BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Brighton

tomphil

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football is a funny old game. Seemingly, we went up to Newcastle for a spanking and came away with a win.

It would be no surprise to me if we did not come away with at least a draw tonight maybe as a result of Brighton being too complacent. Strange as it seems, I always think we are good for at least a goal.

Gossip last night that Mulgrew wont play again in December and it could be four weeks of a job. Shame if true as he stands out among our collective dross and mediocrity. Sadly, I think he's a 12 game season man and does look injury prone.

Graham 5 goals in 4 games

Gallagher 4 goals in 8 games

Emnes performances have been better. He provides a link between the midfield and attack. Something we need badly

One in form Danny Graham.. Hopefully his goals will keep us up..

Emnes and Gallagher I beg to differ on.. There's a reason at the moment why they're here.. Even though they have been better than I first thought.. But will they be here all season hey Mike

FYI chaddyrovers

Season after season under these shysters the quality of players has been downgraded just get your head out of the sand

BTW you never answered the question about the Wolves home game

Graham 5 goals in 4 games

Gallagher 4 goals in 8 games

Emnes performances have been better. He provides a link between the midfield and attack. Something we need badly

We badly need to stop conceding goals at a near laughable level.

We have scored enough goals overall, more goals than most in and around us and more or very near to some teams in the promotion places.

Huddersfield, in 4th, have scored 23 (same as us) but have conceded 6 fewer goals than us.

Derby, sat in 5th position, have scored 3 goals less than us but conceded 18 (yes 18) less goals than us.

Leeds, in 6th position have scored 23 goals (same as us) but have conceded 22, that's 9 less than us.

There are only Norwich (+1), Forest (+5) and Rotherham (+14) who have conceded more than us and 2 of those have managed to collect more points than us (Forest +5, Norwich +10)

Coyle is an absolute clown of a manager and needs to be sacked this very minute.

Shambles

We badly need to stop conceding goals at a near laughable level.

We have scored enough goals overall, more goals than most in and around us and more or very near to some teams in the promotion places.

Huddersfield, in 4th, have scored 23 (same as us) but have conceded 6 fewer goals than us.

Derby, sat in 5th position, have scored 3 goals less than us but conceded 18 (yes 18) less goals than us.

Leeds, in 6th position have scored 23 goals (same as us) but have conceded 22, that's 9 less than us.

There are only Norwich (+1), Forest (+5) and Rotherham (+14) who have conceded less than us and 2 of those have managed to collect more points than us (Forest +5, Norwich +10)

Coyle is an absolute clown of a manager and needs to be sacked this very minute.

Shambles

You know that and I know that. First thing any manager does to pull away from the bottom of the league is set the team up to be hard to score against. We're the total opposite.

I think 3-5-2 would actually work reasonably well for us, provided you can get 2 of the forwards to drop in when we are out of possession.

Basically playing 3-5-2 when you're in possession and 4-1-4-1 without, I'm not sure the forwards we have are disciplined enough to play this system and I'm pretty sure Coyle wouldn't understand how to implement it so I don't know I'm even bothering suggesting it.

Aside from my daydreaming above I think we could be on the end of a thumping tonight, we've strung a few results together recently whilst playing poorly and fortune favouring us. I think that will run out tonight, you aren't in the bottom 4 after 20 games if you're a good side.

My prediction is a 4-1 loss, Murphy, Baldock (2) and Murray for them, Gallagher for us when we are 3-0 down.

Steele

Marsh Wharton Greer Williams

Bennett Guthrie Evans Conway

Emnes

Graham

I'd go with that tonight given our problems at CB.

Unfortunately first name on the team sheet will be one of the worst ever players to wear the blue and white halves Jason Lowe

You know that and I know that. First thing any manager does to pull away from the bottom of the league is set the team up to be hard to score against. We're the total opposite.

Spot on.

I think someone on here previously broke down Coyle's managerial career, laying out the stats and he has never had a clue how to set up a team with even a remote amount of defensive capability. His promotion with the Dingles was as big a fluke as Leicester's title win.

