BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

You are right @Wood26, nobody wants excuses and I hope these don’t sound like them. The Trust board is small and has some new additions (myself included) and we need to improve communications. There is work going on with the website which hopefully you will see soon.

These are some FAQs I’ve worked on, hopefully they will answer some of your questions. If you need to know anything else more specific, give me a shout.

What is Rovers Trust?

Rovers Trust is a registered Co-operative and Community Benefit Society regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Since its inception, the Trust has worked towards supporter representation at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Our elected Board are responsible for day-to-day Trust operations and working for the benefit of our members and the BRFC fanbase as a whole.

What are the Trust’s aims?

Our aim is to represent the interests of Rovers fans whose continued passionate support is pivotal to the success of our team. We also aim to celebrate and preserve the heritage of our club for future generations while protecting the club’s assets in the immediate and long-term future.

Our ongoing activities are based around three overarching aims:

Celebrating History
 Serving the Rovers Community
 Protecting the Future

We were founded on the belief that supporters are the one constant at any club, and as such deserve significant input into the running of their clubs, and a significant ownership stake remains the ultimate aim.

Is ownership realistic?

We retain a long-term aim of a meaningful supporter ownership stake in the Club ideally alongside like-minded major investors, similar to the shareholder make-up of German clubs. However, we remain acutely aware of the current reality. BRFC is reliant on the owner’s financial input to remain a going concern. We acknowledge the club is well funded via the owners, through necessity, due to the fact the club has been badly mismanaged throughout their tenure.When this specific long-term aim can be achieved has to reflect current and future realities and is largely outside of our control at this time. We will maintain our position regarding ownership at a national level and support appropriate campaigns within the wider Trust movement.

The Trust are very proud to have already acquired a minor shareholding within the club. While it isn’t at the level we’d ultimately like, it effectively gives all our members some ownership stake in the club they love.

What has the trust achieved?

In addition to acquiring a minor stake in the club, the Trust has a large number of successes, including:

Sponsorship of local grassroots football teams
 Sponsorship of first team players
 Had Ewood Park designated as an Asset of Community Value (ACV)
 Led and contributed to multiple public meetings regarding BRFC
 Forged strong links with and provided interviews across regional, national and international publications and media outlets
 Put forward Early Day Motion to Parliament regarding football governance
 Contributed to Fan Led Review of Football Governance led by Tracey Crouch MP
 Attempted to open communication links with the Club’s owners via open letters
 Regular meetings with the Club’s CEO as well as contributing to Fans Forum and Supporter Consultation meetings

What about performances on the pitch?

Ordinarily, the performance of the manager and players is something that elicits many different opinions and wouldn’t be something the Trust would campaign or comment on. However, where the actions (or inactions) of the club’s ownership negatively impact on field performances, the Trust would be expected to represent the opinions of its members.

Why should I join?

If you are of the belief that Football Club owners should be able to do as they please, the Trust probably isn’t for you. If you believe that the supporters have a moral right to influence and representation at their clubs, you absolutely should join!

By becoming a member, you can shape the ongoing direction of the Trust. All our members have an equal say in the running and direction of the Trust – one member, one vote. As well as annual elections we are obligated to run, we aim to regularly canvas member opinions. You can also attend our Annual General Meetings and other events.

As a member of Rovers Trust, you also become a minority Shareholder in Blackburn Rovers Football Club! 

The Trust is only as strong as its membership, and the more supporters we can claim to represent, the more likely we will be to succeed in our collective aims. 

What is the £10 fee for?

In an ideal world membership would be free. Due to our constitution and our status as a legal entity, we need to charge a nominal fee. This is currently £10 per annum, and has been since the Trust’s inception.

As well as covering our not insignificant administrative costs, we aim to put your money to good use. We wish to enable the Trust to grow and achieve even more, as well as providing tangible benefits for our members. 

How can I be more involved? 

