BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League Stuff

I don't know why they give out enough information to find out who it is but don't put the name out there.

Not sure of any details on why he's been arrested, some speculation (and it is just that) that he was "sexting" a 15 year old. 

Too late now, everyone knows who it is and no matter what happens now, he's name is in the mud and presumably his career is done as well.

Obviously, if he's guilty then he should be punished accordingly and his career would deservedly be over but what if he's actually innocent though? He's never going to shake this and the abuse he'd get from the stands would be unbelievable.

On 20/07/2021 at 12:35, Mattyblue said:

845F24BB-75A1-43D1-B51F-6736CBAA5EA5.jpeg

Heard this morning that he'd been with a hooker but she was 15, they tried to blackmail him for £1m but he refused. Looking at 4 years and out of Everton. Obviously no idea whether this is true or not.

I knew someone who was in a night club in Manchester with some friends. A handsome black haired chap kept waving her over to join him. She said to her mate, "Look at that big head. Who does he think he is?"

She was told it was George Best. She said, " I don't care who it is. He can sod off."

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, lsp82 said:

Benitez will take Everton down this season! 3 nil down to Manure after 30 mins. 

My daughter took the grandkids, the boy is a utd supporter, told him he's out of my will 😞

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Messi should have come to the epl. Going to a farmers league is the easy option.  Plastic clubs like psg are what's wrong with football 

I know it's a popular debate (certainly down my local anyway), but this, for me, is why I'd choose Ronaldo over Messi. He's proved himself in England, Spain & Italy, plus he drags his country kicking & screaming through competitions.

Messi has only ever done it in Spain & goes missing for Argentina when they're struggling. I was hoping he might come to the Prem & possibly prove me wrong. As you say, easy (and extremely lucrative) option going to PSG.

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Messi should have come to the epl. Going to a farmers league is the easy option.  Plastic clubs like psg are what's wrong with football 

Wouldn't Chelsea and City also fall into your category of "plastic clubs" having benefitted enormously from foreign investment.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wouldn't Chelsea and City also fall into your category of "plastic clubs" having benefitted enormously from foreign investment.

Psg were nobody's before the oil money. At least city and Chelsea had previous success.  I think psg were only formed in 1970

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

I know it's a popular debate (certainly down my local anyway), but this, for me, is why I'd choose Ronaldo over Messi. He's proved himself in England, Spain & Italy, plus he drags his country kicking & screaming through competitions.

Messi has only ever done it in Spain & goes missing for Argentina when they're struggling. I was hoping he might come to the Prem & possibly prove me wrong. As you say, easy (and extremely lucrative) option going to PSG.

Absolutely, more about the money than the challenge. Does he not have enough already? Would have loved to see if he could do the business in the EPL. He probably could of course, but seems to have chosen money and a guaranteed title each year.

The idea that Lionel Messi has anything at all to prove is an odd one. He's done it all, won everything possible apart from the World Cup, smashed bucketloads of goals past the best teams in Europe for 15 years both in the league and the Champions League. And he's an absolute joy to watch and is possibly the best player ever - or did he need to join City, who've won the PL as often as PSG have won Ligue 1 in the last five years, and score a hat-trick in yet another 5-0 romp against Burnley to prove that?

Considering he thought he was staying at Barca until a few days ago, I don't know how anyone can blame him for joining what appears to be the only club in for him. Great chance to win another CL too.

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Absolutely, more about the money than the challenge. Does he not have enough already? Would have loved to see if he could do the business in the EPL. He probably could of course, but seems to have chosen money and a guaranteed title each year.

Messi is a genius, and had the added luxury of playing with top class players who made it even easier for him. He has been a joy to watch.

I would have loved to see him in the Prem, alas it's not to be. He doesn't have long left and in all likelihood only City would have been able to finagle their finances to afford him. Messi would have meant a complete change of approach for Guardiola, but he doesn't need to sacrifice anything as he's already winning.

PSG struggle in the latter stages of the Champs League due to the paucity of competition in Ligue Un. They are improving though. Their hope is that they have enough winners, albeit many at the end of their careers in the team now, to go for it.  

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

It's a debate I can't for the life of me understand, not due to pinning my colours to the mast one way or another but because even though they are the two best players of this generation the gulf between the two in my eyes is enormous. 

We all loved Tuguy. Why. Because he was a genius. A creative master who saw things others couldn't. Now I'm not discrediting Ronaldo. He's a physical beast, a mentality monster and a ruthless killer. But he has none of the beauty of a player who sees and plays the game his own way and to his own beat. Messi just is. He's the greatest dribbler, the greatest passer, finisher. The best winger, number 10, false 9, playmaker. Throughout his career I've watched him do things that were unimaginable. And when I say unimaginable I mean that he'd do things where its not only the execution but the idea behind it. 

That's my peice on the overall debate. Fully agree with you though that it is disappointing beyond belief to see him choose the French league. Mainly because he is giving up the opportunity to silence the very weak argument that you have put forwards. That Ronaldo has done it in multiple countries as whatever Messi has had in front of him he has destroyed. But it is probably good for him to get out of Barca. They helped make him. But they are a basket case of a club these days. In terms of the current debate between them. I think they are both stat padding a bit these days. Endless penalties and decimating smaller clubs. It has been great to witness them both though. 

I see people on social media calling Messi and Ronaldo the best 2 players ever,if you ask me Pele and Maradona would have had a field day playing these days where you cant touch a forward without getting booked,they were hacked and wacked all game long but still did what they did.

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I know it's a popular debate (certainly down my local anyway), but this, for me, is why I'd choose Ronaldo over Messi. He's proved himself in England, Spain & Italy, plus he drags his country kicking & screaming through competitions.

He’s just won the Copa for Argentina where he was player of the tournament (by a country mile). Don’t forget he was also player of the tournament at the WC in 2014 too. 
As for ‘drags his country kicking & screaming’, check out his hat trick away to Ecuador when he single handedly took them to the World Cup. The very definition of your term.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Messi is far and away the better of the two. Echoing what ben the beast says there is a gulf between the two that i struggle to see how they are even comparable. When the question gets asked to former great players who haven't played with either of them the answer usually is Messi for bens reasons above. Its strange but you can almost tell who is going to be a Messi or Ronaldo fan simply by personality. For years i ask people and make an assumption and I'm rarely wrong. Try it and you will know what i mean

not a great fan of arsenal but i hope they stuff brentford tonight,i dislike their arrogant manager and the way they throw themselves to the floor at every opportunity,i don`t think it will work in the premier league because it`s so skewed towards the big clubs when it comes to decisions,here`s hoping they have a **** season and end up back in the championship☺️