Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It looks like you are in the same boat as us regarding players out of contract in the summer. Looking at your list there are several first team regulars in there. Do you think the uncertainty of the takeover had a bearing on this?

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-transfer-news-sean-dyche-18681105

I’m sure it has but also the Directors have generally seemed unwilling to offer contracts. That said I’m not sure the list is accurate as I’m fairly sure Westwood signed a new 3 year deal about 2 or 3 months ago and we triggered a year extension to Vydra’s contract (much to his annoyance). Whilst I get it I do think the board became to risk averse as a result of the pandemic.

With the takeover now done hopefully we will see things sorted and maybe even a new signing or two in summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Being a "Chelsea man" is probably his best feature at the moment, managerially he is coming up short with vast resources.

I second your view. fat Franny is there for PR reasons, as he was as average as McClaren and all the rest at Derby County despite having a decent wage budget and not being subject to FFP rules. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be brutally honest,with this Covid now seemingly getting out of control and clubs having to cancel fixtures I personally couldn't care less if the FA abandoned this season.Am I alone in completely losing interest in televised games?

Empty stadiums et al...the whole sport appears a charade atm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, philipl said:

Beg to differ.

This is the best season in years. 

 

I agree with this,  all the more reason to bin Mowbray now and give a Pearson this month to get a couple of defenders in and push on.  I can't help but think our forward line will be decimated this summer if we don't and then its  back to square one and another 2/3 seasons of mediocrity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I agree with this,  all the more reason to bin Mowbray now and give a Pearson this month to get a couple of defenders in and push on.  I can't help but think our forward line will be decimated this summer if we don't and then its  back to square one and another 2/3 seasons of mediocrity. 

I was reading somewhere that Pearson had Covid earlier last year and is still recovering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was reading somewhere that Pearson had Covid earlier last year and is still recovering.

Yes, there was an interview a couple of weeks ago on the radio and he was hinting at he was much better.  Lost his mum to it I believe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

To be brutally honest,with this Covid now seemingly getting out of control and clubs having to cancel fixtures I personally couldn't care less if the FA abandoned this season.Am I alone in completely losing interest in televised games?

Empty stadiums et al...the whole sport appears a charade atm.

Empty stadiums etc definitely do make it seem a bit sterile. When watching Premier league games VAR only adds to that. But football is one of the few bits of normality left right now. And I expect is hugely important to the mental health of many at this time. I'm an advocate for keeping football going as long as we possibly can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2021 at 18:26, Stuart said:

Twitter is a very very dangerous media, which feeds itself on an anonymous mob-mentality.

Couldn't agree more Stuart and the reason I avoid personally.I find you have to be more and more careful now what you say both at work and outside.

But by christ....what a stupid comment to come out with by Carney😖

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Couldn't agree more Stuart and the reason I avoid personally.I find you have to be more and more careful now what you say both at work and outside.

But by christ....what a stupid comment to come out with by Carney😖

It was either very naive or very cynical on her part. I had never heard of her until this incident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Southampton 1 Liverpool 0 full time.  What a great season for us neutrals to see the top of the Prem change week by week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Southampton have done a Rovers (the real Rovers that is) on Liverpool. Very reminiscent of what we used to do to United at Ewood on a frequent basis. Great defending from the Saints and you can see how much it meant to Hasenhuttl at the end.

Edited by SuperBrfc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool seem to struggle against teams that defend deep. Southampton usually try to attack a bit but were resolute tonight. Liverpool had no answers aside from Mane trying his best to get a dodgy penalty at every opportunity.

Their full backs provide so much of their attacking outlets, yet there has been something amiss with both of them this season. Alexander-Arnold was hauled off by Klopp tonight. Jim Proudfoot was commentating for USA TV. He stated that TAA gave the ball away 38 times over the course of the game. Milner came on in his place. He may be there against Man U next time out.

They managed to paper over their centre back crisis but are now really starting to miss van Dijk. He is commanding in both boxes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, Big Sam now blaming the virus and Brexit for gazumping him.  Looks like all his transfer targets don't want championship football next season.  Be nice to see him at Ewood again.

I shamelessly stole this from The Guardian's daily email The Fiver. Allardyce should run for an MP with turnaround's like this;

14 May 2016: “We have this massive problem of producing our own players in this country … it’s probably why we should vote out of the EU! If we can vote out then we won’t have to take Uefa law because that is crap” – Sam Allardyce, then Sunderland manager.

4 January 2021: ”I have found three players already who were capable of coming here and they’re not allowed. It’s a shame. It’s not so much the pandemic, it’s the change of rules because of Brexit” – Allardyce struggles to find foreign imports for West Brom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Liverpool seem to struggle against teams that defend deep. Southampton usually try to attack a bit but were resolute tonight. Liverpool had no answers aside from Mane trying his best to get a dodgy penalty at every opportunity.

Their full backs provide so much of their attacking outlets, yet there has been something amiss with both of them this season. Alexander-Arnold was hauled off by Klopp tonight. Jim Proudfoot was commentating for USA TV. He stated that TAA gave the ball away 38 times over the course of the game. Milner came on in his place. He may be there against Man U next time out.

They managed to paper over their centre back crisis but are now really starting to miss van Dijk. He is commanding in both boxes.

Liverpool had 1 shot on target, crazy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I shamelessly stole this from The Guardian's daily email The Fiver. Allardyce should run for an MP with turnaround's like this;

14 May 2016: “We have this massive problem of producing our own players in this country … it’s probably why we should vote out of the EU! If we can vote out then we won’t have to take Uefa law because that is crap” – Sam Allardyce, then Sunderland manager.

4 January 2021: ”I have found three players already who were capable of coming here and they’re not allowed. It’s a shame. It’s not so much the pandemic, it’s the change of rules because of Brexit” – Allardyce struggles to find foreign imports for West Brom.

Also shows the level of knowledge - if (as happened) we leave the EU the FA will still be part of FIFA and UEFA and will still have to follow their rules - though maybe not "bosman"? Not only that but, as he has just found out, football players from EU nations will be subject to the same rules as those from all over the world.

 

Edited by longsiders1882
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2021 at 18:18, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Hence why Allardycio wants a 'circuit breaker' and no football - the crafty old dawg!

They should give him his wish but on the premise that training and the transfer window are also part of it. See how interested he really is in player welfare and handling of the pandemic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what hes saying is if you vaccinate all the footballers now you could use the money saved having to test them twice a week and give it to the NHS to speed up getting the rest of us vaccinated,not saying i agree with him but i understand the point hes trying to make.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.