BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Beautiful Game - Rotten To The Core

Gav

Can I asked this simple question?

What can the FA, Premier League or Football League do about ####/poor owners when each club is a serprate business company(basically)?

We has a Country have invited Foriegn ownership of our business for years and some have turned out great and some very poor.

The Government and FA/PL/FL should have bought in fan ownership of our clubs years and years ago but hindsight is a such a wonderful thing.

The PL or FL or FA cannot stop a takeover happening or really object to it because they dont have a say in that company and owners will just do a Cellino and appeal in court and win the argument.

The PL is a global brand now and bring in alot of overseas foriegn money through TV rights and sponsorship.

At the end of the day, we all want Venkys gone but we have zero impact on them or their decisions cos they are in India where we cannot touch them one bit unless we protest in India which is very unrealistic to do cos of a number of factors.

I think A number of MP'S/Councilors are going over next year to try to get a meeting with the owners. I really hope it works

The authorities have a Fit and Proper test for any prospective owners so maybe that needs to be made more stringent to prevent asset stripping which is what has (and still is) happening to clubs. One of the issues is lack of investment and I don't think that is one of the criteria on the test. For example the Rao Matriarch promised investment and that they would respect and protect the legacy of Jack Walker. Lies and more lies with no response from the supposed guardians of standards, the FA.

As for zero impact on them I believe that by spending nothing on my club that shortfall in cash has to be made up and hopefully they have to dig a little deeper. Also I would hate to think that my money was contributing to the likes of Chestons and Coyles salaries.

The authorities have a Fit and Proper test for any prospective owners so maybe that needs to be made more stringent to prevent asset stripping which is what has (and still is) happening to clubs. One of the issues is lack of investment and I don't think that is one of the criteria on the test. For example the Rao Matriarch promised investment and that they would respect and protect the legacy of Jack Walker. Lies and more lies with no response from the supposed guardians of standards, the FA.

As for zero impact on them I believe that by spending nothing on my club that shortfall in cash has to be made up and hopefully they have to dig a little deeper. Also I would hate to think that my money was contributing to the likes of Chestons and Coyles salaries.

Fit and proper test is pointless as they cannot stop a private company which football clubs are from being took over by a new owner. Cant think of one takeover that has been stop. The FA are powerless as they dont owned these clubs. Only stop from playing in the league which will never happen.

My season Ticket(and the people I go with) and the money from them doesnt even pay for Danny Graham daily wage.

12k season ticket holders have walked away and Venkys clearly dont give a toss about us.

What can the FA or PL do??

All clubs are invited to join in the leagues by way of a league share. This can be withdrawn.

The FA and PL will never withdraw this cos they will always maintain 92 clubs in the top 4 divisions.

Plus they would just appeal to the courts and the Fa/PL/FL wouldnt want to be challenge in courts

chaddy you are right in a way they are just a business at the end of the day, we have to pay for the product so we are just customers.

that is and always will be the problem, we don't see it as a business we see it as our club, if rovers where a supermarket or a hotel they would have been out of business long ago with the crap product and terrible customer service.

fan ownership or involvement would help but the horse has bolted. sad really.

Fit and proper test is pointless as they cannot stop a private company which football clubs are from being took over by a new owner. Cant think of one takeover that has been stop. The FA are powerless as they dont owned these clubs. Only stop from playing in the league which will never happen.

My season Ticket(and the people I go with) and the money from them doesnt even pay for Danny Graham daily wage.

12k season ticket holders have walked away and Venkys clearly dont give a toss about us.

Fit and Proper as it stands is futile. My point was to make it more difficult for errant owners if they don't fulfil their pledges.

You can spend your money however you see fit. My principles will not allow me to put money into something I wholeheartedly believe to be bordering on corruption.

chaddy you are right in a way they are just a business at the end of the day, we have to pay for the product so we are just customers.

that is and always will be the problem, we don't see it as a business we see it as our club, if rovers where a supermarket or a hotel they would have been out of business long ago with the crap product and terrible customer service.

Very true, the Government should have made each club give 25% of shares to the fans years ago

Fit and Proper as it stands is futile. My point was to make it more difficult for errant owners if they don't fulfil their pledges.

You can spend your money however you see fit. My principles will not allow me to put money into something I wholeheartedly believe to be bordering on corruption.

the Fit and proper test cannot stop any potential owner from buying a club.

how can the FA force any owners to do anything when the FA doesn't owned shares in the company(the club)??? any owner would appeal to the courts which would tell the FA that they cannot tell the private company(i.e. the club) what to do IMO

Very true, the Government should have made each club give 25% of shares to the fans years ago

how can the FA force any owners to do anything when the FA doesn't owned shares in the company(the club)??? any owner would appeal to the courts which would tell the FA that they cannot tell the private company(i.e. the club) what to do IMO

I'm fairly sure Hull were on the brink of being taken over by a Chinese group and then the move fell through because the Premier League said they wouldn't pass their ownership test.

