Personally, I think the whole Keane act is pathetic. 
It’s just clickbait punditry, gets him a gig and a nice salary somewhere like Sky Sports. It’s pathetic in reality though and he offers no insight into the game at all. 

He does a lot of good charity work with guide dogs though so I can appreciate him for that. 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

Personally, I think the whole Keane act is pathetic. 
It’s just clickbait punditry, gets him a gig and a nice salary somewhere like Sky Sports. It’s pathetic in reality though and he offers no insight into the game at all. 

He does a lot of good charity work with guide dogs though so I can appreciate him for that. 

He is turning into a bit of a caricature of himself but tonight I thought he was spot on.

The sort of thing most fans would say but most pundits won't for fear of upsetting someone.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He is turning into a bit of a caricature of himself but tonight I thought he was spot on.

The sort of thing most fans would say but most pundits won't for fear of upsetting someone.

Not sure “I’d be throwing punches” is spot on. 
De Gea and Maguire made mistakes, they’re both still good footballers, end of debate. 

It’s a bit of a curse United having all these pundits from their glory years, they just throw in digs all the time. 

Still, I love to see them lose, or miss out on CL etc.

Shocking 2nd half from Spurs. They just retreated into their shell hoping Man Ure wouldn't be good enough to break them down.

And they probably wouldn't have been but for an abysmal piece of play from Dyer.

Can't see Mourinho lasting long at Spuds. Not a happy or natural match at all imo.

A good game to watch. I almost forgot it was BCD.

John Moss, say no more except that hes lost more form than De Gea.

I've watched most of the PL games and the ball seems in play more, throw ins and freekicks taken quicker and less poncing about by players. It may be just an illusion.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Moderation Lead

To be honest, I think De Gea certainly was a very good goalkeeper in recent years. I can’t honestly remember many goalkeepers as good at saving with their feet as him. 
However, I tend to agree with the other assessments of his form more recently.

Honestly think he makes far too many mistakes these days. He’s not quite a liability, but ‘he’s got a clanger in him’ as the saying goes...

Just watched some of West Ham v Wolves. Borefest. The number of times players attempt to beat their opponents, but running back towards their own nets and not the ones they’re trying to score into, is unbelievable.

It’s a wonder any of them score, at times. Show any of them the top flight Boxing Day results from 1963 and they would think they were from basketball, not football.

Wolves just scored a great goal. Wide man attempts to beat a man down the wing, instead of stopping dead and passing the ball backwards. Beats his man, to the byline and puts in a perfect cross that the incoming forward can’t miss. How football used to be played.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

My oh my. Wide man, almost to byline, superb cross and a worldie from the Wolves man coming in at the back post. Someone tell these PL managers, that’s the way to play. Always causes problems but very few adopt it these days. 0-2.

West Ham are shee-ite with a capital ‘s.’

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

Traore is a great player but the fact he cant get a starting place in the Wolves team shows the strength of  the Prem and what we'd be up against with our squad if we ever got promoted back up to the Prem

6 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Traore is a great player but the fact he cant get a starting place in the Wolves team shows the strength of  the Prem and what we'd be up against with our squad if we ever got promoted back up to the Prem

No, we would be up against the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton, Burnley, Watford. Etc. So I think we would have a chance.

On 23/06/2016 at 13:08, BlueMonday said:

He's signed a 4 year deal so you'd have to say he's passing up on his last chance to move to one of the 'Big' Clubs.

Good on him.

Look at the table. At this moment in time Arsenal are not a big club. They are a club with a big history 

So if Liverpool win tonight am I right in thinking they will be crowned champions.

Be interesting to see if how the people and fans of Liverpool react. Can’t help thinking there will be a lot of negative headlines in tomorrow’s paper 

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So if Liverpool win tonight am I right in thinking they will be crowned champions.

Be interesting to see if how the people and fans of Liverpool react. Can’t help thinking there will be a lot of negative headlines in tomorrow’s paper 

Nah, they need one more win.

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No, one more win at least to go after today.

Man City had to lose midweek for them to take the title today.

I think it might be a draw today too.

Liverpool only won once in last 9 visits to Goodison. 

Suppose no home fans may factor in to that today though.