15 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Well done United fans. Message got across loud and clear.

I actually got in touch with them yesterday and told them what they should do. Send a few emails and throw a snowball.

They told me to ferk off.

I suspect that’s because it’s May and unlikely to snow. 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looked well beyond "a successful protest" to me Paul.

Apart from the initial footage I saw outside the ground of smoke flares and metal barriers being thrown about I saw clips later on of a hail of bottles being thrown at Police Officers.

Inside the ground didn't look as bad but there were still smoke flares and people swinging  on the goal posts and nets.

I'm really surprised that you appear to condone it. I can see why United fans have anti Glazer sentiment even though predictions of their demise on the back of Glazer involvment eventually proved well wide of the mark.

Let's face it though, this was less of a legitimate protest than a bunch of thugs latching on to the situation and using it as an excuse for a good old ruck.

No I don't condone it at all. I see this type of behaviour as completely unproductive. Initially I said this but decided against it and removed it from my post as I don't want to get in to the debate I know will follow.

I do believe in protest but not of this nature and I would never turn out for anything which might go this way. Turning one's back on a match in the stand, emptying the stands in to the concourse etc. I would support but never the scenes at Old Trafford. I wouldn't want to associate myself with it.

Edited by Paul
1 hour ago, Paul said:

No I don't condone it at all. I see this type of behaviour as completely unproductive. Initially I said this but decided against it and removed it from my post as I don't want to get in to the debate I know will follow.

I do believe in protest but not of this nature and I would never turn out for anything which might go this way. Turning one's back on a match in the stand, emptying the stands in to the concourse etc. I would support but never the scenes at Old Trafford. I wouldn't want to associate myself with it.

I agree. I believe 100% in the right protest and the importance of protest. Marches and mass gatherings are fine until they turn unruly and violent. At that point all the issues that the protesters have are forgotten and any sympathy lost. 

Any protests at other grounds next weekend will be seen as copycat events and jumped on by the media as yobs wanting to cause trouble and, as such, ignored. Our own efforts in the early years of Venky occupation came to nothing - as we all know.

There are other ways to protest that will be more effective, will give the owners a clear message and give the media no reason to condemn the actions of the fans - organised , mass boycott. No fans in the ground.

I know a lot of fans would prefer to attend matches and shout their displeasure but that would be seen, mainly,  as a protest against the manager and the football on the pitch rather than the owners.

Many people disagree but I think boycotting is the only protest that will work.

Reclaim the Rovers.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

In the ground itself it largely looked like young lads swigging Dark Fruits and pissing about over any real principled view against US uber- capitalism.... a bit like the folk on the pitch here in the 90th minute against Oxford.

Always an element of lads enjoying ‘the craic’ at these kind of times... especially when cooped up for 12 months.

A few bad apples always spoil the barrel.

The large majority protesting did so peacefully. The idea to block the Lowry would have worked on its own. An unfortunate few got a bit giddy and started throwing barriers and lager bottles. One cop had a nasty face wound. Those idiots make it easy for people who want to belittle the protest to tar them with the hooligan brush.

Those on the pitch did not seem interested in protesting at all. They looked happy to be there. The young lad lying on the top of the net was on cloud nine. How many took footballs and "scored"?

There was a lot of footage over here of the bloke with his jeans halfway down his backside who threw the camera tripod, lost a shoe, and was generally messing around. Above all he looked like he'd had a skin full and wasn't someone who was in a state to coherently debate the issues at hand. 

The protestors succeeded in making a statement. Will it affect anything? I doubt it. The Glazers have a superbowl winner at the mo, and are hopeful for a good run at a second. This will gloss over any bad press they receive over the protests. 

If Man U fans manage to get a Tampa Bay game called off, that would make waves.

Getting into the ground was a masterstroke (albeit illegal) and once there a peaceful, sit down protest should have ensued perhaps staying there for an hour or two. Lots of supporters over the years have protested outside their stadiums and these have proved futile, case in point Rovers. There are still poor owners allowed to buy clubs by the authorities and then show disdain and a lack of respect for the history and traditions of those clubs. The idiots who threw things, stole items and generally caused mayhem did the cause no good. Looking at the footage alcohol played a part in the behaviour of some and they could expect an early morning knock from the police.

