BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] #findpasha

ABBEY

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any evidence to show that Pasha isn't just another clueless Venkyite who keeps his head down in an office in Brockhall/Ewood and just repeats the line "no money, no money".

Is he a kingpin or just the guy with Balaji's new mobile number?

Got a call before off a guy i know who has nothing more than a passing interest in Rovers and isn't really up to speed on all things Venkys etc. He was out NYE and got talking to a guy who works for a firm inside Ewood and the rumour amongst some goes along the lines they think those upstairs have real concerns the plug will be pulled soon and the Vs are prepared to do whatever is needed to scrape some money back.

This has come about allegedly because big sis wanted out and wanted to consider what the options where but fat Barry wouldn't agree. She has therefore withdrawn her and hubbys support and backing leaving Gangsta flapping on what to do next so he's done what he usually does and has gone to ground and that's why the middle man is there keeping a distance between Vs and the club.

Now of course this is just somebody said to somebody but the reason iv'e posted it is because the lad who told knows nothing really of the in's and outs of it all and isn't really interested yet he reeled off this stuff and it does tally a bit with what's happened since the end of last season and the alteration on the share documents etc plus one or two other rumours. He also mentioned the other brother wanting to sell his share to a consortium to raise finance or something.

Pinch of salt stuff maybe or maybe not.....

I suspect we'll be finding out very shortly what the reality is. Relegation or survival I don't think will make that much difference to these people. They clearly have no pride or self respect so whether we're still in the Championship or in League One is probably irrelevant to them. It will probably mean we lose £20 million next year rather than £15 million.

If its true that Desai and her hubby want out and have turned off the money tap and Balaji is the one keeping the show on the road then he's going to have to find the dosh in his piggy bank to pay the bills. I doubt he has the liquidity or nous to keep this club afloat beyond a few months and once the sales run out its end game time. Marshall/Graham/Evans might keep it going for a few more months but sooner rather than later the chequebook will need to come out to pay the next installment.

Got a call before off a guy i know who has nothing more than a passing interest in Rovers and isn't really up to speed on all things Venkys etc. He was out NYE and got talking to a guy who works for a firm inside Ewood and the rumour amongst some goes along the lines they think those upstairs have real concerns the plug will be pulled soon and the Vs are prepared to do whatever is needed to scrape some money back.

This has come about allegedly because big sis wanted out and wanted to consider what the options where but fat Barry wouldn't agree. She has therefore withdrawn her and hubbys support and backing leaving Gangsta flapping on what to do next so he's done what he usually does and has gone to ground and that's why the middle man is there keeping a distance between Vs and the club.

Now of course this is just somebody said to somebody but the reason iv'e posted it is because the lad who told knows nothing really of the in's and outs of it all and isn't really interested yet he reeled off this stuff and it does tally a bit with what's happened since the end of last season and the alteration on the share documents etc plus one or two other rumours. He also mentioned the other brother wanting to sell his share to a consortium to raise finance or something.

Pinch of salt stuff maybe or maybe not.....

So many rumours but this story does ring true. Explains the switching off of the tap, why we are looking under the sofas for pound coins and the merciless dumbing down all over the club. would explain why Warnock was lined up and discarded for Coyle---cheaper and more" malleable"?

its good news in a way because Balaji cannot possibly finance the club on his own for long so the end may well be nigh. Whether its an end that sees the club survive depends on the supporters probably, unless he sells to a bunch of crooks, in which case it starts all over again.i'm endlessly musing I know but something must change soon surely?

Tallies in with Lambert saying there's a story to unfold when he first said he was stepping down but nothing actually did apart from it being obvious he had no backing. Got to LOL at those who jumped on here and social media saying they weren't backing him because he was crap and they wanted rid and to give money to the next guy.!!!!

The lad also said the other brother had sold his share but it hadn't come out yet but can't see that being the case but you never know. Think that would make things even more messy.

If we take the document at Companies House as being an accurate reflection of the ownership structure then it suggests that Desai and her husband have either diluted or completely offloaded their shares in the club. The most recent statement suggests that the only two shareholders of significant status are Balaji and Venkatesh.

This 'step back' or possibly complete and utter washing their hands of the club by Desai and husband appears to tally perfectly with a number of things we've seen in recent times.

It adds up with the changing financial picture, as the sales and no money began at the same time with the Cairney sale and Cheston going to India but no Bowyer.

It adds up with rumours of Bowyer being under pressure and then eventually being sacked when previously people had said Bowyer was safe because he got on with Desai and made her money on transfers.

It adds up with the mysterious arrival and antics of Pasha behind the scenes which has subsequently seen 2 managers depart along with demolition of the board with Biggar, Shaw and Myers all leaving with no replacements. Prior to summer 2015 I'd never even heard of Pasha and it seems he's more Balaji's man than Mrs Desai's.

