BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to what should be another tight affair.  Don't expect any changes from Wednesday night with Emnes and Joao on the bench.  A must win game and hopefully we will nick it.  Wigan's defeat last night keeps things tight at the bottom with five clubs fighting it out to avoid the bottom three places.

19 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

wouldn't surprise me today if the crowd is quite abit bigger than normal  mau fans getting a history so they can get fa cup tickets.

Normally they pre date the database critera and don't include games between the draw and the tie. At least they used to when it was run correctly. Desperate times may see desperate measures i suppose.

Just now, tomphil said:

Normally they pre date the database critera and don't include games between the draw and the tie. At least they used to when it was run correctly. Desperate times may see desperate measures i suppose.

you also needed history of minimum 3 purchases.

pre database days it was 3 ticket stubs

new criteria is buy a pint from the away fan zone get on the database

2 of my group aren't bothering.

Should I bother or should I stay home and watch the racing on TV. 

I simply don't enjoy it anymore.  I've spent many years watching poor Rovers team lose regularly. However, when they are losing by design, and it's obvious that the club does not want itself to be successful, and senior employees of the club are deliberately making inflammatory comments which they know will rile the supporter base, why should I bother? 

Sorry just trying to guess todays attendance figure using the Mike Cheston analogy;

7000 rovers + 200 qpr + 4000 imaginary now missing season ticket holders + 20 Corporate people + Pasha + Senior + 600 people waiting in the toilets + the mascot + 22 players + 14 subs + 10 coaches = 11,869

13 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Strangely agree with Mercer and believe we will win this game. No logic behind that at all, just that we do win the odd one here and there. Plus I've never really liked QPR. No logical reasoning behind that either. Rovers 2 - QPR 0. Nothing logical about us keeping a clean sheet. Lowe to get both goals. Putting £17.87 on at 66/1. Pulling a few hundred sheets later tomorrow and will celebrate with a nice dry white and Scampi Fries. Eeeeiiiieeeiiieeeiiiiooooo....u

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Raya Nyambe Brown Lenihan Williams Mahoney Guthrie Mulgrew Bennett Gallagher Graham

Steele Greer Conway Lowe Evans Emnes Joao

going for 2-1 Rovers win

Close but I would NEVER have Feeney in my team. I do not agree that he is playing well. There is no direction to his crosses because he crosses with his head down instead of looking for a striker to cross to.  He hits a defender 9 times out of 10.

Emnes and Evans for Graham and Guthrie after 60 minutes only because they tend to tire. Also keep an eye on Brown and if he is tiring bring on Greer.

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

As in many other ways, I don't get you and you don't get me. It's not about being better than others. I like watching live sport. I'd like to be watching a team at Ewood that in any way resembled the team I've watched for 20 odd years. Apart from the fact there are 11 of them moving around the pitch in blue and white shirts I can't really see a resemblance. But I like going to games. I live in Clitheroe. I've gone to games on and off when I could ie I wasn't at a Rovers match home or away. Now I just go a bit more often, as and when I feel like it. I don't put myself out for it as I used to do for Rovers where fixtures went in the diary and everything else had to revolve around it. I just go and watch guys whose names I don't know play football in my town. My money matters to them. If they get 300 on its a decent crowd. I can have a drink whilst watching. It's a social occasion as there are always folks I know there. Would I exchange it for Rovers? Of course I would, but at the moment I can't see any enjoyment or pleasure at Ewood Park. I can't see what attending achieves. It puts me in a bad mood. Last season even if Rovers won, I found myself feeling gloomy.  I can watch Clitheroe because I don't actually care about them. It's nice when they win, but they are not my passion. Rovers are and I find I just can't watch them any more.

I don't think he was talking about people going to other matches. I think he was objecting to them coming on here and bragging about it and I for one agree with him.

Not really aimed at you Gumboots. I normally respect your posts and understand your stance.

What a friggin rush, had to call in work this morning and it dragged on!

Setting off shortly, not sure what our 'manager' will do today, the law of averages says he must get something right soon.

Must win game, sunny but chilly, ideal footy conditions, come on you super bluuuuuuues today!!!

Craig Conway replaces Derrick Williams.

Steele

Nyambe Greer Lenihan Mulgrew

Feeney Lowe Bennett CONWAY

Graham Gallagher

subs are

Hope Akpan, David Raya, Wes Brown, Danny Guthrie, Connor Mahoney, Lewis Joao, Marvin Emnes 

Yet again I had to look in this morning's paper to see who we're playing this afternoon.  I think [hope? pray?] we'll win by the odd goal in 3, 5, 7, maybe 9.

Even though I can't easily get to games these days, I never want Rovers to lose.  However, when I discovered who today's opponents were, the thought which crossed my mind was "How many more games do we have to lose before Coyle gets his P45?  Or will our incompetent owners keep him in place forever?"

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Craig Conway replaces Derrick Williams.

Steele

Nyambe Greer Lenihan Mulgrew

Feeney Lowe Bennett CONWAY

Graham Gallagher

subs are

Hope Akpan, David Raya, Wes Brown, Danny Guthrie, Connor Mahoney, Lewis Joao, Marvin Emnes 

What's he playing at now? Akpan and Guthrie on the bench but plays a winger in centre mid instead?

Archived