33 minutes ago, Tom said:

When City have an off day they are terrible to watch, in the first half they took a corner back to their own half way line.

Klopps done a poor job overall at Anfield but they've done a number on them today 

Guardiola's Barcelona teams used to do this - one of the many reasons I disliked watching them 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure where to put this. I always find these signs a laugh. But have a new favourite. The Dingles are in town.

*sigh* Yes, all lives matter. That is what the BLM movement is about. No one has said that white lives don't matter. When the police created the blue lives matter, did you or other people complai

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Guardiola's Barcelona teams used to do this - one of the many reasons I disliked watching them 

Indeed

I've also just noticed I wrote 'own half way line' which is an absolute nonsense term, I'll blame these antibiotics that are doing a number on me at the moment!

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Klopps done a poor job overall at Anfield but they've done a number on them today 

I disagree. Klopp may not have won Liverpool the League but he has improved them. He was an Alberto Moreno horror show away from a UEFA Cup win, and he has got them into the knockout stages of the Champs League for the first time in 8 seasons. Even with COutinho leaving they have Keita coming who will improve them, and if he signs a decent keeper (rumours of Butland from Stoke are circulating) they'll be an even better outfit next season.

On their day they'll beat any team in Europe. Unfortunately he hasn't yet cured their sieve like defending.

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

Indeed

I've also just noticed I wrote 'own half way line' which is an absolute nonsense term, I'll blame these antibiotics that are doing a number on me at the moment!

This made me laugh. I use that term too, always have done. I never thought anything about it until now.   

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Liverpool 4-1 Man Citeh as I write. It is nice to have a break from the Guardiola bukkake fest if it stays like this. Pep does not know how to defend against teams with lethal pace and incision like Citeh themselves have. Defend well, hassle the Citeh defence relentlessly and you may have a chance.

:lol:

Martin O’ Neill rejects Stoke. 

Not a great start for Stoke in their search for new gaffer.

Its strange how a premier league team of what 10 years? Can be an unattractive prospect for managers. Even Rowett was heavily linked but opted for a new Derby contract instead.

Yes, Berahino turned for the Man Utd game 24hrs early but they can’t be that bad?

Perhaps surprisingly Paul Lambert is now the favourite for Stoke. Think he'd do ok there i.e. make them harder to beat and keep them up though for some reason Stoke seem to think they should be doing better than surviving. Gary Megson also high up the list of odds. 

I liked Lambert here but it would highlight a real lack of good managers if he got a premier league job after two middling short term spells in the league below.

Still expecting Sparky to rock up at the Dingledome when Dyche eventually gets bored 

Just now, Tom said:

I was besotted with Lambert and wanted to father his children. Shit manager though. It would highlight a real lack of good managers if he got a premier league job after two middling short term spells in the league below.

Still expecting Sparky to rock up at the Dingledome when Dyche eventually gets bored 

What you meant.

Just now, JHRover said:

Perhaps surprisingly Paul Lambert is now the favourite for Stoke. Think he'd do ok there i.e. make them harder to beat and keep them up though for some reason Stoke seem to think they should be doing better than surviving. Gary Megson also high up the list of odds. 

Christ on a bike, are they that desperate?

Get him in Stoke then he can buy Ward and Bennett for 20m.

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Liverpool 4-1 Man Citeh as I write. It is nice to have a break from the Guardiola bukkake fest if it stays like this. Pep does not know how to defend against teams with lethal pace and incision like Citeh themselves have. Defend well, hassle the Citeh defence relentlessly and you may have a chance.

Very harsh indeed.. They've only dropped five points all season for heavens sake.

Unlike jim I also find Pep's team's sensational to watch as a neutral. From an entertainment point of view Klopp's too albeit I'm not convinced by him.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

I liked Lambert here but it would highlight a real lack of good managers if he got a premier league job after two middling short term spells in the league below.

Given Sparkys recent record at QPR and Stoke that might not be a bad thing for us.

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Very harsh indeed.. They've only dropped five points all season for heavens sake.

Unlike jim I also find Pep's team's sensational to watch as a neutral. From an entertainment point of view Klopp's too albeit I'm not convinced by him.

I didn't say that. I love watching City, which plays a very different, fast high-tempo game compared to his Barcelona side. Barcelona bored me to tears and I frequently switched off when they were on TV. . 

Edited by jim mk2

Think that's a decent appointment for Stoke. He kept Villa and Norwich up both of which were weaker and more difficult circumstances than Stoke.

They'll get lambasted for it because:

1) He's British and they don't like British managers in the Premier League

2) He's managed recently in the Championship (all those moaning about younger British managers not getting chances in the Premier League will go quiet)

We live in an era where a Spaniard by the name of Quique Sanches Flores whose sole pedigree in English football was an ok season at Watford is seen as sensible, ambitious, progressive etc. whereas the prospect of people with proven track records at numerous clubs like O'Neill and Lambert as seen as backward steps or dull appointments. No wonder British football is in the state it is.

Lambert's experience and knowledge of British football in the Premier League and Championship likely to be vastly superior to Sanches Flores.