• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

Arteta appointed Arsenal head coach. 

Don't understand why they didn't go for Ancelotti or Benitez but I would imagine they wouldnt work under the behind the scenes structure in place there. 

The squad need 2 new centre backs, leader in midfield and a striker if either striker wants to leave as reports suggest

I think the Arsenal job is the wrong one to take. The squad had 4/5 years for the rot to set in under Wenger, who for all his early greatness lost it later on. After that the culture seemed engrained to the point where Emery (sp) a decent manager couldn't change it, so I'm not too sure Arteta can either. Even the double bounce of a caretaker manager (new and temporary) made no difference to them. A very risky move for Arteta imo. 

I think 5 million plus bonuses is more than he could get elsewhere right now. Fail and most will say "it was the board/wengers fault". Top 4 next season and he'll be a genius that can demand 8-12 mill plus a year at Arsenal or somewhere else.

No idea if it will be a good appointment for Arsenal but it is win-win for Arteta

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Arteta will have been taken-on for his inside scoop on the Pep way. Whether that works in practise will be another matter! Remember Brian Kidd?

There seem to be a number of big clubs willing to take a risk on relative newbies. Chelsea with Lampard. Rangers with Gerrard. And now Arsenal with Arteta. I can't imagine Benitez would have been something to inspire Arsenal supporters. Sometimes a roll of the dice is more exciting. Unless you're a Rovers fan.

Neither of these newbies are pulling any trees up , not sure Lampard would have got the job if they weren't in a transfer embargo.....Gerrard is 2nd in a 2 horse race !

Brave move by Arsenal cos they have deep rooted problems ! 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Arteta appointed Arsenal head coach. 

Don't understand why they didn't go for Ancelotti or Benitez but I would imagine they wouldnt work under the behind the scenes structure in place there. 

The squad need 2 new centre backs, leader in midfield and a striker if either striker wants to leave as reports suggest

Ancelotti or Benitez would be the worst possible choices for Arsenal. They need freshening up. They need their own identity. Arteta has been schooled by the best and I am sure he will become a top class manager himself.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

Ancelotti or Benitez would be the worst possible choices for Arsenal. They need freshening up. They need their own identity. Arteta has been schooled by the best and I am sure he will become a top class manager himself.

We have to disagree. 

They need experience manager in. 

14 hours ago, K-Hod said:

If Arsenal have appointed Arteta and Ancelotti has gone to Everton, anyone with a brain would have to say that’s a bad move for Arsenal.

Well some people with a brain have spoken up for Arteta.

Ancelotti has indeed joined. Sure Thenodrog will still be saying what a catastrophic error it was to sack Allardyce.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Vinjay said:

Well some people with a brain have spoken up for Arteta.

Ancelotti has indeed joined. Sure Thenodrog will still be saying what a catastrophic error it was to sack Allardyce.

I’m not saying he will be bad, but Ancelotti is one of the most successful managers in modern times. A really good appointment from Everton and IMO, a missed opportunity for Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

Technically no but you would think people might raise their game more.

The premier league is the most boring league in the main. It’s  all about who can bulk up and run fast with little skill. To many defensive coaches resulting in lower goals and a snooze fest.

Give me the championship any day.

3 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I truly, truly don't understand. Yes Everton are from a "big city" but they have extremely little in the way of achievements, accomplishments, respectability. Why is a Champions League winning manager joining them?

He’s pretty much end of the career at 11.5/13.5 million a year I read it makes him the 3rd highest paid in Europe.

9 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I truly, truly don't understand. Yes Everton are from a "big city" but they have extremely little in the way of achievements, accomplishments, respectability. Why is a Champions League winning manager joining them?

???

Everton a founding member of The Football League, has been absent from the top division for just 4 seasons and not since 1953-54.

The club has won the First Division 9 times, the FA Cup 5 times, and the UEFA  Cup Winners Cup once.

18 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I think you must have a bad dose of Premier League-itis. 116 years in the top division, 9 championships, 5 FA Cups and a Uefa cup - very little indeed.

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Everton are the aristocrats fallen on hard times, Liverpool the new boys on the block.