Premier League Stuff

Posted (edited)

Forgive my ignorance but what has brought this protest to a head recently - is it just the Super League thing or are Utd fans still unhappy with other aspects of the the Glazer's ownership - they seem like a dream compared th Venky's but I haven't really followed the Utd situation recently.

Edited by Crimpshrine
spelling

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There's only so much of Micah Richards I can take.

Souness is spot on.

His agent should be on 70% for how he has got that cretin airtime. 

He has absolutely no insight or opinion worth listening to. Heard him then talk on Jack Grealish and all he did was paraphrase what Roy Keane had said beforehand yet he once played with him.

Rare to say this but fully back the United fans, this is what taking a stand looks like. This is the only way to stand up to Venkys too. I don't care how many tables we fall, souless ownership is never to be accepted.

Today perfectly sums up the problem with mass protests. The core message seems to have been 50+1 ownership (those grouped outside I mean) but the only message people watching the news will get is: "Uncouth working class types trespass and break Covid regulations whilst generally behaving like cavemen."

It doesn't matter how much right is on your side when your protest is hijacked by knuckle draggers who just want to put the middle finger up and look 'hard'.

4 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

Today perfectly sums up the problem with mass protests. The core message seems to have been 50+1 ownership (those grouped outside I mean) but the only message people watching the news will get is: "Uncouth working class types trespass and break Covid regulations whilst generally behaving like cavemen."

It doesn't matter how much right is on your side when your protest is hijacked by knuckle draggers who just want to put the middle finger up and look 'hard'.

Sadly “fan diplomacy” doesn’t work because nobody listens.

The only thing they care about from fans is money. Withdraw that and you win.

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

To make omelettes, you have to crack a few eggs.

Didn't see the scenes inside the stadium earlier but just seen some footage from outside the ground and it appeared to go well beyond a peaceful protest with smoke flares being let off and metal barriers being chucked about.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Failed? How, BT took the champions league away from sky, none much more major than that in terms of football.

Also the move was always intended to solidify the broadband base first and foremost and has been going much longer than many would have predicted 

BT massively overpaid for the champions league rights to get them from Sky and has it benefiting them? 

What other major sports have they got rights to? 

• Backroom

Neville and co claim it’s all peaceful but it’s clear a few nobheads went too far

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Didn't see the scenes inside the stadium earlier but just seen some footage from outside the ground and it appeared to go well beyond a peaceful protest with smoke flares being let off and metal barriers being chucked about.

Yes and people will see what they want to see. Football fans will see a successful protest while others may see a bunch of "kids" breaking in to a football stadium and running amok.

It's the second view which the BBC images showed on Sunday's 10.00pm news.

Edited by Paul

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes and people will see what they want to see. Football fans will see a successful protest while others may see a bunch of "kids" breaking in to a football stadium and running amok.

It's the second view which the BBC images showed on Sunday's 10.00pm news.

Looked well beyond "a successful protest" to me Paul.

Apart from the initial footage I saw outside the ground of smoke flares and metal barriers being thrown about I saw clips later on of a hail of bottles being thrown at Police Officers.

Inside the ground didn't look as bad but there were still smoke flares and people swinging  on the goal posts and nets.

I'm really surprised that you appear to condone it. I can see why United fans have anti Glazer sentiment even though predictions of their demise on the back of Glazer involvment eventually proved well wide of the mark.

Let's face it though, this was less of a legitimate protest than a bunch of thugs latching on to the situation and using it as an excuse for a good old ruck.

Posted (edited)

In the ground itself it largely looked like young lads swigging Dark Fruits and pissing about over any real principled view against US uber- capitalism.... a bit like the folk on the pitch here in the 90th minute against Oxford.

Always an element of lads enjoying ‘the craic’ at these kind of times... especially when cooped up for 12 months.

Edited by Mattyblue