BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League Stuff

On 15/05/2021 at 16:39, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good to see Burnley battered. It's all the football fun I get these days. 

You mean you didn't enjoy seeing us secure our league status for another season in the Premier League? 😁

But yeah, all round poor performance by us - I'm going on Weds to watch us against Liverpool so hoping for a better display!

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

You mean you didn't enjoy seeing us secure our league status for another season in the Premier League? 😁

But yeah, all round poor performance by us - I'm going on Weds to watch us against Liverpool so hoping for a better display!

I hope you win v Liverpool

Be interesting to see what sort of state your mob are in next season Longers. It could be a difficult season. I certainly hope so 😉 

What was the procedure for getting a ticket ?

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I hope you win v Liverpool

I wouldn't hold your breath

18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Be interesting to see what sort of state your mob are in next season Longers. It could be a difficult season. I certainly hope so 😉 

A big summer ahead - who will we sell and how much money will be made available to replace and add under the new owners will be enlightening. Dyche is fabulous for us but even he will struggle without funds to rebuild a little - and that assumes he doesn't get an offer and leaves. So given that every season is difficult for us the next one, without squad investment, will be close to impossible.

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What was the procedure for getting a ticket ?

It was pretty simple - as a season ticket holder you went online and applied for the ballot. If you were successful (I was) you went back online, filled in a bit of a health survey and got sent a QR code as the ticket. All free (which is nice) with just a request you donate to an NHS charity.

16 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath

A big summer ahead - who will we sell and how much money will be made available to replace and add under the new owners will be enlightening. Dyche is fabulous for us but even he will struggle without funds to rebuild a little - and that assumes he doesn't get an offer and leaves. So given that every season is difficult for us the next one, without squad investment, will be close to impossible.

It was pretty simple - as a season ticket holder you went online and applied for the ballot. If you were successful (I was) you went back online, filled in a bit of a health survey and got sent a QR code as the ticket. All free (which is nice) with just a request you donate to an NHS charity.

Fair play to you on the tickets. Waggot would've priced them at £100 each due to supply & demand.

No 🙂

But I also hope you beat Liverpool and stop them getting in the CL cos of their ESL nonsense. 

How will recruitment and signings go under the owners now? Will Mike Rigg play a bigger part in recruitment and who will have the final decision on signings? 

How has the new ownership gone with the fanbase?

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How will recruitment and signings go under the owners now? Will Mike Rigg play a bigger part in recruitment and who will have the final decision on signings? 

How has the new ownership gone with the fanbase?

So far the new owners have said all the right things - but we will really know if we see words become actions. So far I'd say the fans are content. Personally I am very very worried about the leveraged nature of the buyout.

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The Dyche to Palace rumours seem to be gathering momentum............

I don't know - it's been doing the rounds for a few years. I could certainly see it but equally he is well rewarded and has a lot of control at Burnley - as he himself said recently he is still a manger in that old sense of the word where he controls large parts of the club outside the playing staff. Not sure what the set up at Palace would be. They also have a habit of being quick on the trigger. Then again I can't see many others coming to call for him so he might view it as a step towards being more highly regarded. 

Just now, longsiders1882 said:

I don't know - it's been doing the rounds for a few years. I could certainly see it but equally he is well rewarded and has a lot of control at Burnley - as he himself said recently he is still a manger in that old sense of the word where he controls large parts of the club outside the playing staff. Not sure what the set up at Palace would be. They also have a habit of being quick on the trigger. Then again I can't see many others coming to call for him so he might view it as a step towards being more highly regarded. 

If he did go there you should appoint Wilder ASAP before someone else does.

So far the new owners have said all the right things - but we will really know if we see words become actions. So far I'd say the fans are content. Personally I am very very worried about the leveraged nature of the buyout.

what do you mean the leveraged nature of the buyout? How did the owners do it?

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Fingers crossed they're as shit as ours. Otherwise there really is no justice in the world. 

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Kane has put in a transfer request.  He wants to remain in England.  Can't see spurs selling to another English team.  My bet is psg

Levy will sell to the highest bidder.

He'll be at Utd before the Euros if I had to guess. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Levy will sell to the highest bidder.

He'll be at Utd before the Euros if I had to guess. 

I think man utd or City would be ideal for them. Cant rule out psg.  MP knows kane better than anyone.  He wouldn’t have to be at his best in the French league

Just now, roverandout said:

I think man utd or City would be ideal for them. Cant rule out psg.  MP knows kane better than anyone.  He wouldn’t have to be at his best in the French league

I bet he wants that PL goalscoring record...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Kane has put in a transfer request.  He wants to remain in England.  Can't see spurs selling to another English team.  My bet is psg

I reckon Chelsea would be his first choice (if they secure CL football). Tuchel is going to have them seriously challenging for the title next season. Being London-based will help, too. And Chelsea can probably compete with City on wages (and transfer fee).

If I was Kane, I'd steer clear of United. Ole might have brought a bit of pride back to them, but I can't see them finishing in as high as they have next season. Liverpool won't do anywhere near as bad, and Chelsea will be a force to be reckoned with. United still seem like an unsettled club throughout.

OK, back to the reality of being a Rovers supporter. 🤪

Edited by Meesh

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what do you mean the leveraged nature of the buyout? How did the owners do it?

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

They borrowed the money, essentially mortgaging BFC.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Fingers crossed they're as shit as ours. Otherwise there really is no justice in the world. 

So as far as I understand it they bought the club by putting up about 15 million, using 50 million the club had in the bank and borrowing the rest from Michael Dell at an eye watering interest rate. At least your owners, for all their faults, actually do have some serious money.