26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you can blame the player. Surely he realised he would never play there. 

Blame him for what? Taking a once in a life time chance to be part of a massive club whilst also financially setting himself and his family up for life.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Blame him for what? Taking a once in a life time chance to be part of a massive club whilst also financially setting himself and his family up for life.

Not playing any first team football for rest.of the season

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a bizarre signing on Liverpools behalf. Even with Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip and Fabinho out, the latter with a knock, they still seemingly consider Kabak, (who looks dreadful) Henderson, (I get to an extent the want for experience but hes not a defender and they need him in midfield) Nat Phillips and maybe even Rhys Williams all ahead of him. 

Cant blame the player, hes a good Championship defender but when Liverpool come calling, you cant turn it down, even if you only play once or twice.

Or just the once if you're Glenn Keeley and it's Everton.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

If you was playing mid table Championship football and Liverpool offered you a deal and a once in a lifetime opportunity to play for a massive club, maybe even in the Champions League, youd be able to tell the grandkids youve played for Liverpool even if its only once, and a big pay rise, and you turned it down, I suspect you would be booked in to a mental institution that afternoon @chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If you was playing mid table Championship football and Liverpool offered you a deal and a once in a lifetime opportunity to play for a massive club, maybe even in the Champions League, youd be able to tell the grandkids youve played for Liverpool even if its only once, and a big pay rise, and you turned it down, I suspect you would be booked in to a mental institution that afternoon @chaddyrovers

Better facilities, better coaching, playing with better players and more money. What player worth his salt wouldn't want that

Chaddy must be under the impression that all players just want to play wherever that may be.

Go to one of the worlds biggest clubs and mix with world class stars and facilities in the hope he'll get a chance to show how good he is...no he should stay at the mighty Deepdale where he'll play every week.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ironically his agent will be able to get him a better salary at a wider choice of clubs for the rest of his career as a "player that Liverpool went out and signed" instead of being "a PNE player". Even if he never plays a minute for them...

Am sure he looked at Robertson and that he came from hull I can do it to. Most players back themselves and that’s before the massive pay rise, the chance to play for Liverpool, European football etc. I’d take a pay cut leave that shit hole 😂

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But he isn't playing or even on the bench until Yesterday. 

I would want to be playing football regular at his age. He was set to pre contract for Celtic so would have got his change of playing European football there. 

When the main 3 centre backs are back he will be 6 or 7 choice there, Presumably He will stay there then cos its Liverpool and massive club

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But he isn't playing or even on the bench until Yesterday. 

I would want to be playing football regular at his age. He was set to pre contract for Celtic so would have got his change of playing European football there. 

When the main 3 centre backs are back he will be 6 or 7 choice there, Presumably He will stay there then cos its Liverpool and massive club

There is still a possibility that he could move on in the summer if he so chooses.

Had he chosen the pre contract at Celtic, he would have stayed at a mid table Championship club until the summer, playing through the motions waiting to move, as Preston were not willing to negotiate a fee to send him there now.

Instead, he will likely be able to move to his next club, having spent 6 months training against Mane, Firmino and Salah, with his reputation enhanced, with a large lump of money and likely having played for Liverpool at least once or twice in the Premier League and/or Champions League, something he can tell people for the rest of his life.

Out of interest, do you think Aynslea Pears was an idiot for coming here and sitting on our bench? Shouldnt Dolan have gone to a League 1 or League 2 club and started every week?

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Had he chosen the pre contract at Celtic, he would have stayed at a mid table Championship club until the summer, playing through the motions waiting to move, as Preston were not willing to negotiate a fee to send him there now.

Regular 1st team football for months before my move to Celtic..

Instead, he will likely be able to move to his next club, having spent 6 months training against Mane, Firmino and Salah, with his reputation enhanced, with a large lump of money and likely having played for Liverpool at least once or twice in the Premier League and/or Champions League, something he can tell people for the rest of his life.

Blimey I trained Salah for a couple of months. And? 

Out of interest, do you think Aynslea Pears was an idiot for coming here and sitting on our bench? Shouldnt Dolan have gone to a League 1 or League 2 club and started every week?

But both players are at different stages of their careers compare to Ben Davies..

Pears is 22 years old and played some 1st team football. He has played a couple of games here but he knows he will number 2 when he signed here. Also a keeper situation is very different. Think words like Idiot are inappropriate in a discussion like this.

Dolan is just his professional career now. He was signed to play under 23's football this football but his form after he signed here impressed so much he quickly fast track to 1st team squad and make starts here. Plus he has been in every match day squad this season(33) and appeared in 25 of those games. Not bad for 19 years old I say

Edited by chaddyrovers

Bruce 8 defeats in 10 as Newcastle manager. His position must be precarious. Mourinho says Spurs have problems he can't fix. Klopp loses at Anfield to Everton.

They must all be sacked! Not really. Only Bruce is under serious threat and may be saved by 'the-who-else-is-there? conundrum.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Bruce 8 defeats in 10 as Newcastle manager. His position must be precarious. Mourinho says Spurs have problems he can't fix. Klopp loses at Anfield to Everton.

They must all be sacked! Not really. Only Bruce is under serious threat and may be saved by 'the-who-else-is-there? conundrum.

Dyche would be perfect for Newcastle. Only trouble is the fans up there have delusions of grandeur and wouldn't tolerate him being appointed.

Roy Boy is coming under pressure also.

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dyche would be perfect for Newcastle. Only trouble is the fans up there have delusions of grandeur and wouldn't tolerate him being appointed.

Roy Boy is coming under pressure also.

Cant stand toon fans. Think they're a far bigger club than they are. 

On 22/02/2021 at 14:13, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd forgive them if they appointed Dyche. He must see how the wind is blowing at Burnley by now.

I was told 12 months ago , Dyche to Palace was a done deal ...

Dont know if Hodgson had a change of heart but something happenend ..

The source was very good ..

Lee Mason has just had an absolute shocker 

Blew his whistle to take a free kick, Brighton take it and he blows again on the way into the net so he disallows it.

Then he allows it.

Then tries to see if there’s an offside; there isn’t. 

Eventually disallows it again 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Lee Mason has just had an absolute shocker 

Blew his whistle to take a free kick, Brighton take it and he blows again on the way into the net so he disallows it.

Then he allows it.

Then tries to see if there’s an offside; there isn’t. 

Eventually disallows it again 

Sam’s mate.