3-0 to Brighton with Murray bagging a brace and knockhaert running the show . Duffy with an over exhuberant celebration to really get the boos echoing if they weren't from the dire organisation, tactics and line up of this inept monkey the "players" call boss. Someone remind me why I'm doing a 60 mile round trip to endure this

I've got a board meeting tonight and I will be perfectly honest, I'm kind of glad, means I don't have to drag myself from Lancaster to Ewood, tramp to the ground from the Havelock and then tramp back even more miserable than when I arrived, questioning why I bother all the way back up the M6!!

Spot on.

I think someone on here previously broke down Coyle's managerial career, laying out the stats and he has never had a clue how to set up a team with even a remote amount of defensive capability. His promotion with the Dingles was as big a fluke as Leicester's title win.

St Johnstone - 110 games, 38 clean sheets

Burnley - 116 games, 31 clean sheets

Bolton - 125 games, 23 clean sheets

Wigan - 23 games, 6 clean sheets

Houston - 55 games, 13 clean sheets

Rovers - 23 games, 2 clean sheets

TOTAL CAREER GAMES = 452

TOTAL CLEAN SHEETS = 113

CLEAN SHEETS TO GAMES = 25%

Ignoring his time in the micky mouse leagues and concentrating on his performance in England the stats get even worse:

TOTAL GAMES IN ENGLAND = 287

CLEAN SHEETS IN ENGLAND = 62

CLEAN SHEETS TO GAMES IN ENGLAND = 21.6%

At Burnley he conceded 167 goals in 116 games (1.4 per game)

At Bolton he conceded 220 goals in 125 games (1.7 per game)

At Wigan he conceded 28 goals in 23 competitive games (1.2 per game)

At Rovers he's conceded 35 goals in 23 competitive games (1.5 per game)

His record in English football is 450 goals conceded in 287 games (almost 1.6 goals per game)

Coyle lives on one good season at Burnley before he was found out to actually be a lower level manager. Now our lot seem to be living on that one good effort at Newcastle. Greer is the fourth player in a row as well as the manager to now come out with 'we've proved we can mix it with the big boys' in recent interviews.

Really the only evidence we see is a one off preceded and followed by us proving we can't actually mix it enough to get results against the average sides week in week out, that's what matters.

TOTAL CAREER GAMES = 452

TOTAL CLEAN SHEETS = 113

Ignoring his time in the micky mouse leagues and concentrating on his performance in England the stats get even worse:

His record in English football is 450 goals conceded in 287 games (almost 1.6 goals per game)

Cheers.

1.6 goals conceded per game is disastrous. What annoys me more than anything is that everyone knows the first thing to focus on when trying to survive is clean sheets. Own knows best however and most we play continue to score against us.

Rovers 1 - Brighton 2.

Totally agree, if you look at the Newcastle result its an outlier, if you were plotting a graph/analysis of performance in a business environment that result would be excluded.

Cheers.

1.6 goals conceded per game is disastrous. What annoys me more than anything is that everyone knows the first thing to focus on when trying to survive is clean sheets. Own knows best however and most we play continue to score against us.

Rovers 1 - Brighton 2.

In our two most successful recent periods the teams were built on defensive solidity, it's the first thing both Hughes and Allardyce put in place.

Setting up thinking you can win each game 3-2 is lunacy.

My team would be

Steele Marshall Greer Lenihan Williams Bennett Evans Guthrie Gallagher Emnes Graham.

Subs:- Raya Wharton Lowe Conway Stokes Byrne Mahoney

I can't argue with that Chaddy.

I agree. We need to be tough to beat.

Coyle isnt a manager who can do tho. And I dont think we have the midfield who can do this either.

Thats why with the current squad I would go all out attack. 3 strikers. Kevin Keegan approach.

Owen Coyle just reminds me of that lad Aidy Boothroyd, gained a promotion with Watford (Fluky) then bombed at every other club after.

Good point there.

TOTAL CAREER GAMES = 452

TOTAL CLEAN SHEETS = 113

Great work JHR. This should go on a PowerPoint presentation and be sent to Charlie Cheston.

Archived