We welcome input from all existing and potential members, and you can get involved to whatever level you feel comfortable with. We hold regular elections to determine our Board, which any member is eligible to stand in. We also regularly co-opt board members outside of the election period.

We are also reliant on the help of volunteer members. Thankfully The Rovers fanbase and Trust membership possess many wide-ranging skills and expertise we regularly draw upon.

While we are always on the lookout for people who want to get more involved, we value all our members. There is no obligation to become more involved, and many of our long-term members prefer to support the work of the trust in the background.

Without wanting to sound over bearing in any way, Duncan is an excellent addition the the Rovers Trust board. Having been involved in other successful projects, including Rovers Radio, he is get up and go and gets things done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, darrenrover said:

One point from me, with respect to every Rovers fan because we all should be as one body and not fragmented, all Rovers together!

That is my ultimate aim and intention.

Because, despite whatever:

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Awww that's lovely Darren.

Unfortunately a million miles from reality.

Only post admin and post Venkys will this become remotely possible.

Hopefully you are also posting these motivational words on twitter to the know nothing happy clapping self proclaimed super fans.

On 14/11/2021 at 11:25, Miller11 said:

You are right @Wood26, nobody wants excuses and I hope these don’t sound like them. The Trust board is small and has some new additions (myself included) and we need to improve communications. There is work going on with the website which hopefully you will see soon.

These are some FAQs I’ve worked on, hopefully they will answer some of your questions. If you need to know anything else more specific, give me a shout.

What is Rovers Trust?

Rovers Trust is a registered Co-operative and Community Benefit Society regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.Since its inception, the Trust has worked towards supporter representation at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Our elected Board are responsible for day-to-day Trust operations and working for the benefit of our members and the BRFC fanbase as a whole.

What are the Trust’s aims?

Our aim is to represent the interests of Rovers fans whose continued passionate support is pivotal to the success of our team. We also aim to celebrate and preserve the heritage of our club for future generations while protecting the club’s assets in the immediate and long-term future.

Our ongoing activities are based around three overarching aims:

Celebrating History
 Serving the Rovers Community
 Protecting the Future

We were founded on the belief that supporters are the one constant at any club, and as such deserve significant input into the running of their clubs, and a significant ownership stake remains the ultimate aim.

Is ownership realistic?

We retain a long-term aim of a meaningful supporter ownership stake in the Club ideally alongside like-minded major investors, similar to the shareholder make-up of German clubs. However, we remain acutely aware of the current reality. BRFC is reliant on the owner’s financial input to remain a going concern. We acknowledge the club is well funded via the owners, through necessity, due to the fact the club has been badly mismanaged throughout their tenure.When this specific long-term aim can be achieved has to reflect current and future realities and is largely outside of our control at this time. We will maintain our position regarding ownership at a national level and support appropriate campaigns within the wider Trust movement.

The Trust are very proud to have already acquired a minor shareholding within the club. While it isn’t at the level we’d ultimately like, it effectively gives all our members some ownership stake in the club they love.

What has the trust achieved?

In addition to acquiring a minor stake in the club, the Trust has a large number of successes, including:

Sponsorship of local grassroots football teams
 Sponsorship of first team players
 Had Ewood Park designated as an Asset of Community Value (ACV)
 Led and contributed to multiple public meetings regarding BRFC
 Forged strong links with and provided interviews across regional, national and international publications and media outlets
 Put forward Early Day Motion to Parliament regarding football governance
 Contributed to Fan Led Review of Football Governance led by Tracey Crouch MP
 Attempted to open communication links with the Club’s owners via open letters
 Regular meetings with the Club’s CEO as well as contributing to Fans Forum and Supporter Consultation meetings

What about performances on the pitch?

Ordinarily, the performance of the manager and players is something that elicits many different opinions and wouldn’t be something the Trust would campaign or comment on. However, where the actions (or inactions) of the club’s ownership negatively impact on field performances, the Trust would be expected to represent the opinions of its members.

Why should I join?

