BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League Stuff

On 06/03/2021 at 13:03, Darrenbot said:

We have been saying for years and years wait until so and so is a little older,we were supposed to rule the world when the likes of Lampard,Gerrard,Ferdinand got older.Tens and tens of top premiership performers have failed in an England shirt.

I've seen plenty of good young talent in the past 20/30 years but the step up to be able to take the pressure of an expectant nation that has been starved of success for 55 years and counting weighs heavy on these guys.I hope to be able to see Euro/World Cup winning parade sometime in my lifetime but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I was saying to my friend only yesterday, imagine if the 4-3-3 formation had been in vogue when we had Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard.

Scholes sitting as a deep lying playmaker, Gerrard playing as a box-to-box midfielder and Lampard playing slightly more advanced as an attacking midfielder.

Magic.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was saying to my friend only yesterday, imagine if the 4-3-3 formation had been in vogue when we had Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard.

Scholes sitting as a deep lying playmaker, Gerrard playing as a box-to-box midfielder and Lampard playing slightly more advanced as an attacking midfielder.

Magic.

Front 3: Rooney in the middle with (I guess) Joe Cole and SWP either side?

The difference between this generation is theres more depth in talent.  A far better English youth academy.  How many countries now are looking at English born players for their national team. Jamaica are the latest. I think semis this summer is realistic 

I wonder how the 'golden generation' would perform today now we seem to be out of that period where the england team are persisting with a 442. The answer to the lampard Gerrard problem was always there in either Scholes or Carrick holding.

We could also never find a left winger but now the game is full of right footed players playing on the left of a front three. Rooney up top, becks on the right someone else on the left jobs a good'un

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Front 3: Rooney in the middle with (I guess) Joe Cole and SWP either side?

No idea about who you'd play upfront. Possibly Rooney as an inside forward on the left, Heskey as a #9 and Beckham as a wide playmaker on the right? You've obviously got Joe Cole who could play up there too and all sorts of pacey wingers.

26 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Totally sickens me the bastards are winning at Everton, it might change, and I hope King nets a winner, but still sickening after ten years of total incompetence.

5 points in these last 3 games when I didn’t see us getting any.

cracking shot from McNeil for the winner. You might have to wait another season to play us in the league.

6 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

cracking shot from McNeil for the winner. You might have to wait another season to play us in the league.

You know what, I'd be loving two games a season against you lot in the PL. Fucking hate the Loons.

54 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

For as long as you have Dyche and we have Mowbray we’ll never face each other in the league. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If they appointed Tindall to replace Wilder then that could possibly be the worst decision in many a year.

I know they’ve had a bad season but I think he should have been given a chance to bring them back up.

I’ve seen Howe and Tindall close up. There were massive issues with them as a team, couldn’t set a defence to save their lives. I wouldn’t have swapped Wilder for either of them to be honest.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If they appointed Tindall to replace Wilder then that could possibly be the worst decision in many a year.

Paul Heckingbottom appointed as caretaker manager for rest of the season. Tindall appointed to staff to help him. 

10 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I know they’ve had a bad season but I think he should have been given a chance to bring them back up.

Its appears from reports that they has been massive falling out between Wilder and the board in recent months over signings, bringing in director of football, etc

‘Tottenham keeper Joe Hart has apologised after his social media team posted a message of "job done" on his Instagram account following Spurs' Europa League exit. 

Spurs took a 2-0 lead into the second leg of the last 16 tie at Dinamo Zagreb but were beaten 3-0.

"Someone thought that we'd won 3-0," said Hart about the post. "As sloppy as it sounds, it's the truth.’

Daftest thing about this story is that footballers actually pay a ‘social media team’ to post the inane shite they put on Twitter etc. The mind boggles, honestly.

On 14/03/2021 at 08:01, chaddyrovers said:

Paul Heckingbottom appointed as caretaker manager for rest of the season. Tindall appointed to staff to help him. 

Its appears from reports that they has been massive falling out between Wilder and the board in recent months over signings, bringing in director of football, etc

Well if he wants absolute free reign over the running of a club, Rovers is perfect for him.

I hope we give him a call.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well if he wants absolute free reign over the running of a club, Rovers is perfect for him.

I hope we give him a call.

Would Wilder accept a Head Coach role, let alone at Rovers? That sort of role, which is what Sheffield United were pushing onto him, is the main reason why he left the club.

2 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Would Wilder accept a Head Coach role, let alone at Rovers? That sort of role, which is what Sheffield United were pushing onto him, is the main reason why he left the club.

At Rovers he'd be King. He'd be free to do what he wants. 

We have absolutely no internal structure - as evidenced by Waggott refusing to sack his mate and threatening to walk if he's overruled. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

At Rovers he'd be King. He'd be free to do what he wants.

Kean and Mowbray are the two managers who have had unadulterated control at Rovers since Venkys took over. I gather that they both had excellent personal relations with Venkys by talking the talk, because it certainly can't have been by walking the walk.

Wilder can prove that he's capable of walking the walk, but we know that's irrelevant when it comes to Venky managerial appointments. Would he talk the talk? I doubt it. He says things as they are. That won't wash with the Venkys.

• 2 weeks later...