BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When will the next general election be called?

34 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Fail to see any seasonal correlation, summer brings it's own set of demands for the NHS with the heat I will admit though due to EU policy the service is under severe demand & increasingly so.

Really? Absolute tripe, but.......

you know what? The right answer should have been "you're right, that's not acceptable". 

Leave it there.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

Fail to see any seasonal correlation, summer brings it's own set of demands for the NHS with the heat I will admit though due to EU policy the service is under severe demand & increasingly so.

Nonsense. The NHS is struggling because it is being underfunded by a Tory govt that is ideologically opposed to state enterprises. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Nonsense. The NHS is struggling because it is being underfunded by a Tory govt that is ideologically opposed to state enterprises. 

It is underfunded and forced to struggle. All those, "Had a cough for a few weeks? Go and clog up the GP's surgery some more rather than getting some Buttercup Syrup" style adverts have a purpose (which isn't raising awareness).  

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It is underfunded and forced to struggle. All those, "Had a cough for a few weeks? Go and clog up the GP's surgery some more rather than getting some Buttercup Syrup" style adverts have a purpose (which isn't raising awareness).  

Strange how people going to hospital and clogging up the service with minor ailments only started doing that in 2010.

4 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

Which EU policy is putting the NHS under severe demand? 

What demands does summer bring on the NHS, that means it's has a equal demand to Winter?

Just factual replies please.

31 minutes ago, Baz said:

Which EU policy is putting the NHS under severe demand? 

What demands does summer bring on the NHS, that means it's has a equal demand to Winter?

Just factual replies please.

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_health.html

To be honest I really wish you would do your own research into things as I do, instead of asking me silly questions. I only deal in facts if you read the last link I provided regarding the titanic. 4 irrefutable facts first click. 

15 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

To be honest I really wish you would do your own research into things as I do, instead of asking me silly questions. I only deal in facts if you read the last link I provided regarding the titanic. 4 irrefutable facts first click. 

That ain't research.....it's a biased Vote Leave website stuffed with "alternative" facts (ie lies), including the £350m extra for the NHS plastered over the Vote Leave bus, many of which were peddled during the EU referendum campaign.

You can't take it seriously, surely?

Yes of course I take the NHS very seriously, all this might be some big joke to you but it isn't to me. I take facts very seriously the EU plan to damage the NHS & are doing exactly that now hopefully when brexit has been fully completed the results will be demonstrated for everybody to see. I will turn this question back to you which facts from the link I posted do you disagree with?

2 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

Which 'fact' is related to winter pressures? Which 'fact' shows that EU policy is putting the NHS under severe pressure? Why can't you supply facts to back up your points?

Why do you think it's silly to ask you for facts about the NHS, do you not take the NHS seriously? I know I do.

1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

Yes of course I take the NHS very seriously, all this might be some big joke to you but it isn't to me. I take facts very seriously the EU plan to damage the NHS & are doing exactly that now hopefully when brexit has been fully completed the results will be demonstrated for everybody to see. I will turn this question back to you which facts from the link I posted do you disagree with?

That website isn't quoting "facts" - it's Vote Leave propaganda. 

3 minutes ago, Baz said:

Which 'fact' is related to winter pressures? Which 'fact' shows that EU policy is putting the NHS under severe pressure? Why can't you supply facts to back up your points?

Why do you think it's silly to ask you for facts about the NHS, do you not take the NHS seriously? I know I do.

Because for a couple of simple reasons, I posted facts regarding the titanic at your request "opinion or fact" the response was a yawn then you mentioned beating a six year old child at trivia pursuit so all this indicates to me you are not willing to embark upon a serious intelligent debate with me. The facts are in the link these facts haven't been improvised there have been studiously researched & all the information collated from the ONS & various think tanks. You still appear to be stubbornly resistant to the facts I've provided & suspicious that there are bias to an agenda.

