BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brockhall Training Grounds-Asset Of Community Value

4 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

Michael,

please let us know when you hear if the club are fighting the application (like they did at Ewood).

Very good work to all involved !

I hadn't realised that the club fought the ACV application on Ewood. I guess the fact that they did that, speaks volumes.

40 minutes ago, lraC said:

I hadn't realised that the club fought the ACV application on Ewood. I guess the fact that they did that, speaks volumes.

It kills me that the club I love and support feels like the enemy at times.

Well done to Michael and the trust for pursuing this.

49 minutes ago, toogs said:

It kills me that the club I love and support feels like the enemy at times.

Well done to Michael and the trust for pursuing this.

Hopefully the once the current owners have gone, the club can be returned to someone who actually cares about the town the supporters and the history of the club. Fortunately we do have people fighting them and ideas like the ACV on Ewood and Brockhall, along with the Trust, will ensure that there is a way forward when that day arrives.

In addition to the ACV for Brockhall we are inviting any residents of the Ribble Valley to support the application by writing to their local Councillor.

The ACV has the names of more than 50 residents who gave their permission to append their names and addresses to the application.

We want 'gentle' support since this is in many ways a legal matter,dealt with by the Head of Legal Services(not the Planning Committee) BUT we feel a letter of support will show the depth of feeling for the Rovers and its Training Ground in the Clitheroe area.

Email me at chair@roverstrust.co.uk if you would like a specimen letter.

I say in the Press Release that the Trust is "optimistic for the new Season but we must be watchful"

Anyone with any ideas as to what the Trust might do in the future is also welcome to email me. We want more Members(who doesn't) but also we are trying to be as inclusive and democratic as possible!

Archived