It adds up with managers no longer speaking to Desai as Kean and Bowyer once did to 'get business done'. Lambert said he met Balaji and Coyle said he met him prior to getting the job but Desai never mentioned as part of the equation.

It adds up with what Tomphil has posted above.

I'm still not quite sure how the stepping back of Desai and husband can have worked. When they took over it was clearly a 4 x 25% arrangement with each of them having equal say in the decisions and needing to agree for anything major to happen. Or at least that was how they attempted to pass it off with Mrs Desai sitting at the top as the ultimate boss presumably with final say on using company funds to bankroll the football club. Now it appears that Balaji and Venkatesh each own more than 25% but less than 50% of the club. I suppose in theory that could mean that they each own 49.5% of the shares with the remaining 1%ish owned by the minor shareholders in the UK, or alternatively they could own less than that which leads to the question of who owns the remaining shares.

If she has washed her hands of it and stopped company funds/loans from financing the club's losses then it has to be end-game time. This adds up with cashing in wherever possible, cutting costs all over the show and no money allowed for new players.

The question is how long can it be sustained for? We've no real idea how much the club is losing each year, at the last count it was about 15 million although the recent sales and wage bill cutting ought to have wiped that out for a couple of years.

No idea pal but it could never be shown on paper anyway as it's a conflict of interest but who knows what handshakes went on in offices in Zurich or wherever and what is written on a piece of paper in a safe in another country.

The money trail would be the only thing that could expose anything like that probably. Maybe a piece of land or property gifted off the record could stand as someone else's insurance for their stake and that would never show up.

If we take the document at Companies House as being an accurate reflection of the ownership structure then it suggests that Desai and her husband have either diluted or completely offloaded their shares in the club. The most recent statement suggests that the only two shareholders of significant status are Balaji and Venkatesh.

This 'step back' or possibly complete and utter washing their hands of the club by Desai and husband appears to tally perfectly with a number of things we've seen in recent times.

It adds up with the changing financial picture, as the sales and no money began at the same time with the Cairney sale and Cheston going to India but no Bowyer.

It adds up with rumours of Bowyer being under pressure and then eventually being sacked when previously people had said Bowyer was safe because he got on with Desai and made her money on transfers.

It adds up with the mysterious arrival and antics of Pasha behind the scenes which has subsequently seen 2 managers depart along with demolition of the board with Biggar, Shaw and Myers all leaving with no replacements. Prior to summer 2015 I'd never even heard of Pasha and it seems he's more Balaji's man than Mrs Desai's.

It adds up with managers no longer speaking to Desai as Kean and Bowyer once did to 'get business done'. Lambert said he met Balaji and Coyle said he met him prior to getting the job but Desai never mentioned as part of the equation.

It adds up with what Tomphil has posted above.

I'm still not quite sure how the stepping back of Desai and husband can have worked. When they took over it was clearly a 4 x 25% arrangement with each of them having equal say in the decisions and needing to agree for anything major to happen. Or at least that was how they attempted to pass it off with Mrs Desai sitting at the top as the ultimate boss presumably with final say on using company funds to bankroll the football club. Now it appears that Balaji and Venkatesh each own more than 25% but less than 50% of the club. I suppose in theory that could mean that they each own 49.5% of the shares with the remaining 1%ish owned by the minor shareholders in the UK, or alternatively they could own less than that which leads to the question of who owns the remaining shares.

If she has washed her hands of it and stopped company funds/loans from financing the club's losses then it has to be end-game time. This adds up with cashing in wherever possible, cutting costs all over the show and no money allowed for new players.

The question is how long can it be sustained for? We've no real idea how much the club is losing each year, at the last count it was about 15 million although the recent sales and wage bill cutting ought to have wiped that out for a couple of years.

I think someone maybe you JH mentioned it a while ago that the disappearing money could have been being used to pay off someones stake in the club or money they've put in. All conjecture of course but companies house documents do add weight to this.

As always under these lot it leaves the club in limbo and suffering and if fat Barry sticks hold of it then it could end up being run as we now see until he lets it get wound up. He's got form for stuff like this.

No idea pal but it could never be shown on paper anyway as it's a conflict of interest but who knows what handshakes went on in offices in Zurich or wherever and what is written on a piece of paper in a safe in another country.

The money trail would be the only thing that could expose anything like that probably. Maybe a piece of land or property gifted off the record could stand as someone else's insurance for their stake and that would never show up.

Also explains why the project partners were given the keys to the sweetshop and the safe and started downgrading the stock for cheaper products with higher %

The above all makes sense to me, there is zero money Barry has gone to ground and the accountant is trying to balance the books. Does selling shares not class as a change of ownership, for example if the other brother has sold up that is change in ownership is it not? If for example Barry now had 99% ownership is that a change of owner or not? Meaning does that not require the brillant fit and proper test again?

Barry will either spend a fortune on it or just ignore it and pretend it didn't happen - there is history.

I feel like the end is in sight, for some reason.

