BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coventry got off to a good start on Saturday, with a 3-0 win at home to Notts County. I won't be putting my house on it, but see us going out, so will have a couple of quid on Cov to win the tie at 6/5. I will be happy to lose the money, as I do want us to progress and get the first win on the board, to set us up for an important game on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'll never forget the Cov away 5-0 drubbing in 95. Probably one of the worse Rovers displays ever if you consider the players we had at our disposal. That said the game should never have gone ahead.

Could do with a confidence boost tomorrow but think we'll narrowly go out after ET.

I was there that day too.  Lars Bohinen couldn't see the ball from what I recall and Chris Sutton did the splits in the snow.  I used to live around the corner as was at uni there at the time so had a 5 minute trudge home.

ironically, I am working in Midlands tomorrow and I have conned two non-rovers to come too (poor buggers!).  Let's hope it's not 5-0 again!

• Like 1

This cup means F all, we should avoid injuries and give other players a chance to impress imo.

Leutweiler

Caddis Ward Williams Doyle

Feeney Evans Tomlinson Chapman

Gladwin

Samuel

I would play Wharton but I think he's injured.

Tell them whoever plays well starts on Saturday.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

This cup means F all, we should avoid injuries and give other players a chance to impress imo.

Leutweiler

Caddis Ward Williams Doyle

Feeney Evans Tomlinson Chapman

Gladwin

Samuel

I would play Wharton but I think he's injured.

Tell them whoever plays well starts on Saturday.

I would start Wharton instead of Williams. Other than that,  the same 

10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

This cup means F all, we should avoid injuries and give other players a chance to impress 

In the grand scheme of things, you are right. But remember, it's a chance of morale & confidence building. 

A good performance against Cov, will not only gee up the players for Saturday, but it will give the fans a much needed boost. 

Cov, IMO, will be focussing on promotion this season, but that's doesn't neccessarily mean they will take this lightly, as it's just as good a morale/confidence booster for themselves, aswell as you's. 

This is the perfect opportunity for the likes of Chapman & Dack to gain some much needed confidence. I'd also give Feeney & start. Not sure about this Samuel lad, but if he's ever gunna flourish in the blue & white halves, then this is the type of game he where he will need to show his ability. 

Im going for a 2-0 Rovers win

24 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Play a strong team and try to win the game in 90 mins. Momentum is so important this division and it would be great to get sat's defeat out of our system asap. I think Chapman will start and perform well.

From my experience of Rovers over the past 7 seasons a win here inevitably means a terrible performance Saturday 

• Like 1

• Backroom
19 hours ago, gumboots said:

Winning is a habit. When we were promoted from the championship last time we didn't rest people in cup games that I remember. Souness was of the belief that winning wasn't just physical it was mental and when you were winning you got far less tired and far fewer injuries. Now he might have been wrong about some things, but he knew about battling and about being strong physically and mentally

Didn't Souness believe our Worthington Cup win was what drove us away from the relegation places because our Cup form was where we were winning?

I might be misremembering, I was only 11.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Didn't Souness believe our Worthington Cup win was what drove us away from the relegation places because our Cup form was where we were winning?

I might be misremembering, I was only 11.

He did indeed. We lost ground the weekend of the cup because other teams played when we didn't but we were so buoyed up by the cup we were able to pull ourselves up away from danger

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

You see 50/60s and 90s fashion, hair, music and styles coming around again every so often but I always wondered why nothing from the 70s :lol:

It did, in the 90's.

Anyway, after seeing Chapman's cameo at Southend, I'm hoping he starts tonight, also hoping Samuel starts through the middle rather than stuck out wide.