• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I wonder what Jeff is doing with his Saturdays.

And all the 'experts' who are on the Sky gravy train and other media outlets. Many of them are self employed.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I wonder what Jeff is doing with his Saturdays.

Chris Kamara is a guest for some rugby league game tonight, on Sky Sports. Sky are obviously panicking....

Edited by scotchrover
1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

You can give 30 days notice to quit Sky ,I cannot see any live Sport sport in UK before September...So what is the point ? 

Viasat have automatically reduced my monthly payment to reflect the lack of sport. Email sent to me to inform me - all this earlier in the week.

I have no idea if people were quitting or asking but it was an exceptionally quick and well thought out action to keep me as a customer (i hadn't even thought about it beforehand tbh)

Makes me laugh to hear the west ham chairwoman immediately saying the season should be null and void. She would say that with her club just hovering above the drop zone and well in the middle of a relegation fight with a many years past it manager. 

On 14/03/2020 at 09:08, OldEwoodBlue said:

The plan seems to be that the leagues will be cancelled as they are now.

Liverpool crowned Champions.

No relegation.

Leeds and West Brom promoted.

No play offs.

22 teams in the PL next season only.

No EFL cup to accomodate the additional matches.

5 teams to be relegated next season to bring it back to 20 teams.

The plan according to who? 

It’s not credible that only three teams benefit.

Champions League places aren’t decided.

If they don’t finish the season then it will have to be quashed and restart from scratch. The season that never was.

• 5 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle potential owners meeting the PL and see if they will pass the Director and Owners test. 

Plus I wouldn't be surprise if Benitez return as manager 

That gave me a great laugh. ?, Thanks for that Chaddy 

On 15/04/2020 at 23:11, chaddyrovers said:

Look like Newcastle United will have new owners shortly if current rumours are correct that Ashley is set to sell the Club. 

Great news for their fans. 

Only worse news it could be is if it was the Dingles.

On 16/04/2020 at 13:26, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle potential owners meeting the PL and see if they will pass the Director and Owners test. 

Plus I wouldn't be surprise if Benitez return as manager 

Isn't their potential owner the bloke who allegedly had a journalist murdered?

I mean, if this guy passes, literally anyone could.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea. 

I'm sure you do know, but just in case have a read of this; Saudi sovereign wealth fund - "sportswashing"?

Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund is supplying up to 80% of the cash needed to buy Newcastle. As it's so named the fund is owned by Saudi Arabia - an absolute monarchy headed by Mohammed-bin-Salman, MBS for short, who also happens to chair the fund. Said country is universally assumed to have murdered Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi national, by luring him to their embassy in Turkey, offing him, slicing him up, then dissolving his body parts in acid.

None of this will matter though to the Geordies when the new owners splash out on a new striker who bangs 20 goals in a season and get them into the top 10 and a cup semi final.

I'm no moralist, but this is how 21st century Britain is operating. Bankers making fat fees for legitimising iffy money. Property developers making out selling empty des res's to absent foreign owners wishing to park their cash where it can't be touched.