Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Dingles just thrown away a 2-0 lead at Southampton, currently 3-2 down & getting battered. 🤣

Incidently,  the unwashed's 2nd goal couldn't have been more "Burnley" if they'd tried!

The Gruffalo will be seething 😃😃.

I wonder who he'll blame today

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

Got the Newcastle v Spurs game on but not really watching it too closely. Two of the Newcastle players are wearing gloves. The weather there is currently 10*c and sunny intervals. Fannies. Gareth Bale just coming on. He’s also wearing gloves. Fanny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roverandout said:

No one can doubt kane is top class. That's 29 goals in 40 games this season.  His second goal was world class 

He makes goalscoring look easy,like a certain Geordie used to for us.I can see him passing Shearer as top goalscorer in  premier league history aslong as he stays in this country.only 27 years old and still in his prime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2021 at 23:15, Darrenbot said:

He makes goalscoring look easy,like a certain Geordie used to for us.I can see him passing Shearer as top goalscorer in  premier league history aslong as he stays in this country.only 27 years old and still in his prime.

Thought I'd tear myself away from the TM discussion.

Can you imagine how many he'd score in a really good side? I think if he moved to City (providing he got the game time), Liverpool or, dare I say, United, his numbers would be off the charts. I'm with you thinking that there's a good chance he'll overtake Big Al.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/04/2021 at 18:15, Darrenbot said:

He makes goalscoring look easy,like a certain Geordie used to for us.I can see him passing Shearer as top goalscorer in  premier league history aslong as he stays in this country.only 27 years old and still in his prime.

Kane needs 99 more Prem goals to beat Shearer; List of footballers with 100 or more Premier League goals - Wikipedia

His goals to game ratio is better too. It will be close. Kane tends to get one bad injury a season. Will his body stand up to another 5+ years?

Shearer scored 112 in 138 for Rovers. His knee injury in his first season didn't slow him down at all, but the one he got at Newcastle did. 

Aguero is off at the end of the season. He has probably missed 2+ seasons due to injuries. Without that he would have been a lot closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Kane needs 99 more Prem goals to beat Shearer; List of footballers with 100 or more Premier League goals - Wikipedia

His goals to game ratio is better too. It will be close. Kane tends to get one bad injury a season. Will his body stand up to another 5+ years?

Shearer scored 112 in 138 for Rovers. His knee injury in his first season didn't slow him down at all, but the one he got at Newcastle did. 

Aguero is off at the end of the season. He has probably missed 2+ seasons due to injuries. Without that he would have been a lot closer.

Its quite a sobering thought that 3 of the top 7 have played for us..........

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2021 at 14:03, oldjamfan1 said:

Its quite a sobering thought that 3 of the top 7 have played for us..........

4 of the top 17

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Alas, Fulham just can’t win matches.

I suspect things will catch up with Burnley next season. They're relying on a terrible bottom three this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier League VAR making the game a joke. Tarkowski's high kick rejected yet a finger in Son's face followed by Oscar Awarding reaction disallows a perfect goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just when you think you've seen it all we VAR. West Brom have a goal disallowed after VAR gives the wrong man offside as the man who scores it is comfortably onside.

Edited by Ewood Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just when you think you've seen it all we VAR. West Brom have a goal disallowed after VAR gives the wrong man offside as the man who scores it is comfortably onside.

The whole VAR system needs scrapping and just keep Hawkeye for the ball crossing the line.

It is corrupt that someone behind the scenes decides what to refer and what not to refer, and means that the current system is just as inconsistent as the one it replaced.

There should be an opportunity for a referee to ask for a reply (not be asked to look at something) and each manager should have two opportunities per game to ask for a referral.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Sam's management starting to take effect at West Brom. Probably too late to save them now especially as the 3 outside the zone - Dingles, Brighton and Newcastle - have a knack for pulling points out just as they need to.

I wouldn't bet against him though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/04/2021 at 23:55, Darrenbot said:

West Ham 2-0 up against Leicester at HT,i never thought i'd say this but i would say Moyes is manager of the year so far in the Prem.

Its an odd one that. He was a star at Everton, keeping them up year after year against the odds.

Yet when he left them, it has taken him years to find his feet again.

He has done a superb job at West Ham

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its an odd one that. He was a star at Everton, keeping them up year after year against the odds.

Yet when he left them, it has taken him years to find his feet again.

He has done a superb job at West Ham

He never had the charisma for utd and I think that put his career back a few years.  He seems to have done well everywhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He never had the charisma for utd and I think that put his career back a few years.  He seems to have done well everywhere else.

I think he would have done okay at United if he'd gone there a couple of years after someone else had replaced Old Purple Nose. That was a poisoned chalice if ever I saw one.

I'll never forgive Moyes for his comments in the K**n era, but he is a very good manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He never had the charisma for utd and I think that put his career back a few years.  He seems to have done well everywhere else.

He walked in and was meant to be a straight replacement for AF, but then sacked the staff and brought his Everton lads with him. His signings were also sub standard. He was a disaster for united (happy days), clearly not good enough for a top top team but will get lesser clubs over performing ala WH & Everton. A bit like Hughes IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.