If you are of the belief that Football Club owners should be able to do as they please, the Trust probably isn’t for you. If you believe that the supporters have a moral right to influence and representation at their clubs, you absolutely should join!

By becoming a member, you can shape the ongoing direction of the Trust. All our members have an equal say in the running and direction of the Trust – one member, one vote. As well as annual elections we are obligated to run, we aim to regularly canvas member opinions. You can also attend our Annual General Meetings and other events.

As a member of Rovers Trust, you also become a minority Shareholder in Blackburn Rovers Football Club! 

The Trust is only as strong as its membership, and the more supporters we can claim to represent, the more likely we will be to succeed in our collective aims. 

What is the £10 fee for?

In an ideal world membership would be free. Due to our constitution and our status as a legal entity, we need to charge a nominal fee. This is currently £10 per annum, and has been since the Trust’s inception.

As well as covering our not insignificant administrative costs, we aim to put your money to good use. We wish to enable the Trust to grow and achieve even more, as well as providing tangible benefits for our members. 

How can I be more involved? 

We welcome input from all existing and potential members, and you can get involved to whatever level you feel comfortable with. We hold regular elections to determine our Board, which any member is eligible to stand in. We also regularly co-opt board members outside of the election period.

We are also reliant on the help of volunteer members. Thankfully The Rovers fanbase and Trust membership possess many wide-ranging skills and expertise we regularly draw upon.

While we are always on the lookout for people who want to get more involved, we value all our members. There is no obligation to become more involved, and many of our long-term members prefer to support the work of the trust in the background.

Thank you for explaining, I have just joined.

• Like 2

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1035900/v6_Football_Fan_led_Governance_Review_WebAccessible.pdf

The Rovers Trust fully endorses the recommendations put forward by the fan-led review of football governance being led by Tracey Crouch MP. Many of these proposals chime with those put forward in the Rovers Trust’s own evidence submission in June. The Championship financial model is broken and the vibrancy of the football pyramid must be maintained. The financial redistribution proposals, when tied in with an effective regulatory regime and more sensible profit and sustainability accounting rules for EFL clubs, should help to remove some of the current distortion. We look forward to working towards implementing the recommendations of this final report of the fan-led review.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rovers Trust said:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1035900/v6_Football_Fan_led_Governance_Review_WebAccessible.pdf

The Rovers Trust fully endorses the recommendations put forward by the fan-led review of football governance being led by Tracey Crouch MP. Many of these proposals chime with those put forward in the Rovers Trust’s own evidence submission in June. The Championship financial model is broken and the vibrancy of the football pyramid must be maintained. The financial redistribution proposals, when tied in with an effective regulatory regime and more sensible profit and sustainability accounting rules for EFL clubs, should help to remove some of the current distortion. We look forward to working towards implementing the recommendations of this final report of the fan-led review.

It’s a very thorough report and it was gratifying to know that the Rovers Trust had some direct influence on it. 
Politics aside Tracey Crouch is very much a football fan and this is reflected in much of the language used in the report. Indeed the club she supports was part of the disgraceful European Super League nonsense which she vociferously criticised. 
She should get government support for her proposals, provided she can fend off the inevitable lobbying from the usual self-interested suspects from within the game.  

• Like 1

Haven't read the recommendations in full but I fear the proposals to levy a tax on PL Clubs will be met by fierce resistance and will only hasten many of them splitting away from the EFL completely and the formation of the repugnant European Super League.

Otherwise seem to be some sensible proposals though.

On 15/11/2021 at 11:55, OldEwoodBlue said:

Awww that's lovely Darren.

Unfortunately a million miles from reality.

Only post admin and post Venkys will this become remotely possible.

Hopefully you are also posting these motivational words on twitter to the know nothing happy clapping self proclaimed super fans.

I don’t do Twitter, don’t see myself as a ‘super fan’ but a fan of 50 plus years standing, with balls and contacts, who is trying to make a difference.

