BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Are commentary and replays (i.e. - normal live TV coverage) the way iFollow is going this season?

They had the proper live TV feed for yesterday's match. Everyone here will probably know - last season was just the standard one camera with no commentary and no slo-mo replays.

Edited by Husky

13 hours ago, Husky said:

Are commentary and replays (i.e. - normal live TV coverage) the way iFollow is going this season?

They had the proper live TV feed for yesterday's match. Everyone here will probably know - last season was just the standard one camera with no commentary and no slo-mo replays.

In one of the press releases for this new season , it said that there will be four cameras at certain games with enhancements to the coverage.

Edit : LINK

I think you are right they just redirected the live overseas tv feed for the Ipswich game to the ifollow platform, and will be the same for any game that is shown internationally

Edited by perthblue02

9 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

In one of the press releases for this new season , it said that there will be four cameras at certain games with enhancements to the coverage.

Edit : LINK

I think you are right they just redirected the live overseas tv feed for the Ipswich game to the ifollow platform, and will be the same for any game that is shown internationally

I suppose that includes the live commentary from other games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Is there any way to turn off the barely audible commentary? Tempted to mute the lot. The steam paused at least a couple of times for a minute or so. Anyone else have that?

Constant buffering and like listening to traffic.  At least I only wasted a fiver. 

Problem is my end.  Data connection in rainy season is fuclin shit

Edited by AllRoverAsia

29 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Is there any way to turn off the barely audible commentary? Tempted to mute the lot. The steam paused at least a couple of times for a minute or so. Anyone else have that?

No way that I can find , last season they had a audio choice menu , when there was no choices, not this season :)

Fancy menu for scores that only show one game per league 

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have savage internet and the sound is appaling. Amateur hour 

It was basically unwatchable here plus unable to understand any of the commentary. So much buffering it made watching worse than having no access to the game, if that makes sense.

I am blaming being on data in poor weather/ data reception conditions  here in the jungle forest BUT in the same conditions yesterday was able to watch/listen to the 2nd Test and PL games with excellent vid & sound using other apps etc.

Maybe the iFollow app is a bit pants from a weak server.

The actual 1 camera cheap charlie approach is amateurish but I suppose better than nothing.

I will give iFollow a go again when back in BKK on fibre.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Probably the wrong attitude to have but for me personally the midweek games being available to watch on Sky is a godsend, it's always so much of a rush for me to get to Ewood in the week being a good hour or so away that I sometimes i just don't bother.

Plus my lad can stay up and watch them with me as no way would his mother allow me to take him to Ewood in the week unless it was school holidays :lol:

Don't blame you one bit, but the reality is that crowds are going to be hit across the board, especially in winter.

We have a sizeable percentage of our fanbase that live away from Blackburn and travel fair distances, a decent proportion just won't bother now for night matches, which then starts to impact on how valuable their 23 game season ticket is too.

Very short sighted move from the EFL. 

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Don't blame you one bit, but the reality is that crowds are going to be hit across the board, especially in winter.

We have a sizeable percentage of our fanbase that live away from Blackburn and travel fair distances, a decent proportion just won't bother now for night matches, which then starts to impact on how valuable their 23 game season ticket is too.

Very short sighted move from the EFL. 

I've tried to hide the news from my wife that I can watch all the midweek games at home rather than tramp down the motorway from Lancaster, the minute she finds out I'm pretty sure I will be roped into house/kid duties! Not to mention the ticket and diesel money that could be saved circa £40 a game.

Edited by Lancaster Rover

On 11/08/2018 at 17:23, perthblue02 said:

No way that I can find , last season they had a audio choice menu , when there was no choices, not this season :)

Fancy menu for scores that only show one game per league 

Now if you try and load the commentary separately it stops the game stream.