They are now looking into buying Reading because the test is less stringent for Football League clubs than Premier League.

But nevertheless that is a recent example of a takeover that hasn't happened because the authorities didn't want it to. So they obviously can put a stop to it if they really want to.

I'm fairly sure Hull were on the brink of being taken over by a Chinese group and then the move fell through because the Premier League said they wouldn't pass their ownership test.

They are now looking into buying Reading because the test is less stringent for Football League clubs than Premier League.

But nevertheless that is a recent example of a takeover that hasn't happened because the authorities didn't want it to. So they obviously can put a stop to it if they really want to.

Hadnt heard any their fail move for Hull but if Reading do get to the PL are they going to block them from playing it?

Is Anybody taking over at Hull?

He was a fool, no question. Another example of the Wild West football industry that has been consumed by greed.

But should be in jail? Think your irrational hatred of a good manager for BRFC is clouding your judgement.

Bungs, corruption, taking money etc has got nothing to do with Sam being a good manager. We all know he is a good manager, but he should never have been in that situation to begin with.

Ultimately the FA (and the league) have the power to suspend or expel any club from their competitors which would pretty much render each club valueless. It would end up in court but it's pure conjecture to say what the court's would do. It needs to be tested.

But I'd hate to keep Gav from his Allardyce hate-in. I swear there are times when I honestly think you hate Big Sam more than Little Steve. Did he pinch one of your garden gnomes or something? :rolleyes:

So you support a manager taking bungs from agents? Under the table deals with fans/clubs money?

Have you nothing more than the above to offer on the subject?

No wonder the football clubs in the sh1t.

Bah humbug

Sam saved our necks after the Ince debacle. Of that there is no doubt. Firing him as they did was an act of gross stupidity, the price of which we are now and will be paying for the foreseeable future. Probably the worst single decision the Club has made in it's long history.

Having said that when I read his autobiography I came away with the strong impression that money was his God. But he's not on his own in modern day football is he ?

So you support a manager taking bungs from agents? Under the table deals with fans/clubs money?

Bah humbug

Hahahaha. The football club is in the @#/? because I don't hate big Sam! Brilliant that.

Just made Christmas Day for me, pal. :lol: All the best to you and yours mate. :xmas:

It is indeed a fantastic mystery to me. So if he is allowed to manage a Premiership club so soon, it presumably means he didn't do anything illegal, anything to really shake the faith in him being able to manage a team, or anything to even soil his public image that severely.........but so why was he fired from the England job then? Because he wasn't the right and proper perfect gentleman or something?

If so....what in the absolute bluest of blue hells? Everyone knows the FA are made up of a bunch of delusional morons, but that eclipses all limits of human stupidity I even thought were possible.

Bah humbug

How long are we going before we admit that we got big Sam wrong Gav? Embarrassing

How long are we going before we admit that we got big Sam wrong Gav? Embarrassing

Doesn't surprise anyone I'm sure that you got it the wrong way around again Jbizzle.....

Even king rat had more foresight than you, now that's embarrassing.

But the real issue is how he's managed to slip back into football with hardly a dissenting voice despite evidence that suggests he arranged 3rd party player ownership and takes bungs for players at every turn, as much money as he can get his grubby little hands on.

The mans an arseh0le like I told you all along.

I think we all suspect he was on the take and so are lots of other managers. One manger we once had who secured us a promotion on the past, was almost certainly on the take too. I was told about this, by a guy in the game at the time and he wasn't the sort, who you wind me up for the sake of it. I think the fans were happy with his success, so no questions were ever asked.

It is indeed a fantastic mystery to me. So if he is allowed to manage a Premiership club so soon, it presumably means he didn't do anything illegal, anything to really shake the faith in him being able to manage a team, or anything to even soil his public image that severely.........but so why was he fired from the England job then? Because he wasn't the right and proper perfect gentleman or something?

If so....what in the absolute bluest of blue hells? Everyone knows the FA are made up of a bunch of delusional morons, but that eclipses all limits of human stupidity I even thought were possible.

Essentially, he was sacked from bringing the game into disrepute. The FA have to preserve their squeaky clean image despite being one of the dodgiest and most corrupt organisations in the sport.

Archived