Why would you or any other self respecting Rovers fan, have an issue with that?

I’d also like to ask, wtf are you doing about anything other than bitching and moaning?

Am I a ‘happy clapper’?…You should know, am I fuck but I’m also objective!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

On 15/11/2021 at 00:06, darrenrover said:

One point from me, with respect to every Rovers fan because we all should be as one body and not fragmented, all Rovers together!

That is my ultimate aim and intention.

Because, despite whatever:

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

This is one of the main reasons I joined. Our fanbase seems to be fragmented, it would be great if we all rallied to one cause (even as a silent member for the most part) because I believe sooner or later, the fans, in numbers are going to be needed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 01:34, Sparks Rover said:

Based on @Miller11above post and the minor shareholding.  Did the Trust have a view on the sale of the STC at the time with the other shareholders..? I don't remember anything on here until it was done and dusted. 

Sorry for the delay, I haven’t been on here for a while…

We only became aware of anything concrete going on with Brockhall when the initial plans for the redevelopment were leaked, same as everyone else. We quickly entered into dialogue with the club and the Brockhall residents group that formed. A broad poll of members opinion at the time suggested an almost even 3 way split - a third we’re in favour of the plans, a third opposed, and a third didn’t know.

We knew nothing about the actual transfer of ownership until well after the event, and it was us who alerted the local press to it and made the wider fanbase aware. It was of course disappointing that it was done in such a secretive manner, but not wholly surprising. We had intended to reapply to have Brockhall registered as an ACV again (the club strongly and successfully fought our first attempt).

One of our key aims is to protect the assets of the club, so obviously there is some real concern around the sale and the long term implications of it. We are continuing to ask questions but unfortunately we were as blindsided as everyone else despite the strong communication lines into the club we have forged, and in our capacity as shareholders.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Is there anything stopping another attempt at nominating Brockhall as an ACV?

Venky's now own the STC and may take so little interest that they won't object

If a new ACV is applied for, and Venkys don't object, if there is an objection it must be from Waggot.

On 06/12/2021 at 20:25, rigger said:

If a new ACV is applied for, and Venkys don't object, if there is an objection it must be from Waggot.

I guess it is worth a go, but I think it would be difficult to argue that Brockhall is a community asset, as opposed to a private resource belonging to Rovers/Raos...

Do any members of the community use it for anything? Genuine question...

21 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess it is worth a go, but I think it would be difficult to argue that Brockhall is a community asset, as opposed to a private resource belonging to Rovers/Raos...

Do any members of the community use it for anything? Genuine question...

Are the players classed as members of the community ?

• 3 months later...

Quick update: The Trust will be posting on our web-site www.roverstrust.co.uk an updated version of the Marketing Prospectus to try and guide the Rovers Marketing Department plus Management on what they might introduce over the next 3 years.

The last one was produced just before the March 2020 pandemic. The new one covers the 3 years up to the Rovers 150th Anniversary and lays down a few principals eg do not introduce any new measures that may reduce the attendance(no collection of tickets on match day ring a bell?). It goes much wider than the original Prospectus eg Riverside/Safe Standing/2 year Season-tickets etc.

Please look out for it on the website from Monday. Comments and ideas  are welcome. The aim of it you can judge for yourself!

• Like 1

BLACKBURN ROVERS SUPPORTERS TRUST SEEK DIALOGUE WITH FOOTBALLS ULTIMATE  “ABSENT” OWNERS

It is now eight years since the Venkys, the owners of Blackburn Rovers, last stepped foot in Ewood Park.  That visit was not even to watch football; it was to host The Queen who was giving out Easter Maundy Thursday monies at Blackburn Cathedral in 2014.

Whilst the Supporters Trust welcome the financial support the Venkys put into Rovers to support the Academy and keep the Club afloat it is an unacceptable situation.  A visit was promised this season but has yet to materialise with only two home games left.  

