the back of him and other hard working foreigners to be replaced by surly locals. We will all be poorer of course but it will be totally worth it because we will have "taken back control".

Just now, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

I've answered you making this point about 5 times by now, and pre-empted above by saying we'd need UKIP in power because at present the Tories do as much about immigration as Labour.

No I don't want your opinion thanks if you're going to sling the racist insult about as is becoming a rising trend among you leftist vermin scum on here. There you go, how do you like being insulted?

Charming. Ukip in all its glory. Paul Nuttall anyone ?

Just now, den said:

We have the ability to greatly reduce immigration numbers now. Whenever this point is made, it's met with silence. If you want my opinion of why it's ignored, it's because the racist segment of our society is really only concerned with certain people's, or certain religions. 

You'd be talking about our very own Xenophobic, Bigoted jim and his dislike of Americans and Australians then? Or would you be talking about a segment of society and a Religion that promotes Homophobia and the murder of those that are gay, practices Paedophilia, delights in Misogyny, openly calls for the death of all non believers and also does nothing to hide it's rife antisemitism? You need to re focus your outraged gaze in the right direction and stop trying to demonize your fellow countrymen who have no desire to live in any such society.

Just now, otto man said:

You'd be talking about our very own Xenophobic, Bigoted jim and his dislike of Americans and Australians then?

Pointed out to you many many times my issues are with Englishmen who support Aussies at sport and the NRA and Repubicans in the US.

Please try to read and comprehend.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Charming. Ukip in all its glory. Paul Nuttall anyone ?

Charming from the biggest w***** who's ever posted on here. I'll take that as a compliment thanks. As for your Paul Nuttal comment, I can only assume as a ex-journo (for whatever disgraceful rag used to take you on) that you must be pretty confident about being safe from libel prosecutions on here, so I'll skip looking into it.

For the record, before the idiot brigade you swing the baton for started slinging their insults I was trying to reasonably respond to a rare Remainer with a bit of class in Danny. But hey why not give it back eh. Least we'll be rid of you if you one day pluck up the courage to answer IS' call or that vest you ordered ever arrives.

Just now, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Charming from the biggest w***** who's ever posted on here. I'll take that as a compliment thanks. As for your Paul Nuttal comment, I can only assume as a ex-journo (for whatever disgraceful rag used to take you on) that you must be pretty confident about being safe from libel prosecutions on here, so I'll skip looking into it.

For the record, before the idiot brigade you swing the baton for started slinging their insults I was trying to reasonably respond to a rare Remainer with a bit of class in Danny. But hey why not give it back eh. Least we'll be rid of you if you one day pluck up the courage to answer IS' call or that vest you ordered ever arrives.

PM'd you

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Pointed out to you many many times my issues are with Englishmen who support Aussies at sport and the NRA and Repubicans in the US.

Please try to read and comprehend.

jim,we both know if we go back and search, we'll find posts that show you're telling porkies. Big fat one's! Hypocrisy, much?

2 hours ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

1 hour ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Doesn't take too much for true colours to be exposed, does it?

You've always been a hate filled divisive individual, who has hidden behind a "pseudo intellectual" persona. 

"A remainer with a bit of class?" You wouldn't know "class" if it slapped you around the face.

Just now, Batman. said:

Doesn't take too much for true colours to be exposed, does it?

You've always been a hate filled divisive individual, who has hidden behind a "pseudo intellectual" persona. 

"A remainer with a bit of class?" You wouldn't know "class" if it slapped you around the face.

Boring. Won't waste my time with a myriad of obscene insults, can't be bothered.

• Paul locked this topic
  • Backroom
13 hours ago, Paul said:

This thread will reopen once admin/mods have the opportunity to review reports received.

And quite frankly, I'm don't even fancy reopening it at all. Too many stupid insults flying in both directions.

As a result of last night's reports and complaints this thread is now permanently closed.

No new thread will be permitted on the topic. This is not censorship. All the mods are in agreement the language and abuse used in this thread will no longer be tolerated and may result in other thread closures and bans. 

Edited by Paul

• Paul unlocked this topic

In response to the concerns raised regarding perceived board censorship the moderators have decided to reopen the Brexit thread.

Members are strongly urged to read the threads "Abusive, Insulting, Intimidating or Threatening Behaviour" which have been posted in Ask Admin, The Messageboard and ICBINF.

