2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Should Liverpool be banned from entering the League Cup next year?

A quarter final of a domestic cup or participate in a glorified FIFA friendly tournament...

Should be banned from FA Cup too but they won't !

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

A quarter final of a domestic cup or participate in a glorified FIFA friendly tournament...

I think your hatred of Liverpool (I am not fond of them either!) Is affecting your judgement, the tournament is unfortunately haven for weakened sides, even Villa named one, and Liverpool as much as I dislike them shouldnt have been expected to play 2 games in 2 days in 2 continents.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I think your hatred of Liverpool (I am not fond of them either!) Is affecting your judgement, the tournament is unfortunately haven for weakened sides, even Villa named one, and Liverpool as much as I dislike them shouldnt have been expected to play 2 games in 2 days in 2 continents.

Well they won’t miss it then.

I don’t dislike Liverpool, just their glory-hunting fans but I don’t think that clubs should be able to pick and choose which competitions they take seriously. If City had done it I’d say the same. There is an insidious arrogance that is taking over the game right now and football is going to eat itself.

The irony is that most genuine Liverpool fans would probably rather go and watch a League Cup match than not watch a match played on another continent that they can’t get to.

I think your latest fad of pulling me up for every opinion is clouding your ability to be objective.

13 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

We all lost - and in a Turkey's voting for Christmas event, Burnley went Blue!

We are Blackburn Rovers

You are officlally now known as

Burnley Tories

Lop-sided team with lots of right wingers. 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Man U weren’t banned from the FA Cup a few years ago for doing similar though were they?

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Man U weren’t banned from the FA Cup a few years ago for doing similar though were they?

Correct and the thing is, United actually refused to participate, they withdrew from the tournament. Liverpool didnt withdraw, but ultimately the same players cannot play on 2 successive days in 2 different continents and it is a bit strange and harsh to even have the fixtures as they are. They had to prioritise 1 in terms of playing their best players, and whether we or their fans agree with the decision, they have chosen the one they have never won before and one that they usually arent eligible to enter. The Carabao Cup is a breeding ground for weakened sides anyway so there is no way with all the mitigating circumstances that they could be punished for naming a weakened team.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

They should have been kicked out for fielding an ineligible player previously. Got away with it because of who they are. Hampton and Richmond Borough would have been straight out of the FA Cup for the same thing.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

They should have been kicked out for fielding an ineligible player previously. Got away with it because of who they are. Hampton and Richmond Borough would have been straight out of the FA Cup for the same thing.

Who was the ineligible player? Must have completely missed that.

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Well they won’t miss it then.

I don’t dislike Liverpool, just their glory-hunting fans but I don’t think that clubs should be able to pick and choose which competitions they take seriously. If City had done it I’d say the same. There is an insidious arrogance that is taking over the game right now and football is going to eat itself.

The irony is that most genuine Liverpool fans would probably rather go and watch a League Cup match than not watch a match played on another continent that they can’t get to.

I think your latest fad of pulling me up for every opinion is clouding your ability to be objective.

Well you've been fooling me. Your body of work on here doesn't support that. You've been slating Liverpool for ages.

Anyway, Liverpool's stance is unfortunately a feature of the modern game at the top. It's much better for their bank balance and endorsement deals to be seen in Doha rather than Birmingham this week.

All those international fans will lap it up.

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

Hardly their fault though. If possible, the Villa game should have been rescheduled.  If anything Liverpool got on with it things without kicking up a stink. Remember when United got a by in the FA cup? 

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Did anyone else have the puke bucket within arms reach?

Liverpool were amazing! WTF? They got slaughtered by a 'Championship team' that played the whole 2nd half at walking pace.

PC culture man. They had to go easy on them or people would have slated them. Comical. 

Can you imagine if someone put 11 young punks out against our premier league winning side. Shearer would have scored 40 goals and Colin Hendry would have been responsible for 3 of their players shitting themselves  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

PC culture man. They had to go easy on them or people would have slated them. Comical. 

Can you imagine if someone put 11 young punks out against our premier league winning side. Shearer would have scored 40 goals and Colin Hendry would have been responsible for 3 of their players shitting themselves  

I would have payed handsomely to watch these young punks against our Premier League winning side

Line Up: Manager Joe Strummer

Backline :                          

John Mayer 

Rat Scabies   Glen Matlock  Tony James  Peter Hook

Mid(field) section:

Steve Diggle   (Captain) Sensible  Mick Jones   Steve Severin

Attack

John Lydon             Pete Shelley    

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hardly their fault though. If possible, the Villa game should have been rescheduled.  If anything Liverpool got on with it things without kicking up a stink. Remember when United got a by in the FA cup? 

Exactly, theres no way you can punish them for it. I think United withdrew totally from the tournament though.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly, theres no way you can punish them for it. I think United withdrew totally from the tournament though.

If I remember rightly ,their mates at the FA let them join in the next round and another team got a bye in the previous round , at least Liverpool put a team out

Edited by perthblue02
Just now, perthblue02 said:

If I remember rightly ,their mates at the FA let them join in the next round and another team got a bye in the previous round , at least Liverpool put a team out

No they didn't get to join in next round. Even FA aren't gonna go that far for United.

Voldemort providing studio analysis on Sky tonight.

2 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

No they didn't get to join in next round. Even FA aren't gonna go that far for United.

Voldemort providing studio analysis on Sky tonight.

Apologies to you and roversfan99 , just looked it up, the public face for the decision was helping Englands 2006 world cup bid, not United chasing a few extra quid :)

7 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

I would have payed handsomely to watch these young punks against our Premier League winning side

Line Up: Manager Joe Strummer

Backline :                          

John Mayer 

Rat Scabies   Glen Matlock  Tony James  Peter Hook

Mid(field) section:

Steve Diggle   (Captain) Sensible  Mick Jones   Steve Severin

Attack

John Lydon             Pete Shelley    

I wonder how many reading this thread will have never heard of half of those names?

?

9 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I wonder how many reading this thread will have never heard of half of those names?

?

Maybe swap Diggle for Stephen "The Human (Drum) Machine " Morris to keep the team ticking over at a very steady pace ..

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe swap Diggle for Stephen "The Human (Drum) Machine " Morris to keep the team ticking over at a very steady pace ..

Stephen Morris is the techie person, he will be collating all the performance stuff and producing stats. He likes that sort of thing

49 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Well I've never heard of John Mayer to be fair - and I'd have tried to find room for Mensie, Jake Burns and probably Jimmy Pursey as well

Jimmy Pursey and Mensie are on the terraces leading the Punk 11 ultras, winding up Stinky Turner and his Wet Spam 11

Edited by perthblue02