7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Point is Rev, they wouldn't be even considered if they didn't have previous connections with us

Would you not say Ainsworth had done a pretty remarkable job at Wycombe?

Edit: As for Johnson, he seemed extremely well thought of for his work with the youngsters before joining the first team set up (maybe less so since?) but those at the Club ought to be able to assess his capabilities and whether he might be able to make the step up.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Point is Rev, they wouldn't be even considered if they didn't have previous connections with us

I can honestly say I'd no idea Ainsworth had played for us til last year, and that's after reckoning I'd like him as manager here🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mike E
5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

My question is, where does Lampard go from here?

He's a London lad so if he wants to continue in management I'd guess at QPR or Charlton Athletic. We'll have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Edit: As for Johnson, he seemed extremely well thought of for his work with the youngsters before joining the first team set up (maybe less so since?) but those at the Club ought to be able to assess his capabilities and whether he might be able to make the step up.

And just who at the club would there be to assess his capabilities to take over from Mowbray? Waggot??  We have a basket case of a club. I wouldn't trust anyone there to make a good decision.

Now I've made myself miserable.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously he wouldnt turn down the job, I never at any point implied that he should. I just am saying that he was lucky to get it based solely on his playing credentials rather than a half decent season at Derby.

He wasnt lucky at all to get the job IMO. He fitted what they want at that time. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wilder is a more complex one. The recruitment in the summer was dreadful, Brewster has been really poor and Ramsdale appalling, making numerous mistakes as a huge downgrade on Henderson. Throw in a serious injury to O'Connell and now Berge and they just dont have the quality, and their results were so bad that after 10 games, there was basically no chance of survival. Had they been closer like West Brom, it may have been worth contemplating bringing in someone to fire fight, as it is, they probably are better off just writing off the season and having Wilder back in the Championship. It may not be as straightforward as just coming straight back up but they probably hope that the returning O'Connell will make a huge difference next season added to the likes of Brewster, Bogle, Lowe, McBurnie and maybe Ramsdale who should all be decent in the Championship.

Wilder big money signings havent work. But the job he has done there as been wonderful and he deserve a chance to bring them back up. 

On 25/01/2021 at 10:54, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for reply. 

Do the new owners have the money to fund the club long term without putting into debt? 

I think Dyche will walk in the summer unless he is given funds to improve his squad

No, they've got no money as such, so ultimately the club has to generate it. They could borrow short term but need a plan to increase revenues longer term.

In summer I suspect there will be funds from a few sales (Tarkowski and Pope, possibly McNeill). If they are serious then hopefully they and Dyche are planning already for the next few windows. If it's just some sort of asset strip then we might start to see come summer. This all assumes we don't get relegated which is a very real possibility still.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasnt lucky at all to get the job IMO. He fitted what they want at that time. 

Wilder big money signings havent work. But the job he has done there as been wonderful and he deserve a chance to bring them back up. 

There are quite a lot of managers who are ok shopped at Pound World or even Tesco's, but when they get some dosh and get to go to Selfridges they lose the plot entirely. 

16 hours ago, DE. said:

The Baggies have managed only one win in seven games since Allardyce took over from Slaven Bilic on 16 December, a day after the Croat oversaw a hard-earned draw away to Guardiola's City, and are now five points from safety rather than two.”

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

WBA 3-0 down and it’s not even HT, think this may even be a bridge too far for Big Sam....

5 now, one of Sam's games he isn't prioritising no doubt.

I hated that when he was here.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

WBA 3-0 down and it’s not even HT, think this may even be a bridge too far for Big Sam....

Thing is when he came to us we had a set of good players. To start with a defence of Robinson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock.

West Brom have a set of very poor players.

Edited by Stonesrick
Mistake