BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

On 2/4/2017 at 8:24 PM, had.e.nuff said:

think it was a different KEAN, Roy was spotted out side before the game don't think he will have been too impressed .

it was Roy he was in JW upper and left on 80 mins. We thought he was maybe watching Lenihan

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a bit of a regular at Ewood is Roy although obviously scouting. At one time not long ago i'd have been horrified to have him in charge but now i'd carry him to Rovers. Roy and Wes double act on the sidelines B)

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, looks like we got lucky. Nothing wrong with Al's eyesight.

Is the whole of the ball over the Whole of the line? Seen it from a couple of angles now and it's not conclusive. The lino and ref didn't give it so that'll do for me. Goodness knows we've been on the receiving end of plenty of decisions.

Desperate stuff from QPR posting that. Hope we stay up at their expense.

If I'm the 'dingle' you refer to Kiwi, let it be known my father had trials at the Rovers. My grandad lived in Branch Road and my parents had to reschedule their marriage because Rovers were at home. I've lived and breathed Rovers almost all my life till the shysters came in. Can understand the animosity. Playing into the governors' hands. Disunited we fall

Just now, davefarnworth said:

If I'm the 'dingle' you refer to Kiwi, let it be known my father had trials at the Rovers. My grandad lived in Branch Road and my parents had to reschedule their marriage because Rovers were at home. I've lived and breathed Rovers almost all my life till the shysters came in. Can understand the animosity. Playing into the governors' hands. Disunited we fall

C'mon Dave, surely he meant Coyle?

Jeez people are touchy!

Just now, Stuart said:

Is the whole of the ball over the Whole of the line? Seen it from a couple of angles now and it's not conclusive. The lino and ref didn't give it so that'll do for me. Goodness knows we've been on the receiving end of plenty of decisions.

Desperate stuff from QPR posting that. Hope we stay up at their expense.

Looks well over from that pic. You can clearly see the line in the background

Just now, roverandout said:

Looks well over from that pic. You can clearly see the line in the background

You can't see the important angle. Still desperate stuff. Hope that's the story of their season. Might make up for the Tevez incident(s) in the same goal.

Everybody wants the team to win and supports them, unfortunately the team is the here and now and the club is the past, present and future + history so IMO the team is secondary to the club. If what's best for the club is rover's to lose then you can justify your position. I never want rover's to lose a game but more importantly I never want rover's fans to lose the club. I think the problem is by rover's losing people think coyle will go ( and eventually would ) thus giving rover's a better chance of success and staying up so wanting them to lose is beneficial to the club, the same support as someone not wanting to lose in the hope it will turn around and we find form. Some are looking at it literally on a game to game basis whilst others are seeing the overall view. I had a point when I started, now I've confused myself, I just see every fan loves their club and everybody is trying to do what they think is best for its present and future. The term superfan is devicive as I'd argue the superfans are the ones who are trying to save the club by protesting. You could argue the superfans are the boycotters who sacrificed so much from a lifetime passion and a whole social life for what they believe is right or the superfans who go through thick and thin and support the lads. There all superfans , when did they become a negative thing

• Mike E unpinned this topic

I just cannot fathom why the league with the most money riding on it anywhere in the world doesn't have Hawkeye at every ground? It's 250K which is about 2.5 million Jason Lowe's.

£250k to decide if the ball crosses the line for a prize money of £100M+

No Brainer

16 hours ago, Stuart said:

Don't panic, Al. He was referring to Hasta's apology. No one expected you to apologise for telling Dave he isn't a proper fan.

Not sure what's wrong with you lately. You've really gone very very anti-protest.

I'm not anti protest at all. I just don't feel that I can take part due to my medical condition and it irritates me when I get criticised for it. I'm quite happy to take part in chants. 

49 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I just cannot fathom why the league with the most money riding on it anywhere in the world doesn't have Hawkeye at every ground? It's 250K which is about 2.5 million Jason Lowe's.

No Brainer

Why are we bothered about a opposition goal not being given if it had they would still not have sacked coyle.

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

No Brainer

Or the cheaper option , 2 additional goaline assistants, one at each end. Approx 700 quid per game extra costs in the Championship. Assisting the ref with penalty area and goal line decisions. watched some games live over here that used it, didnt interefere with play that much  and seemed to work well. Plus no 15,000 quid "licence fee" per install to the footall mafia FIFA

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry to be pedantic Stuart but the Tevez incident was against West Ham. There, I feel better now.

I'm glad you said that because I knew it was, Jim Devine being my cousin's husband, but began to doubt my own knowledge. I blame it on Venky's. 

Just now, gumboots said:

I'm glad you said that because I knew it was, Jim Devine being my cousin's husband, but began to doubt my own knowledge. I blame it on Venky's. 

You're such a name-dropper, Gumboots. :D

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry to be pedantic Stuart but the Tevez incident was against West Ham. There, I feel better now.

I know. I was talking more about football evening itself out.

I like to think even I would remember that Tevez played for Reading not QPR. :)

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

I came through the refereeing system with Jim and our promotions ran parallel in the early to mid nineties. We both used to work for ICI until he was made redundant and became a bobby. Give him my regards if you speak to him. There is enough information above for him to remember me.

Archived