Finally had to mute the two idiot commentators last night - constant moaning and winging about the referee over and over throughout the game

....Ok, we all know they aren't great and some decisions are dodgy, but get over it and talk about the football.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The time lag doesn’t matter one bit. Just stay off Twitter until HT/FT and mute any ‘goal alert’ apps for 90 mins.   

As a 1960's vintage Rovers fan who has lived in the US for many years I am delighted by this development - even if we get relegated. I was resigned to Saturday being the last match that I could watch

Neil Yardley is a proper Rovers man, can nobody remember the boring bastard that did commentary before him around the millennium time?  Plus, since the Venky induced cuts has led to a scrapped Ro

Posted Images

10 hours ago, TonyM said:

Finally had to mute the two idiot commentators last night - constant moaning and winging about the referee over and over throughout the game

....Ok, we all know they aren't great and some decisions are dodgy, but get over it and talk about the football.

Yes. I get fed up with their constant inane chatter. Also the camera people keep showing 3 replays of some previous action whilst the restarted game continues out of our sight. So frustrating.

I paused the game for 7 minutes in the 1st half and continued to watch it to half time ok. At that point I clicked the red "Live game" icon and caught up to real time. Easy!

The sound was in synchro with the picture so that was ok as well.

2 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

It's really awful coverage, never have I seen two media guys be a commentary team.

I'd rather it was just one of them rather than a fan in the analysis chair.

It's incredibly sub-standard.

Sorry to nitpik but I think they do a decent job despite the inane ramblings some times. 

Who would you replace them with? 

Better than nothing. 

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Sorry to nitpik but I think they do a decent job despite the inane ramblings some times. 

Better than nothing. 

Quite a number of Championship clubs use their local Radio commentary who are more experienced in live sports. Hence I tend to use that, unless its just too biased which is not often.

9 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Better than nothing. 

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Quite a number of Championship clubs use their local Radio commentary who are more experienced in live sports. Hence I tend to use that, unless its just too biased which is not often.

This. Sheffield United do it and it works very well. BBC Local Radio is great for a lean towards our sides without being overly biased.