41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes if you look at Squad quality. 

Do you think not? 

I remember the day Dingles announced him Some fans were texting in to BBC Lancashire saying they have got for the cheap option

I think Palace have a poor squad that have precious little attacking quality and are solely reliant on a massively overrated Zaha. They live on their organisation which of course comes from Hodgson. They dont spend much money either. If I was Dyche I wouldnt consider Palace a step up.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Absolutely disgusting from Burnley. Flying above the Etihad this evening

IMG-20200622-WA0019.jpg

Wow I mean wow. Just who on earth thought this was a smart move or the need to do this? Also who thought a football game was the place for this? 

Tbh I have heard and seen very little racism at football but this stuff suggests it's still lurking in the corners and shadows. Thankfully it seems such things are very much in a minority but it would be nice if fully eradicated. 

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Wow I mean wow. Just who on earth thought this was a smart move or the need to do this? Also who thought a football game was the place for this? 

Tbh I have heard and seen very little racism at football but this stuff suggests it's still lurking in the corners and shadows. Thankfully it seems such things are very much in a minority but it would be nice if fully eradicated. 

Not so sure it’s a small minority either. There are more than some people think.

Just now, den said:

Not so sure it’s a small minority either. There are more than some people think.

Quite possibly. We tend to sit in the same area these days and I don't really go to away games any more since family health problems, so it perhaps it's not the broadest spectrum of support that I have been exposed to. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Quite possibly. We tend to sit in the same area these days and I don't really go to away games any more since family health problems, so it perhaps it's not the broadest spectrum of support that I have been exposed to. 

To be honest I was talking more about society in general than just football.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Palace have a poor squad that have precious little attacking quality and are solely reliant on a massively overrated Zaha. They live on their organisation which of course comes from Hodgson. They dont spend much money either. If I was Dyche I wouldnt consider Palace a step up.

Dyche is about Organisation aswell. Palace have a mid table squad and that's where they should be. 

I think Milivojevic is a quality defensive midfielder and Ayew is a quality striker. 

No Palace dont spent loads but have very decent squad. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Speaking to a Palace fan this evening who mentioned Dyche as a strong contender for them once Hodgson retires (soon). I think Dyche would be a good fit there, although as others have pointed out he might not see it as much of a step up (if at all). Anyway, as they say though, no smoke without fire..

As for the plane stunt, jeez there are some knuckle dragging cretins around...

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche is about Organisation aswell. Palace have a mid table squad and that's where they should be. 

I think Milivojevic is a quality defensive midfielder and Ayew is a quality striker. 

No Palace dont spent loads but have very decent squad. 

Is there squad any better than Burnley for Dyche to leave one to go to another? 

Let's look at the incredibly unlikely event of us being promoted, and watching City tonight. Bastards are all but safe, and got hammered. The Rao's would pocket the money, surely. They need a return? Feed us to the wolves (not the club obviously), and see how far we really are from any form of normality, in all senses of the word.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Is there squad any better than Burnley for Dyche to leave one to go to another? 

I would Palace's squad is slightly better than Burnley. But it's more comments pre match that is more concerning and seems to be rift between him and the board. 

Where would Burnley go after Dyche if he did leave? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would Palace's squad is slightly better than Burnley. But it's more comments pre match that is more concerning and seems to be rift between him and the board. 

Where would Burnley go after Dyche if he did leave? 

Keano with a bit of luck. On a more serious note maybe the guy at Wigan, he's just their style.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Absolutely disgusting from Burnley. Flying above the Etihad this evening

IMG-20200622-WA0019.jpg

They’ve found out who it is, he’s subsequently deleted his Facebook. But there was all sorts of rubbish on there that could incriminate him.

(Not just for the plane stunt, I may add).

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche has voiced his displeasured that Burnley board haven't extend contracts for 6 weeks of players out of contract this summer before the Man City game. very unlike Dyche. The Burnley bench has only 7 subs on and 5 out of the 7 haven't played for the 1st team before.

I wonder if Dyche will be looking to move clubs if their right club comes in for him. He was linked with Palace if Hodgson does leave.

You have to ask yourself why Dyche bothers hanging around there really. He's certainly at the threshold now - in many ways similar to Allardyce was by 2006-07 at Bolton. He can hang around for another 4-5 years, survive in the bottom half every year deploying dreadful football whilst achieving his remit of keeping them up and getting very well paid to do it. But really if he's ambitious he'll want more than that. He'll want a club and project where he is going to be backed where there is more potential and a chance to actually try to win things or at least enhance his reputation somewhere more prominent.

That may mean relinquishing some control that he has at Burnley, or taking a leap into the unknown, or taking on a club or squad in disarray and sorting it out. But that's the only way he's going to get that next step up. Gone are the days of popular British managers getting the big jobs like Moyes to United, Hughes to City, and even the likes of Newcastle and Everton will soon be out of reach with rich owners going foreign. That leaves the mid range clubs like Palace, West Ham and Southampton as the best sort of thing he can hope for. And as daft as it might sound the longer he waits and he gets into his 50s without pushing on further then he'll become even less attractive to those club.

If not then he will just be another footnote in the history of the Premier League - bloke who did a good job at a small club on limited resources but never went on to do it elsewhere. 

Palace aren't a big club and aren't currently that much better than Burnley squad wise but they do have more potential, money and prospects. If they stay up they can expect to be getting 30,000+ a week once their new stand is built. Beyond that they'll have the whole London centric stuff in their favour. I'm certain he would take it if offered.

Just now, Stonesrick said:

I think If Villa get relegated then Dean Smith is a goner after spending 100 million on mediocre players. Dyche would jump at the chance.

True, though expect them to give Smith the start of next season and only get shut if they aren't in the promotion mix. Plus they've got the foreign owners there now who would possibly go down the sexy foreign coach route or give it to super John Terry.

How do Villa decide which players to sign considering that they have a director of football and Dean Smith is only head coach? Does Smith have final say on signings or just a voice in like transfer committee to decide who they sign? 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Villas recruitment has been appalling, if they have a transfer committee or whatever they need to knock it on the head.

Villa have some decent players but a serious lack of game plan. They also concede at the drop of a hat, even when controlling games.

13 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Villa have some decent players but a serious lack of game plan. They also concede at the drop of a hat, even when controlling games.

Their best players are obviously Grealish and McGinn who they had last year and Mings whose loan was made permanent. Some of their signings this year, Engels, Konsa, Samatta, Wesley, Luiz, Jota, Nakamba etc, havent really improved them much.