BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Beautiful Game - Rotten To The Core

Gav

As Allardyce takes up his new role at Crystal Palace on a big fat contract to keep them in the Premiership, the old suits at the FA can sleep a little easier, safe in the knowledge they've successfully swept the alleged backhanders, bungs and brown envelope scandal well and truly under the carpet.

With Allardyce managing to escape with a massive payoff for gross misconduct, alleged theft and fraud, that alone bought his silence after he'd alleged the FA took money under the table, he should have been banned from football, the average man/woman in the street would have been lucky to escape a jail term, its absolutely disgusting.

Hardly a dissenting word about his appointment, no wonder the rats running our show continue to get away with murder, don't rock the boat, nobody cares about Blackburn Rovers and seemingly nobody cares about bungs, fraud and theft either.

Just another nail in the football coffin for me, this could just be the straw that breaks the camels back and I've not even mentioned the sex abuse claims.......

The beautiful game - rotten to the core.

He was a fool, no question. Another example of the Wild West football industry that has been consumed by greed.

But should be in jail? Think your irrational hatred of a good manager for BRFC is clouding your judgement.

Irrational hatred?

The guy has been caught taking money under the table, probably been doing it all his career, you like many had the wool pulled over your eyes and backed the wrong horse whilst he had his sticky fingers in the Blackburn Rovers till.

If you took money or goods as part of deals through work they'd more than likely prosecute, which could result in court and possible jail depending on the sums involved, loads of examples in the press.

He should have been banned from football and jailed if found guilty of stealing/fraud, but the FA desire just wasn't their :rock:

Irrational hatred?

The guy has been caught taking money under the table, probably been doing it all his career, you like many had the wool pulled over your eyes and backed the wrong horse whilst he had his sticky fingers in the Blackburn Rovers till.

Took money under the table? I may be wrong but I thought the only 'deal' made was thinking some fool in Singapore or wherever wanted to pay him £xxxx for a speaking engagement? Folks and their money and all that, but perfectly legal.

The only other issue was him stating the belief that there were ways round third party ownership, who knows, if pressed further he may have facilitated such an arrangement, alas we will never know.

Grubby, greedy and is the braggart a fine example of the football cesspit? Too right, but once again, explain why he should be in jail?

And as for 'having wool pulled over eyes and backing the wrong horse at Rovers?' You must be joking, he was the last time we actually had the right one, as the last 6 years have sadly proved.

The haste to bring Big Sam into Selhurst Park is quite distasteful. I respect Sam on purely footballing terms, and he was a pretty good manager at Blackburn and was very good at Bolton, but he is proven to be corrupt. I would've thought he'd be out the game a while longer after that sting, but then this does highlight that money and fear of losing it trumps any principles.

Would I rather he didn't get the sack in 2010? Yes, as he may have kept us up a bit longer. Of course, we don't know how he'd have fared under the Venky's/Anderson regime and he may have walked anyway. All we can say with certainty is that all the managers that have followed have been much worse.

The police are investigating bungs within football but Allardyce isnt being investigate tho.

He was stupid for doing what he did. But his achievements within football of keep clubs up and achieve promotion is very good

So not only are you the "expert" on pasha you are also an expert on the police .

Irrational hatred?

, you like many had the wool pulled over your eyes and backed the wrong horse whilst he had his sticky fingers in the Blackburn Rovers till.

Did he?

I think the subsequent 6 years since Allardyce departed shows actually we were backing the right horse.

I hope he keeps Palace up to drum home that fact once again.

That is extremely sobering. I genuinely fear that, changing the names and locations, that is the fate that awaits us.

But I'd hate to keep Gav from his Allardyce hate-in. I swear there are times when I honestly think you hate Big Sam more than Little Steve. Did he pinch one of your garden gnomes or something? :rolleyes:

He let down himself and his country holding that meeting after accepting the manager's post, but lets get some perspective. That particular crime was minute in the pecking order for dodgy goings on in football, virtually anything Venkys have been involved in since buying us has been worse and the FA are equally culpable for standing by and watching it. Them taking the moral high road regarding Big Sam whilst they're more than happy to watch 10-15 clubs now be taken to the precipice of existence by recklessness and corruption makes it an empty publicity stunt.

Which Palace have clearly seen it as such. And if they hadn't taken Sam on, tens of other Premiership and Championship clubs would have been queuing up to do so over the next 12 months. Look at Joey Barton, stubbed out a lit cigar on a youth team player's eye, had a fight with a 15 year old Everton fan, put a team-mate in hospital for which he received a suspended jail sentence, actually received a 6 month jail sentence for assaulting someone on a night out, and he's never without a club for more than 5 minutes before someone comes along begging him to sign. Then there's Ched Evans who Sheff United were in talks with to re-sign whilst he was still in prison and still classed as guilty.

If you were a particularly gifted young footballer you could literally kill someone as a teenager and if you were out before 30 there'd be clubs trying to sign you. So yeah you're right, football is rotten, but there's a distinct lack of sincerity in complaining about it by just going nuts when Big Sam gets another job. If anyone genuinely wants to take the moral stance, they should walk away from the game completely. And they should particularly never buy Sky Sports or BT Sport or never use the products of any advertisers or sponsors linked to them, as television money drives the wealth of modern football far more than gate receipts does.

That is a really sad read and once again the FA have done nothing. I really fear for Blackburn Rovers that the same article could be copied and pasted in a couple of years but with some names and dates changed.

That is a really sad read and once again the FA have done nothing. I really fear for Blackburn Rovers that the same article could be copied and pasted in a couple of years but with some names and dates changed.

Can I asked this simple question?

What can the FA, Premier League or Football League do about ####/poor owners when each club is a serprate business company(basically)?

We has a Country have invited Foriegn ownership of our business for years and some have turned out great and some very poor.

The Government and FA/PL/FL should have bought in fan ownership of our clubs years and years ago but hindsight is a such a wonderful thing.

The PL or FL or FA cannot stop a takeover happening or really object to it because they dont have a say in that company and owners will just do a Cellino and appeal in court and win the argument.

The PL is a global brand now and bring in alot of overseas foriegn money through TV rights and sponsorship.

At the end of the day, we all want Venkys gone but we have zero impact on them or their decisions cos they are in India where we cannot touch them one bit unless we protest in India which is very unrealistic to do cos of a number of factors.

I think A number of MP'S/Councilors are going over next year to try to get a meeting with the owners. I really hope it works

There are remarkable similarities in what has gone on at Ewood and those at Charlton and Coventry also Luton, remember them ?

I know a lot of what happened to Cov revolves around their stadium but it was still all kicked off by a bunch of chancers i bet.

Archived