BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

You can TECHNICALLY leave the command out of that (although we teach putting it in), as it would be smoother to read. The lack of comma before the word 'but', however, is shocking!

I hate being a teacher; it makes me do this!

Just like those pesky commas we can technically leave out of expanded noun phrases.  English is painful!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just like those pesky commas we can technically leave out of expanded noun phrases.  English is painful!

English is painful, try learning Spanish.

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

Uno grande San Miguel por favor. Easy enough if you ask me. 

Tengo hambre, necesito una cerveza. Blackburn necesita tres puntos mínimos el domingo, harry redknapp es un @#/?o y peligroso. Mike Cheston es una maravilla ;)

========

I'm hungry, i need a beer. Blackburn need three points minimum on Sunday, harry redknapp is a @#/? and dangerous driver. Mike Cheston is a bellend

Edited by Dunnfc

In this Social Media age, I thought my first missive as Trust Chair was okay. I actually concentrated on the right tone rather than what I vaguely remember from Form 4C at QEGS and Dishington's  grammar lessons.

So I had it checked 3 times ,changed it and then sent it out without a moment's hesitation.

Thank Goodness I have Mike E now available for future messages.

Meanwhile, watch Football Focus on BBC at 12 noon on Saturday and buy Monday's LT if we lose. Big Features.

Now packing for Brentford...Kew Bridge Tavern on Saturday night if anyone is down in West London!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Tengo hambre, necesito una cerveza. Blackburn necesita tres puntos mínimos el domingo, harry redknapp es un @#/?o y peligroso. Mike Cheston es una maravilla ;)

========

I'm hungry, i need a beer. Blackburn need three points minimum on Sunday, harry redknapp is a @#/? and dangerous driver. Mike Cheston is a bellend

ฉันหิวฉันต้องการเบียร์ แบล็คเบิร์ต้องมีแต้มต่ำสุดสามแต้มในวันอาทิตย์แฮรี่ redknapp คือ @ # /? และคนขับที่อันตราย ไมค์เชสตันเป็นระฆัง ;)

Edit: in Thai it reads "redknapp harry"

I know the Thai for @#/? But best not ;)

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 hours ago, mhead said:

In this Social Media age, I thought my first missive as Trust Chair was okay. I actually concentrated on the right tone rather than what I vaguely remember from Form 4C at QEGS and Dishington's  grammar lessons.

So I had it checked 3 times ,changed it and then sent it out without a moment's hesitation.

Thank Goodness I have Mike E now available for future messages.

Meanwhile, watch Football Focus on BBC at 12 noon on Saturday and buy Monday's LT if we lose. Big Features.

Now packing for Brentford...Kew Bridge Tavern on Saturday night if anyone is down in West London!

Why will the LT only print your Big Features if we lose? Surely it's just as important even if we win?

If we escape on Sunday and Brum or Forest go down, for a while there will be an optimistic feel and the effect on the town and the staff of the Club will not be as catastrophic. So it won't be as immediate and newsworthy.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Why will the LT only print your Big Features if we lose? Surely it's just as important even if we win?

Very true. If we score a goal in the 90th minute to keep us up, it shouldn't mean that a piece which would be relevant if we didn't score that goal, should be swept under the carpet.

1 hour ago, mhead said:

If we escape on Sunday and Brum or Forest go down, for a while there will be an optimistic feel and the effect on the town and the staff of the Club will not be as catastrophic. So it won't be as immediate and newsworthy.

Not having a go, and I imagine it's a damned if you do/don't situation, but if a last gap win makes the news less relevant then I'd question its relevance at all.

Is our overall situation likely to improve if we stay up? If not and the story is for the greater good then surely it's publish or be damned.

Hope this isn't the next 'dossier'...

Love the Spanish sentences on here now and I must be getting better, as I understood it all apart form the last word. I would questions Tengo hambre though is surely Tengo sed necesito una cerveza. Antes de manana, esta possible, neceistio mucho mas!

Saw the Football Focus feature. Is John Murray on here? Well done on getting the message across. I thought you struck a fair balance and tried to be constructive in your anti-Venky's message, and also laid out the fans fears for the future re Administartion etc.

One small criticism if I may :o Not sure of the value of telling folk 'we're the most successful town club in the country'. It sounds a bit entitled to me and dilutes the real message, but I might be wrong and some context may have been lost in the editing. Surely the message is simply 'Venky's Out, they've destroyed a community club'.

Genuine thanks for all your efforts, you came across very well.

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Saw the Football Focus feature. Is John Murray on here? Well done on getting the message across. I thought you struck a fair balance and tried to be constructive in your anti-Venky's message, and also laid out the fans fears for the future re Administartion etc.

One small criticism if I may :o Not sure of the value of telling folk 'we're the most successful town club in the country'. It sounds a bit entitled to me and dilutes the real message, but I might be wrong and some context may have been lost in the editing. Surely the message is simply 'Venky's Out, they've destroyed a community club'.

Genuine thanks for all your efforts, you came across very well.

Yes, he's mhead.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Michael Doherty said:

Excellent appearance by John Murray on Football Focus just now. 

I agree...BUT they edited out so much of his contribution in favour of meaningless pundit babble.

Just three words in one paper this morning said more than this whole Football Focus feature..."relentless asset stripping"....

"Editing" is a real problem for our attempts to get our story heard.

More of John's contribution survived than one of my own on Sky. They cut out the whole thing after I happened to mention agents and the "Who owns Blackburn Rovers?" question...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I agree...BUT they edited out so much of his contribution in favour of meaningless pundit babble.

Just three words in one paper this morning said more than this whole Football Focus feature..."relentless asset stripping"....

"Editing" is a real problem for our attempts to get our story heard.

More of John's contribution survived than one of my own on Sky. They cut out the whole thing after I happened to mention agents and the "Who owns Blackburn Rovers?" question...

On the upside BBC Football Focus is watched by multi millions in the UK and across the Globe.

As well as in the UK it is shown live by International broadcasters and live streaming sites some of which are actually legal. Very soon if not already it will be on Websites, YouTube and Torrent sites.

Huge publicity for the cause that otherwise could not be arranged never mind paid for.

For example, millions more Indians throughout India now know about Rovers and trouble with Venkys. The tuned in expecting ManUre and Chelski LOL

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

On the upside BBC Football Focus is watched by multi millions in the UK and across the Globe.

As well as in the UK it is shown live by International broadcasters and live streaming sites some of which are actually legal. Very soon if not already it will be on Websites, YouTube and Torrent sites.

Huge publicity for the cause that otherwise could not be arranged never mind paid for.

For example, millions more Indians throughout India now know about Rovers and trouble with Venkys. The tuned in expecting ManUre and Chelski LOL

Of course, you are right. It is good publicity. I am just frustrated for John that his contribution was edited in that way...