BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League Stuff

On 25/06/2021 at 15:00, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Grealish rumoured to be off to City....just as he has entered contract talks with Villa. 

Manchester City want Jack Grealish but Aston Villa intend to stand firm | Transfer window | The Guardian

That’s it with City, they won the league in a canter but they still want Kane and Grealish. Two starting players every close season is what is needed. We signed Matty Holmes.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Feel a bit (only a tiny, tiny bit) for Everton's owner as he's backed all his managers and none have broken through to the next level. Not sure Benitez will do so anyway and seems a bit hamstrung from the start. Still at least their bitter rival manager has won a few things unlike the one season wonder/has been that we got. 

Not sure they would go for it or the fans would like it but Dyche would have been ideal at getting Everton's resources to stretch further. 

As for Spurs Nuno seems the latest chap although the fans aren't happy with that either. Mind you I see there point, not wanted at Wolves yet gets the Spurs job. If they had identified him early on and thought he was the right fit, a thought through appointment the fans may have gone for it. As it is it reeks of desperation and anyone will do. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Feel a bit (only a tiny, tiny bit) for Everton's owner as he's backed all his managers and none have broken through to the next level. Not sure Benitez will do so anyway and seems a bit hamstrung from the start. Still at least their bitter rival manager has won a few things unlike the one season wonder/has been that we got. 

Not sure they would go for it or the fans would like it but Dyche would have been ideal at getting Everton's resources to stretch further. 

As for Spurs Nuno seems the latest chap although the fans aren't happy with that either. Mind you I see there point, not wanted at Wolves yet gets the Spurs job. If they had identified him early on and thought he was the right fit, a thought through appointment the fans may have gone for it. As it is it reeks of desperation and anyone will do. 

Pochettino was also unwanted at Espanyol, ended up at Spurs

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Pochettino was also unwanted at Espanyol, ended up at Spurs

Via a successful stint at Southampton though? Don't get me wrong managers rejected by a club doesn't mean they are terrible but it's not like he has been on Spurs radar until they have missed out on a host of targets. Hardly suggests it's a shrewd appointment. 

Everton, Palace etc all jobs Dyche types would’ve been offered a decade ago. We used to see it here with the likes of Hughes.

Alas, now they just don’t, they want ‘progressive’ appointments and all that, which is perfect for that lot who just carry on merrily hoovering up the cash…

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I wonder how well,  Nuno will do without the super agent and vice versa , Wolves were in free fall last season ...Odd appointment by Spurs and possibly Wolves..

As for Rafa , Everton fans won't like his dire defensive  football..But hey ho the roundabout will start again in 12 months time...

Edited by Waggy76

Posted (edited)

When Nuno left Wolves I presumed that a deal with Spurs had already been done. Not sure how he'd do there. Spurs are their own kind poisoned chalice.

Edited by DanLad
Typo

Sancho to Man U looks to be a done deal.

I've not seen much of him but he is considered the second coming by many.

Man U need a centre half and a decent midfielder though if they are to crack on.

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Sancho to Man U looks to be a done deal.

I've not seen much of him but he is considered the second coming by many.

Man U need a centre half and a decent midfielder though if they are to crack on.

Good player but not sure if it's the right move ( club ) for him but it might get him more caps for England. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57674033

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Viera in at Palace. I don’t think that’ll end well.

It will for vieira. A few million quid for four months work . Not bad if you can get it 

Posted (edited)

For a club that needs PL football as it rebuilds its stadium and training ground alongside a big wage bill, that’s a hell of a risky appointment… you’d think they’d have learnt after the De Boer debacle.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 01/07/2021 at 06:24, Mattyblue said:

Everton, Palace etc all jobs Dyche types would’ve been offered a decade ago. We used to see it here with the likes of Hughes.

Alas, now they just don’t, they want ‘progressive’ appointments and all that, which is perfect for that lot who just carry on merrily hoovering up the cash…

Seems the obsession with foreign managers continues apace. Whilst its good for us it isn't great for upcoming English or British managers. That said perhaps some of them need to do what some of the younger players have done to get game time and go work in Europe? Though they now probably need to get to the PL as a manager before they would qualify for a visa so that road maybe largely closed to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle have no senior goalkeepers available for their next friendly because Karl Darlow has tested positive and the other senior goalkeepers are considered as close contacts so have to isolate. I wonder how many times that we will see similar situations and if it was a league game would it be cancelled?

Premier league player has been arrested for child sex offences. Looks like Adam Johnson will have some company. Wonder if the player in question will plead Gylfi, I mean Guilty.. damn autocorrect. 

So the press trying to keep the identity of the player arrested anonymous worked well. One article said "a 31 year old premier league player has been arrested on Friday" a second "Everton have confirmed they have suspended a player pending investigation" 

Now there's only two 31 year olds in the squad and one of them played against us the day after the arrest was made. 

52 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

So the press trying to keep the identity of the player arrested anonymous worked well. One article said "a 31 year old premier league player has been arrested on Friday" a second "Everton have confirmed they have suspended a player pending investigation" 

Now there's only two 31 year olds in the squad and one of them played against us the day after the arrest was made. 

I was told it was a certain Danish goalkeeper earlier. Rhymes with Michael

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks to be wide of the mark that one. Ignoring the fact Everton have confirmed they've suspended a player, the only Danish goalkeeper I can think of who's name rhymes with Michael is 34. Police have confirmed the player is 31.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

It took me far longer than it should have to solve that riddle. Slow day for me!