Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News Thread Attempt 394


Recommended Posts

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Northern Ireland is a province of the United Kingdom. The majority of its inhabitants are Protestants loyal to the crown and Britain. If the cowards in the IRA had been brave enough to confront the British army on the streets, instead of planting bombs and running away, or killing innocent civilians, they would have understood what "British rule" really meant.  

The reason Northern Ireland are apart of Britian is due to the British Invasion that began 800 years ago and majority in the north is Protestant because of the Plantations. When the Irish free state was formed that excluded the 6 counties created a huge problem as the Irish left in the north were isolated and basically oppressed by the unionists rule the British army went over to "help" but became apart of the problem.

Im sorry the IRA didn't fight the British army the way you or they would have liked they clearly didn't have the same resources n used different tactics.

currently the majority is unionists but after the last election and the uk forcing Northern Ireland out of the EU and Westminsters dismissal of their opinions Sinn Feins position has grown republicanism is higher than ever and if their was ever going to be a united ireland this could be one of the key influencing factors 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Northern Ireland is a province of the United Kingdom. The majority of its inhabitants are Protestants loyal to the crown and Britain. If the cowards in the IRA had been brave enough to confront the British army on the streets, instead of planting bombs and running away, or killing innocent civilians, they would have understood what "British rule" really meant.  

Put yourselves in their shoes though. Imagine if 'The North' joined Scotland in an independence campaign (we've both discussed this favourably) and the army that professes to protect you from conflict shoots 26 people in your street because some yobs 5 streets down throw pebbles.

Who would the scum be? Your own army killing it's own citizens, or the people trying to (even immorally) gain independence?

Answer: Both.

Anyway, my original point is that, as much as he was scum in his earlier life, at least McGuiness tried to amend his wrongs. The individual scumbags who murdered innocent Irish walk free and are hopefully wracked with the guilt that drove McGuiness to change his ways and unite an island torn in two.

Edited by Mike E
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

The individual scumbags who murdered innocent Irish walk free and are hopefully wracked with the guilt that drove McGuiness to change his ways and unite an island torn in two.

Naivety in it's purest form. Investigate former servicemen whilst lauding a 'commander' from a terrorist organisation ?

Grow up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

British soldiers were sent to NI to protect Catholics from attacks by the loyalist population. You don't know what you're talking about.  

Sending Paratroops into what should have been a police operation was only going to end one way.  If all you have is a hammer every problem becomes a nail. After Bloody Sunday  there was no going back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
26 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

Naivety in it's purest form. Investigate former servicemen whilst lauding a 'commander' from a terrorist organisation ?

Grow up.

So shooting unarmed citizens (several running away, or waving a white handkerchief, or helping those already shot) is acceptable and shouldn't be punished?

I haven't 'lauded' him at all! He's scum with a scum's past! But at the very least he has tried to atone for it, while our 'soldiers' killed the innocent people it was sworn to protect.

That's not naivety, it's acceptance that sometimes we ARE the bad guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get this, the bull gored the matador in the rear end in a bullfight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/bull-rams-11-inch-horn-matador-butt-bout-graphic-article-1.3004956

(graphic photos so the headline says)

What a primitive inhumane sport, it's 2017, are we going to still see this in 2050?

I understand there are bloodless versions of bullfighting, they still may get a little rough but if need be, it should be in that way.

Barcelona in Spain I believe voted some years ago, to not have bullfights anymore; so there are not that many places that still do it.

The poor bull and they shove those picards (?) into them, those sword-spear like things to bloody and weaken it.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Audax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, roverandout said:

No. Not at all. All im saying is there are sleeper cells amongst these syrian and afghan refugees

So the crime was committed by a syrian or aghani refugee or a migrant?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, otto man said:

Five people dead and all you're concerned about is political correctness? :blink: 

No he's just refuting the claim that it was committed by a refugee. By all accounts, I think it's more like to have been a home grown terrorist, much like in the case of the Lee Rigby killing.

What Roverandout has tried to do is immediately turn the tragedy into an opportunity to score some anti EU political points. This is incredibly distasteful so soon after such an event. Yet you've targeted the man who has refuted this act of dangerous assumption. Surprise surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would like to see the death penalty brought back for terrorism.

Generally it always tends to end up this way when I think sometimes capturing the protagonist alive would be of more use to the authorities. 

When you're enemy is people that actively who use suicide as a method of attack, I'm not sure the death sentence is much of a deterrent...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very sad News yesterday.

My thoughts are With all of you and especially the ones who have lost or are in danger of losing Close friends, relatives etc.

Please be aware that one of the largest terrorist attacks in recent time happened in Norway and by a Norwegian terrorist. Please do not let the racial debate and "fear" get in to you.

It is really important to take into consideration how much air time these happenings get in all kind of media platforms today compared to the bombing in 2003 in Atocha Renfe in Madrid for example.

In fact, there is less terrorism (People dying from terrorism) on European soil today than before 2000. In fact; Europe is in its most peaceful era ever.

Please keep perspective and let the doom mongers and right wing success With making everything negative and Dangerous.

 

We have to learn from history.....

 

Edited by alexanders
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Batman. said:

No he's just refuting the claim that it was committed by a refugee. By all accounts, I think it's more like to have been a home grown terrorist, much like in the case of the Lee Rigby killing.

What Roverandout has tried to do is immediately turn the tragedy into an opportunity to score some anti EU political points. This is incredibly distasteful so soon after such an event. Yet you've targeted the man who has refuted this act of dangerous assumption. Surprise surprise.

Targeted? And all you and Baz are doing is attempting to deflect from the fact, that once again a member of your favourite religion, has committed yet another atrocity.  Funny how you remain silent on the subject, until your left wing sensibilities are offended and that of course, is no suprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, otto man said:

Targeted? And all you and Baz are doing is attempting to deflect from the fact, that once again a member of your favourite religion, has committed yet another atrocity.  Funny how you remain silent on the subject, until your left wing sensibilities are offended and that of course, is no suprise.

You my friend are not worth the time of day, and are clearly easily swayed by the divisive techniques of such terrorist groups. You see this as an attack from Muslims? Or just from a terrorist group?

Impressively they've managed to sway you into creating a divide not only between yourself and Muslims,  but even you and left wing "native people." You're a sitting duck mate.

As I have said, to blame the attack on immigrants / refugees before knowing the facts is ridiculous. If you cannot see that, perhaps you should have a look at where your own particular prejudices lie...

Edited by Batman.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Very sad News yesterday.

My thoughts are With all of you and especially the ones who have lost or are in danger of losing Close friends, relatives etc.

Please be aware that one of the largest terrorist attacks in recent time happened in Norway and by a Norwegian terrorist. Please do not let the racial debate and "fear" get in to you.

It is really important to take into consideration how much air time these happenings get in all kind of media platforms today compared to the bombing in 2003 in Atocha Renfe in Madrid for example.

In fact, there is less terrorism (People dying from terrorism) on European soil today than before 2000. In fact; Europe is in its most peaceful era ever.

Please keep perspective and let the doom mongers and right wing success With making everything negative and Dangerous.

 

We have to learn from history.....

 

Incredibly well said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.