BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s actually worse than the mighty Darlington of National League North...

Rovers’ revenue streams have been hit hard, they sold fewer than 900 matchday passes for the midweek defeat to Watford’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19125162.rovers-ceo-12-months-without-fans-ifollow-figures-finances/

Not trying to defend the figures Matty but dont forget the Watford game was on the Red button and im sure lots of Rovers fans subscribe to Sky so would nt take up the I Follow . I didnt.

I d like to see figures from fellow Championship clubs to see just how we compere figure wise .

Ifollow take up was always low for midweek games with people working different work patterns and don't want to watch streaming coverage of games. 

I have missed attending games inside stadiums and I can't wait to get to watching live games at Ewood Park. 

The low numbers are down to form, nothing else. The competition with Sky is rare, plus not everyone has Sky. Illegal streams, minute when it comes to Rovers I would say. 

I think fans want to do the right thing and pay for Ifollow, the relatively high, under he circumstances and with little benefit, of season tickets sales shows that. 

I will probably pay for Ifollow tonight, but mostly I want to hear if the commentators have now turned. It will be interesting to hear! Doubt they will be too critical though. I won't watch every game now going forward now and I couldn't have imagined that a few months ago. We are being served up shite now, with a side of Mowbray nonsense after every game 

The numbers arent down solely to form, obviously disinterest will intensify with the season having already spiralled into nothingness, but it is no coincidence that the numbers are far lower when the game is midweek, when it is on the red button.

I also dont understand what can be gained from watching solely in hope that the commentators have changed their rhetoric! They are club employees who will continue to toe the line, watching in hope of a change of tact is just needless torture.

There are numerous factors as to why numbers are so low. I know I am one of a minority having bought a season ticket, those numbers are lower than they could have been due to poor pricing and too much time lapsed before getting them on sale. You throw in the pandemic to peoples finances, playing in front of empty stadiums making games feel like going through the motions, numerous people potentially watching via one link (in the same household) and of course dodgy streams and there are so many factors. The fear would have to be how Waggott etc has handled things leading forward in regards to getting fans back once they are allowed. I also am unconvinced that I will be given priority regarding being one of the supporters who purchased a season ticket this season if and when attendances are capped next season, although that may not be a problem anyway.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The numbers arent down solely to form, obviously disinterest will intensify with the season having already spiralled into nothingness, but it is no coincidence that the numbers are far lower when the game is midweek, when it is on the red button.

I also dont understand what can be gained from watching solely in hope that the commentators have changed their rhetoric! They are club employees who will continue to toe the line, watching in hope of a change of tact is just needless torture.

There are numerous factors as to why numbers are so low. I know I am one of a minority having bought a season ticket, those numbers are lower than they could have been due to poor pricing and too much time lapsed before getting them on sale. You throw in the pandemic to peoples finances, playing in front of empty stadiums making games feel like going through the motions, numerous people potentially watching via one link (in the same household) and of course dodgy streams and there are so many factors. The fear would have to be how Waggott etc has handled things leading forward in regards to getting fans back once they are allowed. I also am unconvinced that I will be given priority regarding being one of the supporters who purchased a season ticket this season if and when attendances are capped next season, although that may not be a problem anyway.

I think you are taking my comments too literally. It was a slight tease of the lads and their inability to criticize. I'm not watching in the hope of anything from them, to suggest that is a thing someone might realistically do is pretty comical 😅😂 If they don't criticize the manager, don't worry, I won't be tortured 😂 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Chuffed I don't have to pay the tenner and can watch on Sky. Literally no excitement for the game. Sitting down to watch the games out of commitment, rather than enjoyment at the moment.

I am an idiot. I have definitely paid for Ifollow at least once where the game was on sky red button. Must get onto swag for a refund 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am an idiot. I have definitely paid for Ifollow at least once where the game was on sky red button. Must get onto swag for a refund 

I did earlier in the season and just requested a refund from ifollow as soon as I realised. As long as you don't watch the stream, they have no issue with the request. Had the money back within the week. 

Not about pausing but.....

I often mute it when one team or the other look like getting a goal scoring chance. The commentary is a split second ahead of the picture. I hate it when a Rovers player shoots and the commentators say it's gone wide when I'm still hoping for a goal.

16 minutes ago, bazza said:

Not about pausing but.....

I often mute it when one team or the other look like getting a goal scoring chance. The commentary is a split second ahead of the picture. I hate it when a Rovers player shoots and the commentators say it's gone wide when I'm still hoping for a goal.

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed that on my feed. I’ll keep an eye out tonight.