Fergie left him in the absolute mud that season to be fair, retired at the perfect time when that United squad needed so much work. Add to that Man City buying everything and Moyes was on a hiding to nothing

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He seems to have done well everywhere else.

That's debatable to say the least. Sacked after one year at Sunderland when they were relegated, sacked after 1 year at real Sociedad, now succeeding  in his second spell at West Ham after his initial contract was not renewed.

I think its fair to say he's got his mojo back!

I think he's really gone back to basics with West Ham. He's brought an organiser in at the back in Dawson. Made them competitive with a bit of muscle in the middle with Soucek. And they've pace and power up front. They defend as a unit and get the ball into the box quickly. A lot of managers, Mowbray included could learn a lot from keeping things simple as Moyes is doing.

Lingard has then been the cherry on the cake. I'm sure even Moyes didn't think it would work out so spectacularly. His energy, ability and character has given the whole team a second wind.

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

He walked in and was meant to be a straight replacement for AF, but then sacked the staff and brought his Everton lads with him. His signings were also sub standard. He was a disaster for united (happy days), clearly not good enough for a top top team but will get lesser clubs over performing ala WH & Everton. A bit like Hughes IMO.

He was onto a hiding to nothing replacing Ferguson.

Him firing all the existing backroom staff didn't help his cause though. I read something shortly after his firing where he said that he wanted to be on the training ground. Daft if you ask me but that's what worked for him at Everton.

Leicester were poor though. Maddison breaching COVID rules and getting dropped really hurt them.

The Prem top 2 are set. Any of Leicester, Chelsea, West Ham, and Liverpool could get 3rd and 4th. I think that Spurs and Everton are too far away despite early promise. 

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I heard it was because he refused to take part in a training session in protest of this new super league 

You've heard that from a bloke on Twitter who made it up.

Mourinho did his best work as an underdog. However, his success allowed him to become top dog and his methods didn't work the same.

Spurs are an underdog although fancy themselves as a top tier team. 

He looked jaded when he got the Man U job. I was surprised that he went to Spurs. 

I'll guess that he'll wait and take the Portugal job when the incumbent retires.

His top club management days are over. Although I could see a moneyed lesser league side taking a punt on him. 

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

No not twitter

That's the source of that rumour, though. A tweet from a nobody that was spread around like wildfire and re-reported by hacks.

He was sacked because Spurs are worse to watch than Rovers.

That was as easy as a 1-0 win could be for Man City in the League Cup final today,you wonder how much longer Kane will stick it out at Spurs when they will never consistently be challenging for the big honours.Is he going to end up being another Le Tissier very loyal to a club but ending up retiring with nothing to show for it.

Surely his Mrs and family would fancy a few years living in Madrid or Barcelona, even Manchester really (he could always commute from there)?

I don’t watch much too much live top flight football these days, I did yesterday... what the bloody hell has happened to Martin Tyler (the obvious - he’s old, aside).

Edited by Mattyblue
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t watch much too much live top flight football these days, I did yesterday... what the bloody hell has happened to Martin Tyler (the obvious - he’s old, aside).

100%, he has become a parody of himself, he needs to be removed at the end of the season.

No real surprise.

Friedel didn't get into the top 10 premier league goalkeepers one they did last year, which told me that all these are nonsense.