• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'm really not too sure, you know. Granted I've only watched Bundesliga during the lockdown, but the standard of everyone but Dortmund and Bayern has looked so poor. My adopted team, Hertha, have Boyata at the back - who was piss poor for Celtic and came into all sorts of criticism. Now he may have improved massively because he hasn't stood out as a 'bad' player, which I would find very worrying if he hasn't improved.

I know Belgium dont have loads of defenders but Boyata is a regular in the squad and was he that bad at Celtic? I dont think the League is that bad, its just behind La Liga and Serie A I would say, aside from them teams you mentioned, Leverkusen, Gladbach and of course Leipzig are also very good, Werner was instrumental when Leipzig knocked out and totally outclassed Spurs in the Champions League pre lockdown. He has scored goals not only in the Bundesliga but in the Champions League and internationally and is yet to peak.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What type of player is? 

A goalscorer who loves running in behind and is also good technically.

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Chelsea need one more player I reckon, they still miss Hazard. Timo will score goals but they've never replaced Hazard's creativity. Pedro is leaving too and he's a BIG outlet for them. Lampard needs to bring in somebody like a Jadon Sancho (maybe not him though as it seems unlikely he'll be heading to Chelsea).

If I was Lampard I'd be bidding on Jack Grealish. I think Kante holding, with Grealish and Mount ahead of him would be a nice midfield three. 

There's reports they're interested in Benraham and I really wouldn't blame them. A player destined to play Premier League football but also a player much better suited to football in that division than he is in the Championship.

Kante

Grealish         Mount

Benrahma    Werner    Hudson-Odoi

I think they'd do well with this^

Benrahma has done well in the Championship but its a massive ask to expect him to jump straight into Chelseas team. Ziyech and Pulisic are both superior options I would suggest. Sancho is better than them all but even if he was realistic they dont need another wide man I dont think with Ziyech, Pulisic, Hudson Odoi and Willian if he stays.

Grealish has mainly played on the left of the front 3 in a free role for Villa. Hes undoubtedly a good player but not sure he warrants anything close to the fees mentioned. Kovacic has been brilliant for Chelsea this season, so him and Kante should have places nailed down, then they have Mount, Jorginho, Loftus Cheek, Barkley etc for that remaining spot. 

If Abramovic does have more loose change in his pockets to spend, defensive reinforcement and specifically a left back is surely the thing they need rather than wingers and more attacking midfielders. Chilwell has been mentioned but hes had a really poor season and will be highly priced so maybe someone else.

Pedro has been finished for a couple of seasons too, wont be a loss.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Chelsea need one more player I reckon, they still miss Hazard. Timo will score goals but they've never replaced Hazard's creativity. Pedro is leaving too and he's a BIG outlet for them. Lampard needs to bring in somebody like a Jadon Sancho (maybe not him though as it seems unlikely he'll be heading to Chelsea).

If I was Lampard I'd be bidding on Jack Grealish. I think Kante holding, with Grealish and Mount ahead of him would be a nice midfield three. 

There's reports they're interested in Benraham and I really wouldn't blame them. A player destined to play Premier League football but also a player much better suited to football in that division than he is in the Championship.

Kante

Grealish         Mount

Benrahma    Werner    Hudson-Odoi

I think they'd do well with this^

I would say Werner will be used on the left with Abraham in the middle. 

Kante

Kovacic Mount

Ziyech Abraham Wener

This would be my choice. 

14 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Kante

Kovacic Mount

Ziyech Abraham Wener

This would be my choice. 

No way surely should they shift Werner to a more uncomfortable position to make way for an inferior player in Abraham, especially with natural wide men like Pulisic, Hudson Odoi and Willian all waiting in the wings. (Pardon the pun)

Abraham has had a very impressive season. Is he the man to lead a top 4 side with top tier aspirations. I would suggest not at this moment. Great to have around though.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm really not too sure, you know. Granted I've only watched Bundesliga during the lockdown, but the standard of everyone but Dortmund and Bayern has looked so poor. My adopted team, Hertha, have Boyata at the back - who was piss poor for Celtic and came into all sorts of criticism. Now he may have improved massively because he hasn't stood out as a 'bad' player, which I would find very worrying if he hasn't improved.

Rovers got Samba from Hertha reserves. He was a fantastic player.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I know Belgium dont have loads of defenders but Boyata is a regular in the squad and was he that bad at Celtic? I dont think the League is that bad, its just behind La Liga and Serie A I would say, aside from them teams you mentioned, Leverkusen, Gladbach and of course Leipzig are also very good, Werner was instrumental when Leipzig knocked out and totally outclassed Spurs in the Champions League pre lockdown. He has scored goals not only in the Bundesliga but in the Champions League and internationally and is yet to peak.

A goalscorer who loves running in behind and is also good technically.