Edited by Paul

On 15/02/2017 at 7:56 AM, DannyKeg said:

I'm not on this forum to score points off or belittle other people, I try to think something through before posting and not shoot from the hip or snipe at people.
I'm 65 years old, retired, I've had a decent career, together with my wife we have brought up a family, I've travelled around the world, seen a lot of things, I speak four languages, I'm reasonably smart. 
But I honestly can't see what the advantages there will be from Brexit and how people will be better off, the U.K. more prosperous. What will you be able to do differently the first day after you leave the EU that you couldn't do when you were in it ? Why can't someone explain it to me seriously and sensibly without just repeating campaign slogans or indulging in wishful thinking?

I think you know already that's a loaded question.  The benefits and disadvantages vary on an individual basis, and the same would be true for remaining. Hence the referendum, and the lack of an overwhelming result one way or the other.  You mentioned earlier about worrying about young people - well, there's been plenty said about how opportunities have declined over the past few decades whilst we've been in the EU!  There's headlines about rising inflation now, it seems to be forgotten that it was higher only a few years ago, again whilst we are part of the EU.  The main reason for voting remain according to polling was fear over the effect on the economy, yet the EU doesn't protect economies from crashing.  Personally i think that's one of the big advantages of leaving, we won't be tied in with a failed economy we don't have direct influence over.

I also look at the history of our involvement in the EU, and it troubles me that a vote to join the common market was taken as consent to transform it into something much bigger. Rather than being the default position, this was actually the first chance to say if we wanted to join the EU - I'd have made more of that if I'd been campaigning.  It's made out that those voting to leave have taken a blind jump, but those who wanted to stay can't say how much the EU will change before we next get a chance to vote (if ever).  I think it's telling that generally the older generations opted to reverse how they voted 40 years ago. I'd argue it's a lesson learned through experience.

I'm of the older generation and a somewhat reluctant remainer. Most of my contemporaries who voted out did so yearning for the " good old days " when the map in the geography room was mainly pink and Bryan Douglas was running rings around all and sundry. Neither or those things will ever happen again.

I'm not really a gambler by nature and what swayed me in the end was the fact that leaving is a massive gamble. You can argue staying would also be a gamble. Possibly true , but not a gamble of the same magnitude.

I also think the MP's who have put party before country in this issue, and we all know who they are,  will not be judged kindly in the future.

11 hours ago, Rover-the-Top said:

I think you know already that's a loaded question.  The benefits and disadvantages vary on an individual basis, and the same would be true for remaining. Hence the referendum, and the lack of an overwhelming result one way or the other.  You mentioned earlier about worrying about young people - well, there's been plenty said about how opportunities have declined over the past few decades whilst we've been in the EU!  There's headlines about rising inflation now, it seems to be forgotten that it was higher only a few years ago, again whilst we are part of the EU.  The main reason for voting remain according to polling was fear over the effect on the economy, yet the EU doesn't protect economies from crashing.  Personally i think that's one of the big advantages of leaving, we won't be tied in with a failed economy we don't have direct influence over.

I also look at the history of our involvement in the EU, and it troubles me that a vote to join the common market was taken as consent to transform it into something much bigger. Rather than being the default position, this was actually the first chance to say if we wanted to join the EU - I'd have made more of that if I'd been campaigning.  It's made out that those voting to leave have taken a blind jump, but those who wanted to stay can't say how much the EU will change before we next get a chance to vote (if ever).  I think it's telling that generally the older generations opted to reverse how they voted 40 years ago. I'd argue it's a lesson learned through experience.

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm of the older generation and a somewhat reluctant remainer. Most of my contemporaries who voted out did so yearning for the " good old days " when the map in the geography room was mainly pink and Bryan Douglas was running rings around all and sundry. Neither or those things will ever happen again.

I'm not really a gambler by nature and what swayed me in the end was the fact that leaving is a massive gamble. You can argue staying would also be a gamble. Possibly true , but not a gamble of the same magnitude.

I also think the MP's who have put party before country in this issue, and we all know who they are,  will not be judged kindly in the future.

Foe what it's worth, I didn't vote in the referendum, simply because I couldn't decide which way to vote. The two posts above perfectly explain the predicament we find ourselves in and have done so without bitterness or anger, thank you. 

• Guest changed the title to Brexit
  • Guest featured and unfeatured this topic