I also heard last night from you could call it the horses mouth that our under soil heating is not working and there is no money to repair it.

I have thought for a while that the funds from the sales of Rhodes, Hanley & Duffy, were merely being used to fund the club. Further funds have come in unexpectedly for Rochina and I think Nzonzi. Clearly Coyle stating that he hasn't been given the green light on transfers for January, makes me think this even more and I see no signings of any description in January. It feels like we are borrowing on a credit card to pay our personal loan payments.

Just one question for anyone who might know. If the brother does sell his share to a consortium, will the purchaser need to pass the fit and proper owners test? If they do and it come out that someone is buying a significant share, then we need to beat the doors down, of the authorities to make sure this test is carried out properly, for once.

The above all makes sense to me, there is zero money Barry has gone to ground and the accountant is trying to balance the books. Does selling shares not class as a change of ownership, for example if the other brother has sold up that is change in ownership is it not? If for example Barry now had 99% ownership is that a change of owner or not? Meaning does that not require the brillant fit and proper test again?

Sorry you beat me to it with that. I didn't read this post until I have posted mine.

I also heard last night from you could call it the horses mouth that our under soil heating is not working and there is no money to repair it.

Which horses mouth Pete? I would not be one bit surprised at that.

Its true that the undersoil heating isn't working, hence the covers that were by the pitch yesterday which had been used over Xmas to protect the pitch from frost.

Just one question for anyone who might know. If the brother does sell his share to a consortium, will the purchaser need to pass the fit and proper owners test? If they do and it come out that someone is buying a significant share, then we need to beat the doors down, of the authorities to make sure this test is carried out properly, for once.

I think you only have to go through the fit and proper test if you own more than 30% of the shares.

I do wonder back in 2010 how the test was carried out on Venkys. As none of the individuals owned more than 25% did any of them get tested? Did they investigate Venkys as a company or did they investigate the family and their backgrounds?

Suffice to say there's no way anyone from the Premier League would have got anything from Desai and her husband. She seems to be harder to get access to than the Queen and won't waste her time with such things like fit and proper tests.

Probably didn't even bother to do one, as long as they haven't been convicted of a crime and have the cash then nothing to worry about....

To be fair i can't see how a share sale could be known about this end until it showed up on companies house so i'm sceptical about that bit but the rest of it makes a bit of sense. Crystal clear something has been going on since last summer.

On the fit and proper test didn't someone from the Trust spend several weeks in India checking out Venkys ? Considering we had our own FA man as a proper director back then it probably only took David Brown or who ever it was to come back and say yes the core business checks out, the family are wealthy and seem nice people. Good old Bob then okays it to FA who in turn give green light.

Might go some way to explaining how he's kept his guest position at Ewood when every other stalwart has fallen and why he's kept his head firmly in the sand !

I agree that it is crystal clear that something has been going on since last summer. The fact that we don't have the money to repair the under soil heating, backs up the fear that we will have no transfers in, of any nature. I do wonder if this is all about to come to a head and fear the headline Blackburn Rovers players have not been paid their wages, this month.

It seems in the recent past even Shaw could get on the blower to Madame but now the new system is report to the middle man who then flys off for an audience with his boss or bosses. Then it all has to wait until he comes back with a ya or nay so even if there is a few quid we could still miss the boat.

I wonder if the heating is really bust or they are just not switching it on for fear on a big bill and trying to get by with the covers etc.

I agree that it is crystal clear that something has been going on since last summer. The fact that we don't have the money to repair the under soil heating, backs up the fear that we will have no transfers in, of any nature. I do wonder if this is all about to come to a head and fear the headline Blackburn Rovers players have not been paid their wages, this month.

I fear that too then we would be on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)#List_of_clubs_that_have_entered_administration

There are some clubs that have come back strong others have not done so well. One thing for sure they all take a big points hit, I'm not sure why the FA decide you have to take massive points deduction which I bet in most cases leads to relegation.

EDIT RTFD

Before the implementation of a points deduction it was perceived that clubs had "manipulated and abused [administration] as a way of shedding debts then restructuring, and borrowing again once the hapless creditors had been fobbed off with their 8p in the pound"

I fear that too then we would be on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)#List_of_clubs_that_have_entered_administration

There are some clubs that have come back strong others have not done so well. One thing for sure they all take a big points hit, I'm not sure why the FA decide you have to take massive points deduction which I bet in most cases leads to relegation.

Lets bloody get it done this year then - going down anyway.

Admin, Venky sell, relegation, debt free in league 1? I'll snap your hands off.

Lets bloody get it done this year then - going down anyway.

Admin, Venky sell, relegation, debt free in league 1? I'll snap your hands off.

Me too, but how do we get someone at the club to admit this, until the have to, as they have no more funds? If they do keep us afloat for the season and we are relegated, then starting next season in league one with -15 points, would be a nightmare.

Archived