It should be the FA and respective leagues taking up the cudgel on behalf of the fans now but I think they will ride the storm and revert to type as toothless, self serving organisations where cash is king.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

If Man U fans manage to get a Tampa Bay game called off, that would make waves.

They did the same at Tampa as they did at the training ground the other day.....nobody reported it.

It’s no coincidence that the Utd pond life we’re rioting to get the game stopped yesterday, they didn’t want their team to hand the title to City by getting beat by Liverpool on the own pitch. 

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They did the same at Tampa as they did at the training ground the other day.....nobody reported it.

They did? What happened at the training ground? I have no idea, probably because of a lack or reporting :). 

14 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

They did? What happened at the training ground? I have no idea, probably because of a lack or reporting :). 

They broke through security and went and confronted Solskaer, Matic and Carrick apparently...you will find it on Google or something 

Posted (edited)

I would normally never condone this sort of thing but I fully applaud the united fans for what they did.

how many times are fans going to hold banners up and try and get there feelings heard by peaceful marches and protests. Boycotts that don’t touch the clubs finances due to global markets . They get a few days media coverage and lip service paid to before being swept under the carpet and it’s business as normal. 

there was always going to be some dickhead minorities going to far and just doing it to film it on there phones and upload to fb but getting a live sky match as big as united v Liverpool called off, blocking players from leaving hotels, holding banners saying “ we decide when you play “ throwing sky cameras was perfect. 

it demonstrated we will not be ignored anymore . Enough is enough and we have the power. 

a proper protest that will actually make a difference .

nothing but my full support

well done united fans

Edited by Oldgregg86
6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I would normally never condone this sort of thing but I fully applaud the united fans for what they did.

how many times are fans going to hold banners up and try and get there feelings heard by peaceful marches and protests. Boycotts that don’t touch the clubs finances due to global markets . They get a few days media coverage and lip service paid to before being swept under the carpet and it’s business as normal. 

there was always going to be some dickhead minorities going to far and just doing it to film it on there phones and upload to fb but getting a live sky match as big as united v Liverpool called off, blocking players from leaving hotels, holding banners saying “ we decide when you play “ throwing sky cameras was perfect. 

it demonstrated we will not be ignored anymore . Enough is enough and we have the power. 

a proper protest that will actually make a difference .

nothing but my full support

well done united fans

Pains me to say but I agree.

On 02/05/2021 at 13:58, chaddyrovers said:

BT massively overpaid for the champions league rights to get them from Sky and has it benefiting them? 

What other major sports have they got rights to? 

I can't speak to what BT has but if they are putting their sport division up for sale I wouldn't look much past Amazon as the buyer. Whatever BT are selling for is a drop in the ocean to Amazon. I wonder how worried Sky are? 

I'll bring this up here too regarding Man U's fixture pile up.

BDS's link to Sky Sports; Man Utd vs Leicester: Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire set to feature in Premier League match | Football News | Sky Sports

There is plenty to digest from it. 

Who is Solskjaer kidding about the title race? City need 3 points from 3 games to win the league. They'll get that easily.

Man U can play who they want. I have no issue with that at all. 

Why didn't Solskjaer rest players against Roma? They were 6-2 up.

Will Klopp moan and groan if Man U B play tomorrow, and the first 11 play against Liverpool? 

With the news of Edinson Cavani getting a new deal at Man U, I was reminded of Man U's decision not to keep Odion Ighalo. It struck me as a case of self-defeating pomposity by Man U. Ighalo impressed in his stint and scored goals when he started in the cups (some spectacular ones too). At 31, he has some good years left and Man U desperate needed a forward, having never replaced Lukaku and new signing Cavani being 34 and evidently not able to play every game.

My impression is that Ighalo didn't fit the image for Man U, with his best years having been at the 'humble' surrounds of Watford and Granada. The only other reason could be financial issues with securing him from Shanghai. On football grounds, Ighalo seemed a very handy player for Man U and yet, instead, we hear patronising stories of him fulfilling his dream of stepping onto the pitch at Old Trafford as a Utd player and of being the first Nigerian to represent the club, as if he won some kind of lottery to play for them.

Edited by riverholmes