At the start of this season the Venkys sent a message (copy attached) to fans stating:

‘We know you are keen to know when we will return to Ewood Park and it is something I am personally looking to plan into my schedule this coming season.  I am eager to come back to meet the staff, the players and yourselves, our fans.’

Rovers Supporters Trust Chair, John Murray said:

‘Rovers are the heart and soul of the community.  The Club is the glue that brings people together regardless of background, ethnicity or religion; it is the lifeblood of the town of Blackburn and surrounding areas.

We cannot recall when our owners last visited to watch Rovers play, it must be over 10 years.  They are the ultimate forgotten absent owners; not forgotten to Rovers fans but forgotten to the wider footballing community.

He added:

Following the Government’s Fan Led  Review of Football it is Supporter’s Trust’s who will have a Golden Share, representing the interests of all supporters, and giving them their say on a number of key decisions including sponsorships and ground naming. However we have no idea what is in the minds of our owners, we need urgent dialogue with them to impress on them we have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart.

Whilst at Club level the Senior Management Team are accessible they have to refer all major decisions, including Season Ticket prices, to the owners in India.

What we have is not acceptable.  We call on the owners to have meaningful face-to-face dialogue with us; we are willing to fly out to India at short notice to meet them to discuss their plans and also our ideas for Blackburn Rovers.’

For further details contact John Murray on 07880 507080

Notes:

See  https://www.roverstrust.com/2022/04/11/press-release-110422-blackburn-rovers-supporters-trust-seek-dialogue-footballs-ultimate-absent-owners/

E0090C3B-DC68-4A21-8F62-CCA32D701C08.thumb.jpeg.0a6ba10946cb08adbcc2f387505ca9fc.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

BLACKBURN ROVERS SUPPORTERS TRUST SEEK DIALOGUE WITH FOOTBALLS ULTIMATE  “ABSENT” OWNERS

It is now eight years since the Venkys, the owners of Blackburn Rovers, last stepped foot in Ewood Park.  That visit was not even to watch football; it was to host The Queen who was giving out Easter Maundy Thursday monies at Blackburn Cathedral in 2014.

Whilst the Supporters Trust welcome the financial support the Venkys put into Rovers to support the Academy and keep the Club afloat it is an unacceptable situation.  A visit was promised this season but has yet to materialise with only two home games left.  

At the start of this season the Venkys sent a message (copy attached) to fans stating:

‘We know you are keen to know when we will return to Ewood Park and it is something I am personally looking to plan into my schedule this coming season.  I am eager to come back to meet the staff, the players and yourselves, our fans.’

Rovers Supporters Trust Chair, John Murray said:

‘Rovers are the heart and soul of the community.  The Club is the glue that brings people together regardless of background, ethnicity or religion; it is the lifeblood of the town of Blackburn and surrounding areas.

We cannot recall when our owners last visited to watch Rovers play, it must be over 10 years.  They are the ultimate forgotten absent owners; not forgotten to Rovers fans but forgotten to the wider footballing community.

He added:

Following the Government’s Fan Led  Review of Football it is Supporter’s Trust’s who will have a Golden Share, representing the interests of all supporters, and giving them their say on a number of key decisions including sponsorships and ground naming. However we have no idea what is in the minds of our owners, we need urgent dialogue with them to impress on them we have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart.

Whilst at Club level the Senior Management Team are accessible they have to refer all major decisions, including Season Ticket prices, to the owners in India.

What we have is not acceptable.  We call on the owners to have meaningful face-to-face dialogue with us; we are willing to fly out to India at short notice to meet them to discuss their plans and also our ideas for Blackburn Rovers.’

For further details contact John Murray on 07880 507080

Notes:

See www.roverstrust.com

E0090C3B-DC68-4A21-8F62-CCA32D701C08.thumb.jpeg.0a6ba10946cb08adbcc2f387505ca9fc.jpeg

Great stuff guys, hopefully the club recognises this is the right vehicle to engage with, for the right reasons

• Like 3