• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

It wasn't nope. Even after the 0-4 against Sunderland.

Well done to Olsson for still doing the business against Burnley 7 years on from his dive, also credit to Robbo for not getting near anything that came his way!

Just now, Phil T said:

Smashed it! Well done Martin.

How the hell did B*rnlah get that penalty, though? Vokes handballs it and the ref gives a pen...! Could've been so costly for Swansea.

No honesty or sportsmanship in Premier League football. Presumably too much at stake.

So I was extra specially delighted they lost after that.

Hope it's the start of a really bad run ending in relegation, change of ownership, mismanagement, joke managers and liquidation.

Not that I'm bitter, obviously.

Just now, Phil T said:

Just had a look at their message boards. Didn't realise they haven't won an away game all season, which is an amazing feat for a team sitting in 12th position and 9 points clear of relegation. 

Reading some of their message boards, you'd think Dyche was the antichrist. They're really not happy with his style of football! They don't know what they've got. Sounds vaguely familiar.

This was a great season to be promoted into The Premiership. Clubs are queuing up to be relegated !

47 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Just had a look at their message boards. Didn't realise they haven't won an away game all season, which is an amazing feat for a team sitting in 12th position and 9 points clear of relegation. 

Says a lot more about the state of the Premier League than Burnley, imo. A truly turgid state of affairs below 8th spot. 

Rooney really annoyed me yesterday. Ming's intended to stamp on zlatan as zlatan intended to elbow Ming's. I don't condone it but after the game both players played both incidents down and acted like men. Then Rooney slams Ming's for the stamp he "saw" when the replay clearly shows him looking the other way yet didn't see zlatans elbow when he crossed the ball and followed it's flight. 

Townsend's goal at wba was class and gomes in the Watford net has had a mare with Southamptons third and fourth goals

20 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Rooney really annoyed me yesterday. Ming's intended to stamp on zlatan as zlatan intended to elbow Ming's. I don't condone it but after the game both players played both incidents down and acted like men. Then Rooney slams Ming's for the stamp he "saw" when the replay clearly shows him looking the other way yet didn't see zlatans elbow when he crossed the ball and followed it's flight. 

Townsend's goal at wba was class and gomes in the Watford net has had a mare with Southamptons third and fourth goals

Totally agree about Rooney.  He is also a poor liar and I knew he did not  actually believe  a word he was saying.  Mings and Ibrawhatever are both being charged.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

N'Golo Kante is just ridiculous!

Better than Makelele? Definitely pushing him. Some of the sniping tackles and runs for tackles he does,I have never seen before. 

Take him out of that Chelsea team and they aren't 7 points clear in the league. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Not the Premier League but the Scottish Premiership. Not sure where to put this so here will have to do. Just come across a Hibs' fans rendition of Sunshine on Leith. Amazing support after their Scottish Cup win last season. Real hair on the neck stuff. Can't do a link on here so just key in to YouTube, "best rendition ever of Sunshine on Leith" and have a listen.

9 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Not the Premier League but the Scottish Premiership. Not sure where to put this so here will have to do. Just come across a Hibs' fans rendition of Sunshine on Leith. Amazing support after their Scottish Cup win last season. Real hair on the neck stuff. Can't do a link on here so just key in to YouTube, "best rendition ever of Sunshine on Leith" and have a listen.

I saw that live Mark and it was terrific. There was also a rousing rendition when they beat Hearts in a Scottish Cup replay a couple of weeks ago.

9 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

With his contract due to expire, arsenal in disarray and sat on a struggling Bournemouth teams bench how do you see lads future panning out

When he broke on to the scene at Arsenal I thought he would go on to big things. I remember when Arsenal played at home to Barca in a champions league game one year he absolutely ran the show. He broke into the England side and looked like he would be a top player, but a few bad injuries have really held him back over the last couple of seasons and it seemed at one point he was made of glass! I thought good on him for going to Bournemouth and looking for first team football this season which he has had a lot of but not done an awful lot in a struggling Bournemouth side as you say and has been on the bench a few times recently. I wouldn't give up on him just yet and I do think if he can stay fit for a full season he'd do well for a top 10 premier league side then maybe if he got back to his previous level he could move back to one of the big guns. The way he plays I do think he would be an ideal fit for Guardiola at City. Just have to see how it pans out for him! 

Burnley only 7 points off the drop now. They're certainly not safe yet, if we could manage to stay up and the dingles go down it would definitely have made this terrible season a bit more bearable! Think boro who can't score any goals and Sunderland who are absolutely terrible will definitely go down, just not sure who will fill the last spot. 

I can see Big Sam bringing him back to London. After that it depends if he can get some form back after his injuries. He would be a great signing for a team like that for a couple of seasons if he does. Maybe then he can get back to a top club. A couple more seasons at his current level of performance though and he could find himself in the Championship.

Jack Wilshere is without a doubt a talented player but i doubt we will ever end up playing a full season. He will end up somewhere like stoke playing a bit part role. Its a shame injuries and having a social life drinking and smoking has taken over from him being a top class england player

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

With his contract due to expire, arsenal in disarray and sat on a struggling Bournemouth teams bench how do you see lads future panning out

@#/? !

What's the point of this thread and why should any Rovers supporter care about one of the most over-rated players in the Premier League who has done nothing to warrant the hype surrounding his under-achieving career and who should never have been anywhere near an England squad never mind win a cap?