• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Come off it. You've been on here all season trying to find reasons why Liverpool shouldn't win the league.

You have consistently missed the obvious; they were the best team in the Prem this season by a country mile.

They are a very solid outfit. Confidence starts from the back and Alisson and van Dijk have it in spades. Their front 3 is as good as has been in Europe since Messi/Neymar/Suarez.

Add Klopp to that and you have the potential for a lot of success. It's no surprise that he gets the best out of those who play for him. His interview on Sky Sports tonight was brilliant.. His deference to Dalglish, Souness, and Thompson was genuine and made for great TV.

City are another very good side who will come close to winning the mini Champs League in August, but they couldn't live with Liverpool this season.

Whatever 2020-21 looks like as far as a spectacle goes (hopefully fans in grounds sooner rather than later) it won't be easy for Liverpool to repeat. City will improve - they'll buy a left back. Chelsea with Werner up front will be better. Unfortunately Man U look to be improving too. Solskjaer's signing of Fernandes has changed them as a team. Because of him I think that they can now sell Pogba and not have to listen to the social media driven uproar. 

There’s no doubt they benefited hugely from VAR, particularly at the beginning of the season.

City, Liverpool’s only really challengers despite all of the money supposedly in that division, we’re dealt far more negative decisions and that undermined their season.

Let’s see how they get on when they aren’t helped out.

But at least we can be sure of one thing, all the closet reds are out in force. Arrivistes!!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

There’s no doubt they benefited hugely from VAR, particularly at the beginning of the season.

City, Liverpool’s only really challengers despite all of the money supposedly in that division, we’re dealt far more negative decisions and that undermined their season.

But at least we can be sure of one thing, all the closet reds are out in force. Arrivistes!!

Here we go again, you're like a stuck record Stuart. Actually there is a doubt. Just because that is the way you remember things due to your very obvious in-built bias against Liverpool doesn't make it a fact. The actual facts are the opposite of what you think they are (as posted by RoverDom, a couple of posts ago, and which you have chosen to completely ignore). Show us your evidence.

Why can you not just concede that Liverpool thoroughly deserved to win the league this season and applaud them for it? You're actually embarrassing yourself with this constant assertion that Liverpool are only 20+ points ahead of a brilliant Man City team because of a VAR conspiracy.

There's no denying that the presence of ex Liverpool players and managers gets a bit nauseating at times, but that's another matter. The 'big' clubs have always got the 'rub of the green', it isn't just Liverpool.

They are champions on merit, and even a blind man on a galloping horse can see that. Your blinkered view of this undermines the credibility of any other football-related views you hold, to be honest.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mission accomplished for Project Restart.

Let the hype begin.

By the way they deserve it having been the best team by a country mile. All the East Lancashire pseudo scousers can finally dispense with the Candy sponsored shirts and buy a new one. Mike Ashley will be rubbing his hands.

He already is Tony. Within a minute of the final whistle at Stamford Bridge Sports Direct were advertising 'special' Liverpool Champions shirts........

10 hours ago, davulsukur said:

De Bruyne is unreal, he must have shown his potential whilst at the club. A crazy decision letting him leave.

It must be a proper kick in the nuts for Chelsea fans seeing those 2 run riot every week.

I'm not sure his attitude was all it could have been in his Chelsea days. He seemed to play for himself most of the time. 

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

As oldjamfan told you; read RoverDom's article.

There was no conspiracy to hand Liverpool the league. They were the best team.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

We will all always wonder... would Liverpool have won it if they hadn’t had such a huge benefit from VAR, with key moments going their way at key times during the season.

The number of times they had decisions which weren’t referred was quite telling.

Bring on the BCD version of football so we can switch off the TV.

You will always wonder while the rest of us can see Liverpool were easily the best team in the Prem this season with or without the VAR decisions.

17 hours ago, Tom said:

I still find it bonkers that Chelsea had De Bruyne and Salah and didn’t utilise them then let them go!

They were both there while Mourinho was manager and were sent off on loan deals to european clubs,i dont think they ever got a real chance to prove themselves there.

Devalued for me. They didn't have any tension or pressure from the crowd to get through, don't forget we nearly threw away a huge lead at the top due to pressure.

