• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12145319/chelsea-fans-slam-clubs-ticket-plans-for-return-of-fans-to-stamford-bridge-against-leeds-and-krasnodar

Chelsea are charging 80% of the 2000 fans who will be admitted to the Leeds game £75, yes £75.

Scandalous.

Opportunity for Waggott... Rovers tickets need “only” be half that.

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Opportunity for Waggott... Rovers tickets need “only” be half that.

Hopefully we will go from Tier 3 to 10,000 allowed in. 

Anything else will make the 1960 Cup Final tickets fiasco look like a storm in a teacup with social media whipping it up whatever the ticket allocation.

13 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12145319/chelsea-fans-slam-clubs-ticket-plans-for-return-of-fans-to-stamford-bridge-against-leeds-and-krasnodar

Chelsea are charging 80% of the 2000 fans who will be admitted to the Leeds game £75, yes £75.

Scandalous.

Disgusting, but fans really shouldn't expect anything else anymore. Football clubs are shameless, especially in the Prem. 

Are these prices on top of what the Season Ticket holders have already paid i.e. if you've got a ST do you also have to go into a ballot and pay an additional £75? That's the bit I don't get. Unless of course Chelsea never put ST's on sale this season? 

20 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Disgusting, but fans really shouldn't expect anything else anymore. Football clubs are shameless, especially in the Prem. 

Are these prices on top of what the Season Ticket holders have already paid i.e. if you've got a ST do you also have to go into a ballot and pay an additional £75? That's the bit I don't get. Unless of course Chelsea never put ST's on sale this season? 

I don't know for certain but I suspect you are correct in your assertion that they haven't sold any yet. There is also mention of a ballot which almost certainly precludes families and friends who normally go together. It's going to be a real bun fight for supporters of clubs who are being allowed in to get a ticket and if it's not done fairly there is a risk of alienating long standing supporters.

As Rovers fans I don't think we need to worry yet.

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't know for certain but I suspect you are correct in your assertion that they haven't sold any yet. There is also mention of a ballot which almost certainly precludes families and friends who normally go together. It's going to be a real bun fight for supporters of clubs who are being allowed in to get a ticket and if it's not done fairly there is a risk of alienating long standing supporters.

As Rovers fans I don't think we need to worry yet.

I don't think the Govt have done clubs any favours really. Apparently it will cost most clubs more to have a 2k/4k fans in the ground than leaving them empty - that's certainly what the Tranmere chairman said last night and I've heard a few other lower league clubs say the same. I doubt they'll be charging £75 a ticket though!

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I don't think the Govt have done clubs any favours really. Apparently it will cost most clubs more to have a 2k/4k fans in the ground than leaving them empty - that's certainly what the Tranmere chairman said last night and I've heard a few other lower league clubs say the same. I doubt they'll be charging £75 a ticket though!

I saw an interview with Palios and he made some real sense. More stewards, every turnstiles manned and absolutely no income from food, drink and hospitality. He conservatively put a figure of £10k loss per game. As you say it's another ill conceived idea which is going to be counter productive financially and a potential health risk.

I recently spoke with the ex Rovers stadium manager who now works as a consultant with the National League primarily. He said this one size fits all approach is impossible to deploy given the difference in stadium layouts, logistics etc. One example was an evacuation. Getting a few thousand people out of a stadium through tight concourses and narrow flights of stairs is asking for trouble.

12 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Dingles now back where they belong. In the bottom 3 with the worse goal difference in the league. 

My mate is a Burnley fan , he thinks Dyche did a Big Sam yesterday left a few players  out ...

Paper thin squad and targetting certain game i.e Palace at home .

When we get back in, we need to be able to sit with our usual tribes. This is everything.

I won’t be buying a ST to sit on my Jack Jones. Until this isn’t possible I’m “happy” to show my support by giving them the £8 they receive from iFollow.

This transition needs to be carefully managed. IMHO we should have the iFollow option until the end of the season and start next year as a normal season. Personally I think reopening the gates with small numbers will be counterproductive, both from the perspective of the virus and keeping fans from losing interest.

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

When we get back in, we need to be able to sit with our usual tribes. This is everything.

I won’t be buying a ST to sit on my Jack Jones. Until this isn’t possible I’m “happy” to show my support by giving them the £8 they receive from iFollow.

This transition needs to be carefully managed. IMHO we should have the iFollow option until the end of the season and start next year as a normal season. Personally I think reopening the gates with small numbers will be counterproductive, both from the perspective of the virus and keeping fans from losing interest.

You can link your account with who you go with, I think they should perhaps do it in groups, and assuming that 2k can go and there are 2.5k season ticket holders, just rotate from game to game which groups go and which ones miss out.

I dont think that the club could or would delay supporters from returning once it is permitted even though it would be logistically challenging, now we have paid for a season ticket, the ifollow substitute is acceptable only whilst fans are not allowed in. They should embrace getting as many people in as soon as they can. I also dont subscribe to the idea for example that fans should only be allowed in when it is permitted across the country, as far as I am concerned we should be happy to get fans back in as soon as it is allowed and considered safe, I dont see how having small attendances would make anyone else lose interest.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You can link your account with who you go with, I think they should perhaps do it in groups, and assuming that 2k can go and there are 2.5k season ticket holders, just rotate from game to game which groups go and which ones miss out.

I dont think that the club could or would delay supporters from returning once it is permitted even though it would be logistically challenging, now we have paid for a season ticket, the ifollow substitute is acceptable only whilst fans are not allowed in. They should embrace getting as many people in as soon as they can. I also dont subscribe to the idea for example that fans should only be allowed in when it is permitted across the country, as far as I am concerned we should be happy to get fans back in as soon as it is allowed and considered safe, I dont see how having small attendances would make anyone else lose interest.

Are you saying it’s technologically possible or that this has been confirmed by the club?

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Chelsea v Spurs, that's 90 minutes I wont get back

I actually nodded off during the first half. Two teams that were way too scared to lose. I don't know if Bale was on the bench, but I'd have put him on for the Dutch guy down the left. And we now know Kane can be a competent midfielder as that is where he was playing today.

It doesn’t matter whether you can link with other ST holders to form a group to go with. Until something significant changes regarding the social distancing rules you will only be able to go to a game and sit with other members of your household or anyone in your bubble, not with your mates.