26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I find this staggering. No wonder the PL and clubs are desperate to get the tv money again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52924157

More disgusting news. Why is the tax payer bailing out any PL football club when they have been overextending themselves for years (as the all do in the new TV deal era)? No matter what Levy says, show me any truly “self-sustaining” PL club).

Debt is why clubs are in the trouble they are in... so let’s add some more debt! Then when it isn’t enough and they can’t pay it back they’ll be pleading to the government that the loan is going to put them out of business and agree a “1p in the £” deal.

I trust that the terms of such a deal will drastically, and I mean drastically, limit the amount they can then spend on transfers until it is paid back? At best, a loan should not be helping to keep Spurs competitive but solvent. If they are subsequently relegated, so be it. Nobody bailed out Bolton or Bury and they both had to make tough decisions at the edge of survival. Still they were unfashionable northern clubs, not Lahndan lavvies.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

More disgusting news. Why is the tax payer bailing out any PL football club when they have been overextending themselves for years (as the all do in the new TV deal era)? No matter what Levy says, show me any truly “self-sustaining” PL club).

Debt is why clubs are in the trouble they are in... so let’s add some more debt! Then when it isn’t enough and they can’t pay it back they’ll be pleading to the government that the loan is going to put them out of business and agree a “1p in the £” deal.

I trust that the terms of such a deal will drastically, and I mean drastically, limit the amount they can then spend on transfers until it is paid back? At best, a loan should not be helping to keep Spurs competitive but solvent. If they are subsequently relegated, so be it. Nobody bailed out Bolton or Bury and they both had to make tough decisions at the edge of survival. Still they were unfashionable northern clubs, not Lahndan lavvies.

Something is amiss here as they have an 'owner' in Joe Lewis who is worth $4.8 billion. I was staggered to read Daniel Levy is worth $1billion.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Something is amiss here as they have an 'owner' in Joe Lewis who is worth $4.8 billion. I was staggered to read Daniel Levy is worth $1billion.

Same as Branson.

The rich stay rich.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Lol. Good old PL.

2 x BBC game* and 1 x Amazon game. Games they very likely wouldn’t have been televised anyway.

Fans are at the very bottom of the list even for BCD.

I was talking at a safe distance to my CCTV service guy this morning. He's a diehard Man U fan as is his son. Both of them have only missed one home game all season. I asked him if he was missing not going to Old Trafford. He said " To be honest I haven't missed it a bit although my son has. My wife has been delighted that I've been doing things around the house instead of going to the football ".

• 2 weeks later...

Two matches tonight! One kicks off at 6pm and the other 8:15pm. Don't be fooled by the 4:30pm start time for the programme, they're doing a full hour and a half's worth of build up!

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Two matches tonight! One kicks off at 6pm and the other 8:15pm. Don't be fooled by the 4:30pm start time for the programme, they're doing a full hour and a half's worth of build up!

I'll miss the first game but I think second is Man City v Arsenal.

Having not watched any of the German footy that's been back on, I am curious to see what its going to be like in a BCD environment.

Anyway, I've got beer in the fridge, so feels like a good excuse to crack one open.

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Absolutely a goal. Keeper had ball in his hand but from side he took it into side net inside the goal. 

Where is VAR?

Goal line tech not switched on? Officials too brainwashed to question it.

Edited by AllRoverAsia