8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve not got his number sadly mate. 
But, I do have the phone number of a few Burnley fans and they won’t be that sad to see him go....

Deeply average in my book. I wouldn't be jumping up and down if we signed him. If he's a key player for Dyche it says a lot about their style of football.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

Another defeat for Norwich. I have enjoyed watching them this season but trying to play pretty football with limited players is an easy way to get relegated.

Villa and Brighton scraped another point which doesn't help Bournemouth. They look like they are in real trouble. West Ham look lost too. Will Watford be able to string a few wins together? They looked decent against Leicester.

At the top the title will be sealed tomorrow is City can't beat Chelsea. Although I can't see that happening, it will only mean that the inevitable will have to wait until Liverpool's next win.

Liverpool were excellent today. They didn't give Palace a kick. As soon as the title is wrapped up Klopp can move on to next season. He is going to be have one long preseason. He'll be delighted. He gets to use 5 subs each game all under real match conditions. Squad players will get a chance to impress.

Man U easily swept aside Sheffield Utd. Martial had one of those days where he played like Thierry Henry. They don't happen often enough for a player who cost what he did.

I also agree on the Dyche comments. He knows that they are safe so is playing games with the board to see if he can get what he wants.

Sean Dyche is considering leaving Burnley at the end of the season due to the deterioration in his relationship with chairman Mike Garlick, which other senior figures at the club fear is fractured beyond repair. 

The Burnley manager has been frustrated by the club's failure to agree contract extensions for several senior players this summer, as revealed by Sportsmail last month, and become further disillusioned in recent days after being told there will be little money for new signings when the transfer window opens next month.

Plus Lee Johnson and Mark Hughes possible choices to replace Dyche if he does go. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
1 hour ago, rigger said:

It will be ironic if the title is won and the winning team aren’t even playing.

Equally ironic that a result at Stamford Bridge could make a team Premier League champions for the first time in their history.

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur gave Leicester City the title back in 2015/16.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was watching one of the PL games yesterday and so bored with the play that I downloaded one of the Big Match Revisited programmes that ITV 4 are showing. The main game was Fulham v Notts County from 1976. The pitch was crap, goalkeepers didn't have gloves, could pick back passes up, no histrionics from the players and lots of skilful, honest endeavour. The was no panel of 'experts' in the studio pontificating over every move, no co commentators or summarisers giving us the benefit of their expertise. And the entertainment was hugely better than the sanistised, over-hyped football we see now where defenders and goalkeepers have more touches of the ball than midfielders and forwards. The sideways and backwards passing bores me rigid. Some of the younger posters might see this as the ramblings of an old git but I'm sure fans who lived through that era can both relate and agree to what I mean.

Yes but were they wearing advertising shirts, beach shorts and rainbow coloured boots ? Todays kit tries to make up for the excitement missing in the game and fails miserably. i haven't watched any football in the lockdown apart from the Rovers highlights and what little bits turn up on the TV news. My blood pressure is feeling the benefit of it.

If you watch Rovers highlights from a similar period you'll see more goalmouth action in that 5 minutes than in the whole of most games today. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes but were they wearing advertising shirts, beach shorts and rainbow coloured boots ? Todays kit tries to make up for the excitement missing in the game and fails miserably. i haven't watched any football in the lockdown apart from the Rovers highlights and what little bits turn up on the TV news. My blood pressure is feeling the benefit of it.

Another marked difference was only one substitute as opposed to the crowd they currently have (11 I think).

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sean Dyche is considering leaving Burnley at the end of the season due to the deterioration in his relationship with chairman Mike Garlick, which other senior figures at the club fear is fractured beyond repair. 

The Burnley manager has been frustrated by the club's failure to agree contract extensions for several senior players this summer, as revealed by Sportsmail last month, and become further disillusioned in recent days after being told there will be little money for new signings when the transfer window opens next month.

Plus Lee Johnson and Mark Hughes possible choices to replace Dyche if he does go. 

If this is true and from what here from people it could be , the only man is Big Sam ..

Dyche leaving would automatically put them in a relegation scrap !

18 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

If this is true and from what here from people it could be , the only man is Big Sam ..

Hope they get Lee Johnson or Paul Cook. 

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Owen Coyle, Brian Laws? Both have unfinished business there ??.

Now that would be funny and Coyle in particular would massively surpass our idiotic appointment of him.

Interesting dynamic to the Chelsea City game tonight; Liverpool have the title sewn up and there will be some city fans that would prefer that it gets sealed tonight rather than at the Ethiad next week 

Which is more humiliating for City, a potential guard of honour or Liverpool celebrating the title win at their ground?

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interesting dynamic to the Chelsea City game tonight; Liverpool have the title sewn up and there will be some city fans that would prefer that it gets sealed tonight rather than at the Ethiad next week 

Which is more humiliating for City, a potential guard of honour or Liverpool celebrating the title win at their ground?

I would think City will want to win tonight and beat Liverpool. That way they can avoid both scenarios. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As I say that we have a goal.

Typical Burnley game. Dreadful to watch, looks like they'll do well to hang on for a point as Watford start to look dangerous, then they go and score with their first slight chance and win the game through it.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

This Burnley Watford game has been another borefest.

What do you expect from Dyche's Burnley team? Every game they play is borefest. What was you expecting from Dyche team? 

Didnt watch the Burnley Watford game. Southampton Arsenal game. Not bad but not exciting enough

Edited by chaddyrovers
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do you expect from Dyche's Burnley team? Every game they play is briefest. What was you expecting from Dyche team? 

Didnt watch the Burnley Watford game. Southampton Arsenal game. Not bad but not exciting enough

I quite like brie too ????.

Weird game but an entertaining one

Bitter as I may be I’m glad Liverpool’s title* win is coming in the most anti climatic way possible 

Edited by Tom
4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Weird game but an entertaining one

Bitter as I may be I’m glad Liverpool’s title* win is coming in the most anti climatic way possible 

Can’t help but agree. Think I’ll leave Facebook alone for a little while after tonight though too!