I am not saying they didn't deserve it or they would have thrown it away, they were given it on a silver platter by the spineless virtue signalling Premier League.

2 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Devalued for me. They didn't have any tension or pressure from the crowd to get through, don't forget we nearly threw away a huge lead at the top due to pressure.

I am not saying they didn't deserve it or they would have thrown it away, they were given it on a silver platter by the spineless virtue signalling Premier League.

How were they "given it " ?

11 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Here we go again, you're like a stuck record Stuart. Actually there is a doubt. Just because that is the way you remember things due to your very obvious in-built bias against Liverpool doesn't make it a fact. The actual facts are the opposite of what you think they are (as posted by RoverDom, a couple of posts ago, and which you have chosen to completely ignore). Show us your evidence.

Why can you not just concede that Liverpool thoroughly deserved to win the league this season and applaud them for it? You're actually embarrassing yourself with this constant assertion that Liverpool are only 20+ points ahead of a brilliant Man City team because of a VAR conspiracy.

There's no denying that the presence of ex Liverpool players and managers gets a bit nauseating at times, but that's another matter. The 'big' clubs have always got the 'rub of the green', it isn't just Liverpool.

They are champions on merit, and even a blind man on a galloping horse can see that. Your blinkered view of this undermines the credibility of any other football-related views you hold, to be honest.

They’ve had help. It’s been discussed before and I’ve highlighted the incidents (e.g. clear and obvious non-referrals that don’t make it into the stats) in the games that they happened - feel free to dig back - which is why people (oh so charmingly) say things like “a stuck record”.

Once they got away from City there was no looking back and they certainly capitalised on the breaks they got. But there no denying they got them.

In any case, it’s been about the worst PL season in living memory, and not just because of VAR or COVID.

Nice of you to make your posts so full of personal jibes though, Andy. That says more about you than me so I don’t need to respond in kind.

Just now, Stuart said:

They’ve had help. It’s been discussed before and I’ve highlighted the incidents (e.g. clear and obvious non-referrals that don’t make it into the stats) in the games that they happened - feel free to dig back - which is why people (oh so charmingly) say things like “a stuck record”.

Once they got away from City there was no looking back and they certainly capitalised on the breaks they got. But there no denying they got them.

In any case, it’s been about the worst PL season in living memory, and not just because of VAR or COVID.

Nice of you to make your posts so full of personal jibes though, Andy. That says more about you than me so I don’t need to respond in kind.

So as a straightforward question, all things considered, would you say that they have deserved the title or that they havent?

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So as a straightforward question, all things considered, would you say that they have deserved the title or that they havent?

It’s not a straightforward question.

All things considered, no.

But they’ve played some great football, rode the momentum and finished winners by a huge margin. Klopp is also a fantastic manager who has built a good spirit.

They deserve it as much as Celtic have deserved to win the SPL and Bayern winning the Bundesliga. Very few contenders and the main one was given a handicap.

Let’s see if they win it next season. That will be a bigger achievement and not just another freak win like Leicester.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

But they’ve played some great football, rode the momentum and finished winners by a huge margin. Klopp is also a fantastic manager who has built a good spirit.

They deserve it as much as Celtic have deserved to win the SPL and Bayern winning the Bundesliga. Very few contenders and the main one was given a handicap.

Let’s see if they win it next season. That will be a bigger achievement and not just another freak win like Leicester.

Its obviously not a freak win because they finished on 98 points was it last season (and won the Champions League) so a comparison to Leicester who narrowly avoided relegation the season before and came 12th the season after.

Fair play for the praise, I hate them too but I personally dont see anyway how you can even begin to downplay or doubt their achievement. Agreed that successive titles makes a good team great too.

Just now, Stuart said:

Seriously … im really hoping you've been drinking Stuart . Of course they deserved to win it ..and if it hadn't been for the new fangled winter break could possibly have won it before Covid 19. They've finished top ..by a massive 8 wins plus ..I think that warrants a deserving Title .

“If it hadn’t been for COVID-19”. Why is that somehow valid, yet my view isn’t?

If it hadn’t been for the misuse of VAR, the title race might have still been alive.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“If it hadn’t been for COVID-19”. Why is that somehow valid, yet my view isn’t?

If it hadn’t been for the misuse of VAR, the title race might have still been alive.

Stuart .please ..stop now.