I can see Grealish being the next Hoddle or Le Tissier. The likes of Southgate, who is the quintessential FA blazer, have never liked the maverick.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

See Wenger wants to change the offside rule to say that if any part of an attackers body is onside he will be deemed to be onside, should be interesting. Makes playing a high line significantly more risky. 

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Seems to have been around forever but still only 25. Seems to have grown up a bit finally as the talent was always there.

Not so long ago I recall he was being compared to Dack on here 🙄

Behind France we probably have the best attacking options in the world.  Grealish foden sancho maddison kane rashford sterling dcl ings not to mention possibles like eze barnes and forgotten men ali Barkley. Wish we had a manager that was more adventurous.  I would fancy us against anyone at the euros if we had someone like Rodgers or guardiola 

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Behind France we probably have the best attacking options in the world.  Grealish foden sancho maddison kane rashford sterling dcl ings not to mention possibles like eze barnes and forgotten men ali Barkley. Wish we had a manager that was more adventurous.  I would fancy us against anyone at the euros if we had someone like Rodgers or guardiola 

And can Stones bring his club form....probably not🙄

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And can Stones bring his club form....probably not🙄

I think stones maguire gomez tomori konsa coady are pretty good options 

Add mings into that as well. I think for the first time in a while we can wheel out a half decent defence. 

Goalkeeper is what concerns me but pickford has never let england down, just club he seems to have frequent howlers.

12 hours ago, roverandout said:

And that's not even mentioning a resurgent Jessie Lingard. Been hugely impressed by him since his loan to West Ham. Especially his energy and pressing ability. If he kept up this form in years gone by he would be a shoe in. But like you say. The attacking options available are frightening so I'm not sure if there is a place for him. 

If Southgate can find a balance to the side I would be supremely confident. As it stands I don't think he has a clue what system he wants to play.

21 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

And that's not even mentioning a resurgent Jessie Lingard. Been hugely impressed by him since his loan to West Ham. Especially his energy and pressing ability. If he kept up this form in years gone by he would be a shoe in. But like you say. The attacking options available are frightening so I'm not sure if there is a place for him. 

If Southgate can find a balance to the side I would be supremely confident. As it stands I don't think he has a clue what system he wants to play.

Also lookman is doing really well at Fulham.  Loftus-cheek has found his rhythm again.  Curtis jones is a regular in the Liverpool team now.  I expect in 2 or 3 years when these lads reach their peak we will be proper contender 

Forgot about jude Bellingham.  Hes doing really well at dortmund 

And mason Greenwood will be a star as well

Edited by roverandout

We have been saying for years and years wait until so and so is a little older,we were supposed to rule the world when the likes of Lampard,Gerrard,Ferdinand got older.Tens and tens of top premiership performers have failed in an England shirt.

I've seen plenty of good young talent in the past 20/30 years but the step up to be able to take the pressure of an expectant nation that has been starved of success for 55 years and counting weighs heavy on these guys.I hope to be able to see Euro/World Cup winning parade sometime in my lifetime but i'm not getting my hopes up.

18 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

We have been saying for years and years wait until so and so is a little older,we were supposed to rule the world when the likes of Lampard,Gerrard,Ferdinand got older.Tens and tens of top premiership performers have failed in an England shirt.

I've seen plenty of good young talent in the past 20/30 years but the step up to be able to take the pressure of an expectant nation that has been starved of success for 55 years and counting weighs heavy on these guys.I hope to be able to see Euro/World Cup winning parade sometime in my lifetime but i'm not getting my hopes up.

The club differences were a problem back then. As the players said themselves.  There's more of a club spirit with these guys

Arsenal shoot themselves in the foot against Burnley. Comfortably on top and winning they try and play out with a ludicrous square pass inside their own penalty area. He ball hits Wood and goes in. Xhaka was the culprit and he's just not good enough to play that way. Shambolic play lets that lot back in.

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Arsenal shoot themselves in the foot against Burnley. Comfortably on top and winning they try and play out with a ludicrous square pass inside their own penalty area. He ball hits Wood and goes in. Xhaka was the culprit and he's just not good enough to play that way. Shambolic play lets that lot back in.

im`e amazed xhaka keep his place,every week he`s a disaster waiting to happen,shockingly overrated player

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

We see so many mistakes that lead to goals by defenders trying to play it out from the back. Even Rovers, Kaminski etc., have been nearly found out doing this.

Contrast that to England's first 2 goals v Spain in Seville in 2019 when Pickford boots the ball upfield to Harry Kane.

There is a time to play it out from defence and a time to clear the lines and players need to learn to tell the difference, especially goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

We see so many mistakes that lead to goals by defenders trying to play it out from the back. Even Rovers, Kaminski etc., have been nearly found out doing this.

Contrast that to England's first 2 goals v Spain in Seville in 2019 when Pickford boots the ball upfield to Harry Kane.

There is a time to play it out from defence and a time to clear the lines and players need to learn to tell the difference, especially goalkeepers.

Knowing when to " Stick and when to Twist " is what separates the top defenders from the also rans.

20 hours ago, arbitro said:

First thing I was told at primary school. If you're a defender and facing the goal, never play the ball across the box

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

First thing I was told at primary school. If you're a defender and facing the goal, never play the ball across the box

Never play it across the box full stop. The keeper should put that into the other half.

I think Reed himself wanted to play for a club with real Prem aspirations. That's why he didn't want us.