Premier League Stuff

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Dyche lives in Northants

And yes, I'd rather live in east Lancs than London

Does Dyche commute every day? Personally and I have lived and worked in both. I think London has more to offer than Burnley

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Does Dyche commute every day? Personally and I have lived and worked in both. I think London has more to offer than Burnley

I got told he rents local. Not sure but i think in Whalley

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He flatmates with Mowbray and Venus?

Might be a fatal four way with them and the Burnley coach Dyche lives with....

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2021 at 19:21, K-Hod said:

He lives in the  Ribble Valley when he’s up here tbh. Seen him knocking about...

Saw him in Clitheroe a while ago, having a beer with Woan, the Friday before a match. Assumed he lived in that area, back then. 

Some interesting rumours flying around Glasgow today linking Steven Gerrard with the Everton job. Possibly started by Celtic fans' wishful thinking?

I can't see it happening myself but it would set the cat among the pigeons in Glasgow and Liverpool that one!

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Everton fan as kid, wasn’t he? But then pretended he wasn’t, like Carragher?

Nah, he was as a definite red. Clarified it in his book.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He's a deluded prick.

Certainly is. His behaviour/words after we were relegated still make my blood boil. 

Posted (edited)

It seems that Norwich's Argentine midfielder, Emiliano Buendia, is the transfer target of Arsenal and Villa. I wonder what hope promoted clubs have if their best players are sold off before a ball is even kicked in the topflight campaign. Is there precedent for this? I imagine what a disaster it would have been for Rovers had Jansen, Duff or Dunn been sold at the end of our promotion season.

I suppose the sad reality is that Norwich are probably seriously planning for relegation and how to stay on the coat tails of the Prem, as a contingency. Brentford's Ivan Toney is also attracting interest, though, the Buendia one seems to be actually happening.

It seems to me that the economic gaps between the Premier League and the rest and, perhaps, internally, to the Premier League, between top and bottom, is becoming greater. I don't have the stats for this, so would be interested to know if there are any.

The success of Leicester and, this season, West Ham, and big spending of Everton and others gives the impression of a competitive league but I wonder if the statistics bear this out, in terms of finances and what it takes to compete.

Edited by riverholmes

Really surprised about Nuno leaving Wolves. I presumed that he had another job lined up. On what basis did he leave? He wasn't sacked I don't think. Did he want to leave? If I were Wolves I'd have done my damnedest to keep him. He's  turned a perennial championship side into an established Premier League side. Form had slipped a bit this season, but they sold good players that clearly weakened the side. I can see Wolves reverting to type and a relegation in a season or 2.

1 hour ago, DanLad said:

Really surprised about Nuno leaving Wolves. I presumed that he had another job lined up. On what basis did he leave? He wasn't sacked I don't think. Did he want to leave? If I were Wolves I'd have done my damnedest to keep him. He's  turned a perennial championship side into an established Premier League side. Form had slipped a bit this season, but they sold good players that clearly weakened the side. I can see Wolves reverting to type and a relegation in a season or 2.

"Mutual agreement" i think it said. 

Which probably means sacked but gets presented as mutual agreement to make it look nicer to the manager.

Fosun's money and a decent agent plus a very good manager turned Wolves into a PL outfit.

The manager change is because the owners are forward thinking and want better.

No chance that Wolves will slip back to Division 2.

Fosun are not Venkys.

• 2 weeks later...