BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enders (Knob) V Mighty Rovers

tomphil

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered Stokes' cameo. Jesus I can see why he's not got a look in recently, looked out of shape and away with the fairies.

When he was named as sub I just assumed there was no celtic game on (or Elvis impersonator conventions) that he could go back up there and watch , and was stuck for something to do on a Saturday night.

I would really struggle to decide what our best team would be for the next few games after seeing the last few games, the negatives in the squad so far out weigh the positives.

Starting at the back we have a goalkeeper that doesn't particularly make saves, we often concede from the opponents first shot on target. Nobody in our squad can have any sort of confidence in the lad, Saturday summed him up for me, we had started to get on top and Preston had their first bit of pressure in 15 minutes and a shot came in that was 2 feet to his right (max) and he couldn't keep it out. Our problem is Raya hasn't appeared to be much better.

Defence, right back is a selection of Lowe or Marshall both are hit or miss. Centre half is going to be made up of whoever is fit, Mulgrew will probably be lucky to make much of the Xmas period I genuinely dread to think who will end up at centre back come the back end of this period with all of our crocks!

Midfield and attack is a tough one due to the only strength in our whole squad being our forward line but playing two up top means our midfield is walked through with ease. Packing the midfield with three doesn't work as we have next to no goals from there and we still seem to concede.

Lowe and Evans together offer nothing going forwards and I don't even need to comment on Jason Lowes abilities with a football at his feet, we have so many central midfielders yet we struggle to find a goal or combination amongst the whole of them.

I can't say I'm looking forwards to the Christmas footballing period!

Stood directly behind the goal. Marshal wasn't a penalty, nor a booking, Evans was 100% penalty and red card.

Not for me - contact was not even close to enough to bring him down and he was looking for it as soon as he managed to bring it down.

Thought the ref had a good game apart from inexplicably booking Marshall.

Really? It was good strike by Johnson. The closing down was poor by The midfielders.

Second goal, I dont know why Lenihan even hand ball it. Not sure if the Preston striker would have scored.

The 3rd goal I would agree was poor. Steele should have got a better hand on it and tip it around the post.

I think your right chadster. Blaming steele for the first is very harsh. It was a beautifully curled shot which he had no chance with. Evans and Lowe should of Been tracking. could have done better with the third

I think your right chadster. Blaming Steele for the first is very harsh. It was a beautifully curled shot which he had no chance with. Evans and Lowe should of have been tracking. Could have done better with the third.

I think your right chadster. Blaming Steele for the first is very harsh. It was a beautifully curled shot which he had no chance with. Evans and Lowe should of have been tracking. Could have done better with the third.

I have only come across this error on this MB.

Surely it is 'shudov'......

Nothing to do with this thread more to do with the demise of the English language.

Just remembered Stokes' cameo. Jesus I can see why he's not got a look in recently, looked out of shape and away with the fairies.

I remember seeing him come on for Hibs just after he went there on loan last season. he looked a good couple of stone overweight and well off the pace. Obviously not very professional.

How easy was Steele beaten for Preston's first goal !

Johnson's shot was going wide and curled in just inside the post. I doubt if any keeper could have got to it.

Their third he should have done better.

Sell them to who?

Halifax as a job lot.

When he was named as sub I just assumed there was no celtic game on (or Elvis impersonator conventions) that he could go back up there and watch , and was stuck for something to do on a Saturday night.

I think his impersonations were very good. He reminded me of Peter Kay and he also made me laugh.

Some people use language for the reason it developed in the first place. To communicate. Not everyone can spell or is grammatically correct all of the time. As long as everyone understands the conveyed message does it matter. Fair enough if I was writing for a national paper or I was an English lecturer but for a football message board I'm sure we can all put our red pens away

Some people use language for the reason it developed in the first place. To communicate. Not everyone can spell or is grammatically correct all of the time. As long as everyone understands the conveyed message does it matter. Fair enough if I was writing for a national paper or I was an English lecturer but for a football message board I'm sure we can all put our red pens away

Sorry but "of" instead of "have" is my pet hate. :)

Is that a question or not? Yes, it does matter. It's about standards. Let's stop trying to keep up with the slowest and weakest. The future of the human race demands it.

Archived