• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

16 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

For a number of years I've thought The Grauniad was going downhill. This just shows how that descent's gathering pace!

I had to look twice at the link to check that it wasn't from the April 1st edition.

I had to laugh at the part where the six fingered one boasted about his blag to ensure admission to both of this afternoon's fixtures - genius! The only line missing was the remark about it being his sister that has stopped him getting married..

My main question about the article though was, "how on earth does he fund such an extravagant (if completely pointless) lifestyle?"

No doubt we have our own versions of the story at our end of the M65 though ;)

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

No doubt we have our own versions of the story at our end of the M65 though ;)

The nearest I could come to that sad b'stard is that my better half couldn't believe that I'd booked 2 days' holiday to visit Trelleborg! Alone!!

To be fair, cracks had begun to appear in our relationship before then.

Only difference being nobody is bidding £12 for Brereton never mind £12m

Lukaku is a proven goalscorer at the highest level, to put them in the same sentence is crazy.

On 17/07/2019 at 20:56, speeeeeeedie said:

Off topic but how do you pronounce Pune? It's been bugging me for years.

Does the u sound like the o in loon and is one of;

Poo-na?

Poo-ne?

Poon?

Or does the u sound like the u in puny and is one of;

Puun

Puu-na?

Puu-ne?

I've always pronounced it Poo-na. I'm sure years ago on maps of the world it was spelled "Poonah". Spike Milligan referred to this place as well.

On 18/07/2019 at 14:42, AllRoverAsia said:

Feel free to ignore all of the above as this is posted by someone who pronounces London as Lundun or sometimes Lundon.

Southerners (Cockneys etc.) call it Landan

Up north we call it Lundun.

14 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Only difference being nobody is bidding £12 for Brereton never mind £12m

Lukaku is a proven goalscorer at the highest level, to put them in the same sentence is crazy.

I'm hoping that if they let Lukaku go they give greenwood a chance. This kid is the dog's bollocks. Be good for england if the likes of Brewster and greenwood get first team chances this season

Usual sensible Newcastle article :rolleyes:

‘It bestrides its city like few other clubs, its stadium dominating like a fortress on the hill, the focus of the Geordie nation’

‘a club that was once everyone's second favourite team’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7268389/amp/OLIVER-HOLT-truth-Steve-Bruce-good-Newcastle-not-way-round.html?__twitter_impression=true

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Usual sensible Newcastle article :rolleyes:

‘It bestrides its city like few other clubs, its stadium dominating like a fortress on the hill, the focus of the Geordie nation’

‘a club that was once everyone's second favourite team’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7268389/amp/OLIVER-HOLT-truth-Steve-Bruce-good-Newcastle-not-way-round.html?__twitter_impression=true

Fuckin sychophantic bollocks. Newcastle a massive club...in the eyes of the Geordies

Even mentions Bruce's Dad as the reason Bruce went there. No Bruce went because he's an unappreciative clown screwing a guy who gave him a month's bereavement leave. Chansiri should have told him to sod off as most people get nowhere near that. In Thailand it's probably even less. Bruce may or may not know that but in his mind he's Steve Bruce and he's special unlike those peasants. ?

While Bruce is average at best by PL standards he's not incompetent enough that relegation is a foregone conclusion. That's nonsense. Certainly Ashley has taken them down twice and there's no disputing that but it does not mean it's certain to happen this season. If a takeover was truly imminent then they wouldn't have appointed Bruce (unless the new owners have no ambition) and UEFA haven't made it easier. Ashley isn't as bad as they claim (not that there should be a league table for bad owners) but they should be directing some of their ire at UEFA as well. OK teams can sometimes scrape 4th and get into the Champions League (yeah that's fair UEFA letting teams who finish 4th into such tournaments) but you need a long term plan beyond just scraping 4th and building from there.

Edited by Vinjay17
Just now, roverandout said:

Newcastle just spent 40 million on a striker. I wonder what criticism Newcastle fans will now level at Ashley. The guy is clearly putting huge money into the club unlike our scummy owners

Tbf I read their net spend is only 32m

...in 12 years.

3m a year with 10 of them in the richest league in the world.

The fans are still fannies though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49121554

Assuming the car was extremely expensive this is exactly why I wouldn't spend ludicrous amounts. Expensive cars aren't just adverts for carjackers in the extreme case but vandalism too. I can't drive anyway and don't intend to own any car but it certainly wouldn't be one that is designed to show off. That attracts the wrong kind of attention. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Moderation Lead

Sounds a bit like victim blaming to me.

Person with lots of money buys expensive product, t’was ever thus.

Fair play to Kolasinac for defending them both though!

Edited by K-Hod
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Sounds a bit like victim blaming to me.

Person with lots of money buys expensive product, t’was ever thus.

Fair play to Kolasinac for defending them both though!

I'm just stating the indisputable that owning such extravagant vehicles can attract the wrong kind of attention. It's also indisputable that the main reason for owning such vehicles is to show off. Its not like people can (legally) carry handguns in this country to fend off such people. I guess you can attract attention if you're wealthy and people know about it but with such cars you would have to worry about constant vandalism. Moreso than owning mansions, etc though they attract attention as well and require high security.

A couple of people on Twitter claimed that Arsenal staged this. Not really sure what their theories were (PR stunt presumably or they closely followed the Jussie Smollett case) but there's nothing wildly theoretical in what I'm saying just the truth.

Edited by Vinjay17

Well he can always spin it as his own "investment in the growth of Chinese football". If he wants someone to match that though he should try the MLS. Why anyone of western background would want to go to China over America is beyond me. Thought people were saying he can't speak Spanish how the hell is he gonna handle Chinese?

1 million a week for how many years though and is that even including the signing on fee? Beckham had that reported 250 million for his MLS deal. There's being greedy and then there's stupid and even Beckham's not that stupid. Not to mention it gave him the rights for what's led to that Miami club.

Edited by Vinjay17

He’s only going for two weeks though.

Seriously though, how could any right-thinking footballer turn that down?

Don’t blame Bale, blame the game.