BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League Stuff

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56734906

Shocking. Or  not. No tugay yet Jay Jay ocrapcha gets a mention. Plus tino aprilla and ginola.  Aprilla did virtually nothing In the epl. I guess its big club bias again 

It really isn't anything to invoke big club bias over. None of the 3 talking played with Tugay. 

He was more than a cult hero to Rovers fans, he was a genuine great.

Grabbi and Amoruso on the other hand......

Leicester City rolling back the years by playing two conventional strikers in Vardy and Iheanacho together in their win over Crystal Palace. The lone forward role can be effective, as can the three up front but there is something refreshingly simple about seeing two strikers linking up and it seems to have fallen out of fashion.

Edited by riverholmes

55 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Leicester City rolling back the years by playing two conventional strikers in Vardy and Iheanacho together in their win over Crystal Palace. The lone forward role can be effect, as can the three up front but there is something refreshingly simple about seeing two strikers linking up and it seems to have fallen out of fashion.

Couldn’t agree more. The best Rovers teams over the 50 years I have been watching them have always had two strikers. 
And two wingers. 

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Leicester City rolling back the years by playing two conventional strikers in Vardy and Iheanacho together in their win over Crystal Palace. The lone forward role can be effective, as can the three up front but there is something refreshingly simple about seeing two strikers linking up and it seems to have fallen out of fashion.

Indeed, used to be tons of quality partnerships around back in the day. Henry/Bergkamp, Yorke/Cole (more at United than Rovers...!), Ronaldo/Raul, Trezeguet/Del Piero, and loads more. Shearer and Sutton for Rovers too of course.

There aren’t many around these days. Even your traditional mercurial number 10s are pretty much a thing of the past now which is a shame. All about inside forwards and inverted wingers now, some of them are outstanding of course but meh....would be nice to have a bit more of a mix.

35 minutes ago, frosty said:

Indeed, used to be tons of quality partnerships around back in the day. Henry/Bergkamp, Yorke/Cole (more at United than Rovers...!), Ronaldo/Raul, Trezeguet/Del Piero, and loads more. Shearer and Sutton for Rovers too of course.

There aren’t many around these days. Even your traditional mercurial number 10s are pretty much a thing of the past now which is a shame. All about inside forwards and inverted wingers now, some of them are outstanding of course but meh....would be nice to have a bit more of a mix.

Cole and Jansen had the makings of a good combo until Matty got injured. My favourites - Andy McEvoy and Fred Pickering, a goal machine.

On 27/04/2021 at 19:01, riverholmes said:

Erm we play with 2 up front pretty much every week ...

11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

😂😂😂

Another year in the premier league coming up for us.

Ah, I remember it well. Still don't know what it's like in the Fourth Division though.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Ah, I remember it well. Still don't know what it's like in the Fourth Division though.

It’s was bloody grand to be honest - proper days out back then without all the media focus and modern day sanitation of the game.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Terrible decision to send off the Southampton player, football is going downhill....fast

Agreed. How the hell is that a foul?

Just wtf is VAR for if not to overturn ludicrous decisions like that!

Likewise, I thought neither were penalties in last night's Utd v Roma game.

• Backroom
22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn’t say that’s totally accurate 

Much more likely is a partnership than a total sale, get a company to invest and share broadcasting perhaps 

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Fans protest on the pitch underway at OT

They’ll be lauded as heroes no doubt not like the spoiled brats from Blackburn 

Sky have just shown footage of a few hundred Rags supporters getting into the Theatre of Dreamers with the intention of their game against Liverpool called off. They ran onto the pitch, abused the Sky pundits, chanted about the Glazers and promptly left. I actually applaud their intention (if Sky are correct) in doing something radical as a protest but the PL have confirmed the game is still scheduled for a 4.30 pm kick off.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Much more likely is a partnership than a total sale, get a company to invest and share broadcasting perhaps 

They’ll be lauded as heroes no doubt not like the spoiled brats from Blackburn 

Sadly yes.

Still credit to them and a feat in itself to get on the pitch, in a reasonably behaved manner.

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

We will see in the future but BT has failed in trying to beat Sky for major sporting events. 

I think Amazon or Disney might look for a full buy out and then put it on their channels and for cheap prices than BT. Amazon already has sporting rights for PL games and Tennis. 

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

If only we could get that unity against the people running our club. 

Always thought Blackburn folk as being very placid and laid back attitude tbh.

Lets see if the Soccer Saturday chipmunks take the piss out of the Utd fans like they did with us..yeah right!😠

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will see in the future but BT has failed in trying to beat Sky for major sporting events. 

I think Amazon or Disney might look for a full buy out and then put it on their channels and for cheap prices than BT. Amazon already has sporting rights for PL games and Tennis. 

Failed? How, BT took the champions league away from sky, none much more major than that in terms of football.

Also the move was always intended to solidify the broadband base first and foremost and has been going much longer than many would have predicted 

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Always thought Blackburn folk as being very placid and laid back attitude tbh.

Lets see if the Soccer Saturday chipmunks take the piss out of the Utd fans like they did with us..yeah right!😠

Interesting variation in views across the media. 

The Sky coverage earlier was lionising the protesters as modern day Chartists. Man the barricades!

... Now have BBC Five Live on and they are speaking in hushed tones and lamenting it as being a step away from the dark days of fan disorder in the 80s...

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting variation in views across the media. 

The Sky coverage earlier was lionising the protesters as modern day Chartists. Man the barricades!

... Now have BBC Five Live on and they are speaking in hushed tones and lamenting it as being a step away from the dark days of fan disorder in the 80s...

That’s an appallingly lazy and inaccurate take from the BBC. Really annoyed me when we were tarred with that brush.