I agree. Werner is a very good player. I rate Abraham too. He's a bit gangly but will improve. He's not in Werner's class but has scored a bag full this season (last season in the Championship too) and is a few years younger.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

One issue brought about VAR and GLT is that it's taken away the responsibility of match officials (particularly linesman) who seem reluctant to make decisions in the knowledge they have some technical backup. Pre technology I think the linesman would have seen the ball over the line but the trust they have in the technology for matters of fact is total. For something as crucial as this though I believe VAR should have intervened as they would have had complete evidence that the ball was over the line.

Interesting that the officials “trusted the watch tech” and didn’t refer to VAR.

I guarantee that if Liverpool players had approached the ref it would have been checked.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I guarantee that if Liverpool players had approached the ref it would have been checked.

Interesting emphasis on the word guarantee there Stuart (your emphasis at that). You've made your opinion on LFC's 'influence' very clear in the past, but that is all it is, an opinion. Not a guarantee.....

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pedro has been finished for a couple of seasons too, wont be a loss.

Couldn't disagree more. One of their best players this season. Still a huge creative force in that team and they'll sadly miss him.

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Can't see Werner playing anything other than through the middle, have never heard of him playing outside of that position at Leipzig.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Couldn't disagree more. One of their best players this season. Still a huge creative force in that team and they'll sadly miss him.

Just checked and hes only made 8 league starts with 1 further sub appearance this season, with a solitary goal and assist both coming in that Everton game prior to the lockdown.

A great player in his time but has never fully replicated his Barcelona form with Chelsea and seems to have particularly faded since Lampard came in and focused more on younger players and of course Willian.

Edited by roversfan99
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Just checked and hes only made 8 league starts

Again, when he plays though he still has a huge influence. They missed him a lot this season IMO and he spent some time injured. They didn't replace Hazard, didn't replace Pedro and they're about to lose Willian too! Werner is a great addition but it's fixing one of many issues they've got there.

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Again, when he plays though he still has a huge influence. They missed him a lot this season IMO and he spent some time injured. They didn't replace Hazard, didn't replace Pedro and they're about to lose Willian too! Werner is a great addition but it's fixing one of many issues they've got there.

I suppose Hazard is irreplacable. The other 2 are past their best now, they do have Pulisic who has had injuries in his first season but cost 60m, they have Ziyech who has cost over 40m, Hudson Odoi who again got an injury but has been capped for England, they should have more than enough in that front 3 now.

I'm interested in seeing how the play-offs (League 2 starts in a few minutes) go.

The 2 Premier league games played so far were nothing short of a disgrace in terms of competitiveness - they basically played out like a couple of glorified on the beach end of season friendly type games and no amount of fake video game style crowd noise could make up for that.

Incidentally, did anyone else find it funny how Arsenal sent out David Luiz to deflect from and take the blame for a thoroughly inept performance (even by friendly standards). So much for the 2020 Invincibles.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I've never been much of a fan of Pedro. He has spurts then disappears for games on end. The Arsenal version of Theo Walcott was like that too.

Barcelona are a bit like Rovers (you won't hear that very often) in that very few players who leave there go on to better things. Granted, Barcelona are the pinnacle of the game but when they sell a player they are either past it, or not good enough. If I was a chairman I wouldn't be interested in buying their players. They always try to get exorbitant fees too.

If Messi came on the Market every club in the land would want him, but he'd cost a fortune and doesn't have long left.

13 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've never been much of a fan of Pedro. He has spurts then disappears for games on end. The Arsenal version of Theo Walcott was like that too.

Barcelona are a bit like Rovers (you won't hear that very often) in that very few players who leave there go on to better things. Granted, Barcelona are the pinnacle of the game but when they sell a player they are either past it, or not good enough. If I was a chairman I wouldn't be interested in buying their players. They always try to get exorbitant fees too.

Of the top of my head you have Figo,  Ronaldo, Maradona, Neymar, Thiago, Eto'o and Toure. 

Pedro is a player I have always liked, in Guardiola's team his work rate and pressing incredible and he was a superb finisher. His CV is also quite something he really has won the lot.

22 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Of the top of my head you have Figo,  Ronaldo, Maradona, Neymar, Thiago, Eto'o and Toure. 

Pedro is a player I have always liked, in Guardiola's team his work rate and pressing incredible and he was a superb finisher. His CV is also quite something he really has won the lot.

You got me with a few of those.

I'll argue that Neymar is'nt what he was and although Eto'o did extremely well for Inter he didn't last long there. The same with original Ronaldo. He was never as good as when he was at Barcelona.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Keane's half time rant was superb.

Yep, was saying exactly what I was thinking. I think De Gea is so over rated it's untrue.

Then of course we had the other guy and the female anchor toeing the party line and saying he was being harsh etc.

Why do De Gea and other modern keepers reach over with their right arm to save a ball going to their left and vice versa? It takes far longer and you can't reach over as far as with your natural arm.

Not sure why Gary Neville was moaning about it being a poor first half. I thought it was a very entertaining first 45 mins.

Edited by RevidgeBlue