BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stokes

Pictured outside a bar supping guiness with Neil Lennon allegedly. Maintain what I've said all along with this guy he'll get paid off and go back to Hibs and it's been a stich up from the start. Biggest sting at Rovers since Kean was in action with the likes of Goodwille and Slew etc, biggest flanker pulled by a player since Leon Best !

Just now, tomphil said:

Pictured outside a bar supping guiness with Neil Lennon allegedly. Maintain what I've said all along with this guy he'll get paid off and go back to Hibs and it's been a stich up from the start. Biggest sting at Rovers since Kean was in action with the likes of Goodwille and Slew etc, biggest flanker pulled by a player since Leon Best !

We need to get him off the books, we need players we can rely on and with our current state we can't afford to pay his wages and not get a return. We were trying to survive and he can't play cus his misses has a few pics leaked on the internet. His heart isn't in it so let him go. He's two years left on his contract we could get a little return out of him. His agent won't want him playing L1 so a move to the SPL would suit him down to the ground. Thanks for nothing another drain on our club gone has to be a plus.

I'll be over the moon if Hibs pay a small fee or just take over his contract although it's likely to be a mutual agreement with him getting half his contract to cover the lesser wages at Hibs. Stinks and yet again any income we might get from selling a player will go towards paying off this drunken bum.

These thing under the Venkys and partner ownership are a huge reason why I and I suspect many others are getting sick and fed up of anything to do with BRFC. It's been a recurring theme under this regime and the only people benefitting constantly are the players and their agents and the ones who suffered most are the fans.

Dark forces or just mug club being taken advantage of either way it's beyond pathetic.

This is the thing that sickens me most about the last 7 years. We supposedly owe all this money to Venky's. Most of this has been paid to players and their agents, who have not featured at all or very infrequently. As we have seen today, we have posters on here, who could do a better job than the current regime and I reckon most, could have chosen much better signing and much better value, for some of these wasters.

People have had their miss givings about Bowyer, but every one of his signing was an honest one and the money he made on players he brought in and sold, have been nothing short of amazing.

2nd June 2016: Owen Coyle appointed Rovers manager.

17th June 2016: Anthony Stokes signs 3 year deal at Rovers

Stokes already had a well documented history of being a source of trouble and division prior to his arrival at Ewood.

Coyle's parting two fingers at us is the Anthony Stokes legacy.

A piece in the LT today about players and agents robbing the game;

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15277975.Simon_Smith__The_only_way_Rovers_can_start_any_sort_of_a_revival_is_if_the_future_of_Tony_Mowbray_is_secured/?ref=mac

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'll be over the moon if Hibs pay a small fee or just take over his contract although it's likely to be a mutual agreement with him getting half his contract to cover the lesser wages at Hibs. Stinks and yet again any income we might get from selling a player will go towards paying off this drunken bum.

These thing under the Venkys and partner ownership are a huge reason why I and I suspect many others are getting sick and fed up of anything to do with BRFC. It's been a recurring theme under this regime and the only people benefitting constantly are the players and their agents and the ones who suffered most are the fans.

Dark forces or just mug club being taken advantage of either way it's beyond pathetic.

Under a manager Mark Hughes style who could make knuckle down and leave his off field distractions to one side Stokes would be a decent player he's talented that's without a doubt

Agree he looked like he had something but his head has always been at the bottom of a pint pot and along with everything else Coyle should have known he would be bother. A 3 year contract as well .........

Think it is literally a case of putting the feelers out North of the border of his availability and hope that a few clubs get into a battle offering him better terms.

No way we will get any fee for him, the ridiculous thing which as IraC rightly points out, the aim now is for us is to get him to leave as cheaply as possible for us. Getting paid to leave your job for not doing your job ... I bloody hate football and what this club has become!!

The 3 year contract and the level of wage were outrageous. Stokes has talent but has never performed consistently over a decent length of time and any manager worth his salt should have realised that. Taken for a ride again.

