BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enders (Knob) V Mighty Rovers

tomphil

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your problem with Scousers and what's wrong with the LT? Serious question.

LT parsons have you read it ? You'd think Rovers were near the top with crap like.... Ace.. Star says.. Boss says..Standards won't slip or words to that effect!

Who's controling the Lacashire Telegraph these days especially after a Rovers supporting journalist who wasmore than proven was turned down for the role to cover Rovers in the paper.

Oh and let's not forget they are taking pictures of you all while your at the game now what's all that about !

As for scousers I won't commit unfortunately.

LT parsons have you read it ? You'd think Rovers were near the top with crap like.... Ace.. Star says.. Boss says..Standards won't slip or words to that effect!

Who's controling the Lacashire Telegraph these days especially after a Rovers supporting journalist who wasmore than proven was turned down for the role to cover Rovers in the paper.

Oh and let's not forget they are taking pictures of you all while your at the game now what's all that about !

I've known guys at the LT over many years and have always found them to be hard working journalists who are more than fair in their reporting. Sadly, there are so many folk with different agendas that they are always going to come in for criticism from one quarter or another. They report what Coyle says because he is the manager which seems fair enough.

Arent the LT owned by Newsnow?

Who was this Rovers fan journalist?

Why no comment?

I've known guys at the LT over many years and have always found them to be hard working journalists who are more than fair in their reporting. Sadly, there are so many folk with different agendas that they are always going to come in for criticism from one quarter or another. They report what Coyle says because he is the manager which seems fair enough.

Question parsons do you know those journalists now and what I'm challenging is how independent are they really ?

Arent the LT owned by Newsnow?

Who was this Rovers fan journalist?

Why no comment?

LT owned by Newsquest Media Group who have around 200 publications.

Peter White was the last decent Rovers' journalist.

We need a journalist in the mold of David Allin who knew the game and told it how it was. Allin was about in the Jim Iley era but unfortunately rattled too many cages and was sidelined.

Jim Wilkinson would be a fantastic choice but I doubt Jim would take it on now given his age and other factors. Jim knows his stuff inside out and is a superbly forthright, entertaining and gifted writer.

Sadly, journalistic standards have fallen through the floor with some even struggling to meet basic literacy standards - seen numerous examples of not being able to even differentiate between 'to' and 'too' !

pity they dont report fairly on what / why fans like me are boycotting or report fairly on the way venkys run the club...tosspot rag and fully deserved of the vengraph tag.

LT owned by Newsquest Media Group who have around 200 publications.

Peter White was the last decent Rovers' journalist.

We need a journalist like David Allin who knew the game and told it how it was. Allin was about in the Jim Iley era but unfortunately rattled too many cages and was sidelined.

Jim Wilkinson would be a fantastic choice but I doubt Jim would take it on now given his age and other factors. Jim knows his stuff inside out and is a superbly forthright, entertaining and gifted writer.

Sadly, journalistic standards have fallen through the floor with some even struggling to meet basic literacy standards requirements - seen numerous examples of not being able to even differentiate between 'to' and 'too' !

as evidenced some don't even know the difference between 'to' and 'too'.

jims an arrogant obnoxiuos turd

Who's running Ba and Barnes to the club which agent Is doing the work chaddy ?

You didnt answer my question Jal.

Barnes used to play Coyle team in MLS.

Ba, no idea..

Agents are part of the game and part of most sports now. Not saying it right but they arent going anywhere tho

Ba, no idea..

Agents are part of the game and part of most sports now. Not saying it right but they arent going anywhere tho

haha just like you STILL have NOT answered anyones question to you...did you partake in 1875?

agents ha just let anderson rape the club then.

Very kind of you to say so but my time definitely gone for that - with the long hours (and you are basically on duty 24/7), travelling, late nights and heavy emphasis on technology and clickbait it's very much a young man's gig and probably a young single man, ideally

I applied twice to the LET - neither time specifically for the Rovers job - once at 18 when I was basically clueless and again in my mid 30s when I began in journalism after working for the gas. They very wisely chose instead a young Brian Doogan, who was far more talented and worked harder than anyone I've ever seen in the profession

On a separate note I would have to say, moderators, that if Abbey's post is an example of the lack of civility and basic human decency you are tolerating these days, I'm quite amazed

It is to your deep shame that someone is constantly allowed to carry on in that fashion

st jim of twit

On a separate note I would have to say, moderators, that if Abbey's post is an example of the lack of civility and basic human decency you are tolerating these days, I'm quite amazed

Compared to your snidey backbiting on Twitter, you mean?

pity they dont report fairly on what / why fans like me are boycotting or report fairly on the way venkys run the club...tosspot rag and fully deserved of the vengraph tag.

jims an arrogant obnoxiuos turd

They do report more than fairly about things and have done pieces on the protests. If you are expecting journalistic levels on a par with your last sentence then I would suspect you would be disappointed with every journalist in the land.

Ba, no idea..

Who does Coyle work for chaddy ? Which agents ?

How much will the guys behind the scenes make from player transfers ?

Plus how many lowergrade players are coming in?

Last January we hit a total of seven. In the summer it was another ten ....how many this January two or more ?

Last January we hit a total of seven. In the summer it was another ten ....how many this January two or more ?

Coyle is employed by Rovers. Isnt he agent Dave Sheron?

No idea on agents fees.

Lambert signed 7 players. 3 permanent and 4 loans.

Coyle signed 13 players. 7 permanent and 6 loans.

I hoping we sign 3 or 4 in January. I wouldnt be surprise to see Hendrie or Byrne go back to their Parent clubs. I would look to sign Emnes Permanent.

Which agency does Sam play for ?

Sam Gallagher's agent is Crown Football

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crown-football-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/3590

But why does it matter who his agent? What do you know agent thing and what your entire point/s?

Plus how many lowergrade players are coming in?

Aye some are making nice percentages and that's why agents got involved in owning/running the club. No idea if they are all connected and if all roads lead to a certain door or two but it wouldn't be a surprise. What i do know for a fact is an awful lot of them pee in the same pot and are part of a bigger picture.

They do report more than fairly about things and have done pieces on the protests. If you are expecting journalistic levels on a par with your last sentence then I would suspect you would be disappointed with every journalist in the land.

a tad snobby

a tad snobby

But true nonetheless. I get why you are angry at the owners and I totally understand your frustrations that have led you to boycott. But not everyone who holds a different view or who reports things from a different angle deserves to have your anger focused on them.

Archived