BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

18 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Fibbing? I've no axe to grind.🤷‍♂️

Not seen much myself so ill look forward to seeing a new concerted effort .

Are you a member of the Trust Sparks? It would be worth a tenner surely to properly influence its work and not just come across as a serial criticiser?

Join here  https://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/ or DM me. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd love to join, what are the benefits and what impact can we have?

Most of the info is on the website - this is a useful page https://www.roverstrust.com/about-us/

I would add that the more members the trust has, the louder it’s voice will be. We have done a lot of work behind the scenes but we want to step things up now and once I’ve recovered from a forthcoming operation I will be tasked with increasing membership, which I will do 😉

Many people were prepared to pay around a tenner to stream a Rovers game from an empty stadium last season - it’s not a lot to ask to pay the same amount for annual membership and to try and protect the club and it’s heritage.

I’ll get off my soap box for now but as above - DM me if you want any further details and I know that John, the chair of the Trust is always happy for people to contact him for info too at chair@roverstrust.co.uk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Are you a member of the Trust Sparks? It would be worth a tenner surely to properly influence its work and not just come across as a serial criticiser?

Join here  https://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/ or DM me. 

Serial? All I did was ask if the trust is getting out there considering the situation. 

22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Serial? All I did was ask if the trust is getting out there considering the situation. 

Maybe that was a bit harsh but you did come across as being a bit snipey. It’s easy to pass comment from the sidelines but we are all volunteers and I can say with some certainty that we will not be involved in calling for x, y or z manager’s head (whatever our personal views on the incumbent may be). What we are lobbying for is for better governance and quicker decision making within the club, among other things. 

• Like 3

Just signed up there myself, in fairness 10 quid for an annual membership is nothing at the end of the day.

I think its a great idea and is definately something that should be pushed out to as many people as possible to become members.

You'll obviously get the few numpties on Facebook and Twitter but there definately seems to be a majority from what I can see on Twitter that know we will be forever in a state of limbo with the Venkys owning us. Obviously with all of us here singing from the same hymn sheet as far as that goes I don't see any reason why we wouldn't all get behind it.

Edited by Irish_Rover
  • Like 7

On 06/11/2021 at 11:43, oldjamfan1 said:

Most of the info is on the website - this is a useful page https://www.roverstrust.com/about-us/

I would add that the more members the trust has, the louder it’s voice will be. We have done a lot of work behind the scenes but we want to step things up now and once I’ve recovered from a forthcoming operation I will be tasked with increasing membership, which I will do 😉

Many people were prepared to pay around a tenner to stream a Rovers game from an empty stadium last season - it’s not a lot to ask to pay the same amount for annual membership and to try and protect the club and it’s heritage.

I’ll get off my soap box for now but as above - DM me if you want any further details and I know that John, the chair of the Trust is always happy for people to contact him for info too at chair@roverstrust.co.uk

Every credit to you pal. Fans of the future will benefit from the selfless time that you and others are putting in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Irish_Rover said:

Just signed up there myself, in fairness 10 quid for an annual membership is nothing at the end of the day.

I think its a great idea and is definately something that should be pushed out to as many people as possible to become members.

You'll obviously get the few numpties on Facebook and Twitter but there definately seems to be a majority form what I can see on Twitter that know we will be forever in a state of limbo with the Venkys owning us. Obviously with all of us here singing from the same hymn sheet as far as that goes I don't see any reason why we wouldn't all get behind it.

3 hours ago, Beafo said:

Every credit to you pal. Fans of the future will benefit from the selfless time that you and others are putting in.

2 hours ago, bazza said:

You've prompted me to do the same. Thanks.

Great stuff, keep spreading the word. You’ll see lots of publicity and marketing for the Trust coming out over the next few weeks, please help to push the message wherever you can. 
Thank you

• Like 7

Just a quick update:

Covid dominated our lives and many of our projects were sidelined and put on hold, even some real basics.

There is a backlog of new registrations to work through, which I will be doing between now and Christmas. This will comprise a welcome email containing an additional confirmation (after the automatic process) of your membership, details of how to engage with our social media platforms, and a PDF of your Rovers Trust Membership certificate (we've gone paperless, so that we don't upset Sir David Attenborough too much). If you would like a physical copy, however, just reply to said welcome email and I will make a start on those in the New Year.

We've also really got a proper handle on our social media platforms recently, as well as gradually updating the website to make it more user-friendly and make content clearer.