10 hours ago, McClarky said:

The 3 year contract and the level of wage were outrageous. Stokes has talent but has never performed consistently over a decent length of time and any manager worth his salt should have realised that. Taken for a ride again.

Stokes.....like Goodwillie. Slew, Anderson etc. One paper costed fees for thoose, who hardly ever/never kicked a ball at £7.5 million. I bet it is a lot worse than that!

47 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Stokes.....like Goodwillie. Slew, Anderson etc. One paper costed fees for thoose, who hardly/never kicked a ball at £7.5 million. I bet it is a lot worse than that!

That Slew has just been released from a low club. We gave him his best contract of his career probably

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Stokes.....like Goodwillie. Slew, Anderson etc. One paper costed fees for thoose, who hardly/never kicked a ball at £7.5 million. I bet it is a lot worse than that!

Slew- signed by Coco for £1.1 mil on a 4 year deal in August 2011. Played 1 yes 1 minute of first team football for Rovers, contract terminated Jan 2015. God only know what his wages were.

The Slew story rivals that of Myles A.

And yet we still get shafted by the likes of Stokes aided by Coyle.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

£10k pw.   Remember it getting leaked with some of the other stuff that got leaked last summer.

No wonder we're financially ferkked.

That was the minimum at that time so is that a positive :wacko:

On a 4 bloody year contract so £2 million for 1 minute of time on the pitch.

images-1.jpg.657b4fbdd83a60bf52880e16743c17c1.jpg

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Stokes should be made to play every game next season to EARN his money and of course he may just be what is required on the pitch at this level.

We have to pi$$ with the players we have at our disposal.

Whilst I totally agree with your point, Stokes has shown no signs of wanting to be here. I remember Cardiff away and a few other early games this season when we "made" Duffy play. Also look at what we were getting out of a very talented player in Marshall who also didn't want to be here, football stinks and players have all the power I'm sorry to say!

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Slew- signed by Coco for £1.1 mil on a 4 year deal in August 2011. Played 1 yes 1 minute of first team football for Rovers, contract terminated Jan 2015. God only know what his wages were.

The Coyle appointment and him being described by Cheston as the stand out candidate, as we all know has super agents man stamped all over it. History shows us, that Coyle denied any connection with any agency and vehemently denied knowing Andersons agency, in his first interview. I hadn't realised how quickly Stokes was signed after the stand out candidate was appointed, but within 3 weeks, says all we need to know. From very recent stories, Coyle was £300k per year and was brought in rather than Warnock due to him being cheaper, at £1m per year. Given what he did within 3 weeks, he wasn't cheaper at all, his first and by no means not only mistake cost us a lot more than that. So we go back to exactly who made the decision to appoint him, as I fear it might have been influenced by an agent who had the Stokes fiasco up his sleeve. I think we need to ask Cheston, after all it was him who described Coyle that way on appointment and how wrong has that been?

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

David Vincent knows. The aliens have not gone away.

Just now, lraC said:

The Coyle appointment and him being described by Cheston as the stand out candidate, as we all know has super agents man stamped all over it. History shows us, that Coyle denied any connection with any agency and vehemently denied knowing Andersons agency, in his first interview. I hadn't realised how quickly Stokes was signed after the stand out candidate was appointed, but within 3 weeks, says all we need to know. From very recent stories, Coyle was £300k per year and was brought in rather than Warnock due to him being cheaper, at £1m per year. Given what he did within 3 weeks, he wasn't cheaper at all, his first and by no means not only mistake cost us a lot more than that. So we go back to exactly who made the decision to appoint him, as I fear it might have been influenced by an agent who had the Stokes fiasco up his sleeve. I think we need to ask Cheston, after all it was him who described Coyle that way on appointment and how wrong has that been?

Liam Feeney: signed by Coyle June 2016, 2 year contract with a further 1 year option appearance dependant. Seemed to make rather a lot of late sub appearances under Coyle.....next one Wes Brown.......

Just now, lraC said:

Well put. Makes me angry, even reading it.

Archived