• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There has been no tempo to what I have seen of any game really. You remove the dynamic of having fans in attendance and its not the same. Chuck in players not being close to fitness and you create some shocking spectacles.

I agree with the lack of tempo and intensity. With one exception every game I have seen has had a real pre season friendly feel to it. I do understand though that it's sometimes the crowd that can help with the tempo but in some games the players just don't seen motivated. This will probably get worse as various situations are resolved.

Just now, arbitro said:

I agree with the lack of tempo and intensity. With one exception every game I have seen has had a real pre season friendly feel to it. I do understand though that it's sometimes the crowd that can help with the tempo but in some games the players just don't seen motivated. This will probably get worse as various situations are resolved.

Agreed, I dont know if its necessarily that the players arent motivated but that edge is really taken off without fans. The Merseyside derby was a perfect example, it was very difficult to stay fully concentrated because instead of a full house at a derby game where Liverpool could go to one game away from winning the title, it instead felt like a training exercise.

I was quite vocal in that I didnt really understand the excitement of the football returning as much as I love watching football. I felt that people were being naive to how much of a difference it would be without fans. My main worry was how important or therefore unimportant it would feel to win games knowing that there would be no one to see not only the individual wins but also the end result, the title win, the promotion, the relegation, all in front of absolutely no one. And that still stands. But the actual quality, intensity and tempo of the games has also dropped, losing that edge and that competitiveness.

One thing that I would say is that I suppose you also have to factor in the lack of fitness, to go into such a hectic schedule after 100+ days of no football with very little training time, and maybe a couple of friendlies max under the players belt is very difficult. That being said, once the players start getting up to speed the season will be ending! So it is like going through the motions.

You could also take a stand alone borefest like that Villa v Sheffield United game and suggest that, fans or no fans, you will get games like that from time to time, but it certainly was a game that summed up the rule rather than the exception.

I suspect that Sky and co are going to have a tough job promoting this "feast of football" if the games continue to be like watching paint dry, and I predict that it may be unavoidable.

• Moderation Lead
38 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

A Liverpool fan on facebook that i know was kicking off that Everton have nothing to play for and therefore should have basically just let Liverpool win.

"what are they fighting for 12th?"

Liverpool fans are just the worst.

Dyche has voiced his displeasured that Burnley board haven't extend contracts for 6 weeks of players out of contract this summer before the Man City game. very unlike Dyche. The Burnley bench has only 7 subs on and 5 out of the 7 haven't played for the 1st team before.

I wonder if Dyche will be looking to move clubs if their right club comes in for him. He was linked with Palace if Hodgson does leave.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche has voiced his displeasured that Burnley board haven't extend contracts for 6 weeks of players out of contract this summer before the Man City game. very unlike Dyche. The Burnley bench has only 7 subs on and 5 out of the 7 haven't played for the 1st team before.

I wonder if Dyche will be looking to move clubs if their right club comes in for him. He was linked with Palace if Hodgson does leave.

Dyche is clearly making a statement to the Burnley board with his selection. This might just be the beginning of the end.

I heard about the Dyche issue with Garlick about a month ago. The chairman understandably wanted to be guaranteed Premiership safety before handing out contracts.

Covid came along and the chairmen has eyes on the club being in existence never mind the futures of a few players. From speaking to mates who are Dingles, they remember the club being in trouble after the ITV digital debacle and they will 100% back the chairman and not Dyche.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Palace really be a step up?

Yes if you look at Squad quality. 

Do you think not? 

Just now, cesus said:

I heard about the Dyche issue with Garlick about a month ago. The chairman understandably wanted to be guaranteed Premiership safety before handing out contracts.

Covid came along and the chairmen has eyes on the club being in existence never mind the futures of a few players. From speaking to mates who are Dingles, they remember the club being in trouble after the ITV digital debacle and they will 100% back the chairman and not Dyche.

I remember the day Dingles announced him Some fans were texting in to BBC Lancashire saying they have got for the cheap option

7 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I can see West Ham being a good spot for Dyche,i cant see Moyes lasting much longer than the rest of the season there.

If they're sensible it would be a very good match, but they believe their own propaganda about being Cockney Barcelona too much. If they could swallow that and actually prioritise winning games then I could see him going well there.

They really are epitome of scum. White Lives matter they say, yet when 23 white people died on a Munich runway their Chairman could not find a word of sympathy instead choosing to continuously spew bile. The only thing that seems to matter to them is hatred.

Edited by Ewood Ace