In addition, having taken control of the Facebook Page it is far too basic and restrictive for our purposes. It will remain as a useful tool for public engagement, however, I will be looking to create a Facebook Group (with the same name) strictly for Rovers Trust Members for easier direct engagement with Trust projects.

The Facebook Page and Twitter feed will remain Public.

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve been a member since day dot, yet I’ve never received a thing, be it in the post or email, the £10 always goes, so I presume I’m still a member!

Can it be looked into? Happy to DM on here, or is there a specific email address I can contact?

Send a private message either to the Rovers Trust account or to me (I'm on the board) and I'll get it looked at 🙂

Ditto for any other Member with the same issue.

Although I'll excuse myself just a touch in that I've only been Member Officer/Secretary/Acting Secretary for around 5 years 🤣

Edited by Mike E

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve been a member since day dot, yet I’ve never received a thing, be it in the post or email, the £10 always goes, so I presume I’m still a member!

Can it be looked into? Happy to DM on here, or is there a specific email address I can contact?

Please...you are such a long term and valuable member of brfcs that we cannot allow this cock-up of our Mailchimp database to continue. Send an email to chair@roverstrust,co,uk and I will send you personally a copy of our next newsletter! You are not the only Member of the Trust to say this and of course if you change your main email it does disrupt this.....but an email to me or enquiries@roverstrust.co.uk  on any issue does get forwarded to Michael E. or the relevant person.

As a footnote we have 37 new members in the last few weeks. Our aim is to move up to 1000 members and show to the Club that we represent a high percentage of Rovers Supporters.

• Like 4

On 09/11/2021 at 00:12, Rovers Trust said:

Just a quick update:

Covid dominated our lives and many of our projects were sidelined and put on hold, even some real basics.

There is a backlog of new registrations to work through, which I will be doing between now and Christmas. This will comprise a welcome email containing an additional confirmation (after the automatic process) of your membership, details of how to engage with our social media platforms, and a PDF of your Rovers Trust Membership certificate (we've gone paperless, so that we don't upset Sir David Attenborough too much). If you would like a physical copy, however, just reply to said welcome email and I will make a start on those in the New Year.

We've also really got a proper handle on our social media platforms recently, as well as gradually updating the website to make it more user-friendly and make content clearer.

In addition, having taken control of the Facebook Page it is far too basic and restrictive for our purposes. It will remain as a useful tool for public engagement, however, I will be looking to create a Facebook Group (with the same name) strictly for Rovers Trust Members for easier direct engagement with Trust projects.

The Facebook Page and Twitter feed will remain Public.

Probably an issue at my end but I realised that I followed the Rovers Trust on Twitter but none of their posts appear in my timeline. 

If I go onto the Rovers Trust Twitter page, I can see them?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Probably an issue at my end but I realised that I followed the Rovers Trust on Twitter but none of their posts appear in my timeline. 

If I go onto the Rovers Trust Twitter page, I can see them?

I have the same issue and I'm the Secretary 😅 I think it's something to do with notification settings but I'm not enough of a Twatter to help in that regard!

On 09/11/2021 at 22:24, RoversClitheroe said:

Are you going to look back into selling those fantastic Rovers Trust shirts? 

We have loads in an attic somewhere. Then Primark opened its first shop!

Always thought they were like poor Ivy League Baseball clones.

Send your details to support@roverstrust.co.uk and we will find an attic-soiled free gift.

• Like 1

Trying to understand what this is all about? I clicked the link, you want us in the prem by 2025?

Is this a joke or am I missing the point? A Rovers trust isn’t going to get us promoted.

What is the £10 paying for?

There is a lengthy post above from Rovers Trust apologising for delays etc. That’s the exact thing that annoys me about Rovers as it is, everything takes for ever and always an excuse. In Rovers Trust post the excuse is covid.

I would like the be better educated on this and hope it’s a benefit to the club and I’m just massively missing the point. 

But so far all I see is a ridiculous objective (prem by 2025), £10 join, already bad service the type I don’t want from rovers, and no real idea what you are really doing.

Please enlighten me and don’t point to a link like someone did above because that told me nothing.

• Like 2

• Backroom

As far as the 'excuses' part, I make no apologies for being a volunteer trying to do what I can with the Trust.

In 2019 I was newly married and moved house, through 2020 supported my pregnant (and practically housebound, lonely) wife while working full time through the ongoing global pandemic', and in 2021 am getting to grips with being a dad.

Sorry about the delays (genuinely), but life happens ffs.

Oh, and I've been moderating this place 🤣

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3