17 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Because for a couple of simple reasons, I posted facts regarding the titanic at your request "opinion or fact" the response was a yawn then you mentioned beating a six year old child at trivia pursuit so all this indicates to me you are not willing to embark upon a serious intelligent debate with me. The facts are in the link these facts haven't been improvised there have been studiously researched & all the information collated from the ONS & various think tanks. You still appear to be stubbornly resistant to the facts I've provided & suspicious that there are bias to an agenda.

The titanic thing was because I asked for facts about this post of yours. I was asking you for facts to back up your assertions on the post brexit economy, not that I wanted facts about the titanic, as you well know.

Your comments "This isn't the time for jokes mate, many English people lost their lives aboard the titanic and you're comparing it to our government losing a bit of money, but long term we will profit from having better control of our economy, as we can decide what we want to do instead of being pressured by American and European influence which we unfortunately need to depend on in our current economic model."

Now can you answer my request for facts to back up the points you raised earlier?

Read the link, look at the spikes in the chart admittedly Jan 2015 seemed to be high, (epidemic of flu that year who knows) you requested quote again my turn now ZZzzz "opinion or fact" you never specified what facts you wanted. The information is there if you cannot be bothered reading thoroughly & absorbing the facts that's not my problem. The mature response from me now is to wish you a good night. I'm having a quick game of chess with my son & I will let him beat me I will take the queen & knights away from my side.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Read the link, look at the spikes in the chart admittedly Jan 2015 seemed to be high, (epidemic of flu that year who knows) you requested quote again my turn now ZZzzz "opinion or fact" you never specified what facts you wanted. The information is there if you cannot be bothered reading thoroughly & absorbing the facts that's not my problem. The mature response from me now is to wish you a good night. I'm having a quick game of chess with my son & I will let him beat me I will take the queen & knights away from my side.

Only asked for facts to back up what you have stated. That's all. Never asked for facts on titanic, or vote leave 'facts' (another debate).

The NHS and most local councils have a 'winter pressures' part to their budget. Its a known spike in the calendar. Here's a NHS England briefing note published in the last few weeks about the upcoming winter. https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/preparation-for-winter-201718-letter/ . This research shows some of the reasons why http://www.nhscampaign.org/NHS-reforms/a-winter-crisis-looms.html. I think that's sufficient to prove you are wrong on that point?

If you can provide evidence of EU policy that is having a severe effect on the NHS, I'll read it.

Good luck with the chess. 

4 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

I take facts very seriously the EU plan to damage the NHS & are doing exactly that now hopefully when brexit has been fully completed the results will be demonstrated for everybody to see.

At the risk of dogpiling you, do you seriously believe the EU want to damage the NHS more than the Tories do?

7 hours ago, Baz said:

Only asked for facts to back up what you have stated. That's all. Never asked for facts on titanic, or vote leave 'facts' (another debate).

The NHS and most local councils have a 'winter pressures' part to their budget. Its a known spike in the calendar. Here's a NHS England briefing note published in the last few weeks about the upcoming winter. https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/preparation-for-winter-201718-letter/ . This research shows some of the reasons why http://www.nhscampaign.org/NHS-reforms/a-winter-crisis-looms.html. I think that's sufficient to prove you are wrong on that point?

If you can provide evidence of EU policy that is having a severe effect on the NHS, I'll read it.

Good luck with the chess. 

The vote leave facts are all about the EU policy pressuring the NHS "The EU has taken over control of many areas of the public health policy" undermining to detriment, but for some strange reason you choose not to read that bit 1 point backed up. "Opinion or fact" you say you didn't ask for the facts regarding the titanic but now you say you wanted the facts for something else you never specified at the time? another big yawn. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/10/nhs-summer-crisis-ae-labour-hospitals NHS staff do enjoy taking summer holidays like the rest of us & that is a factor less staff = more strain on the NHS. http://www.bmj.com/content/352/bmj.i905. So yes there is parity the winters are very mild, I think this is sufficient to conclude you are indeed confused on this point? The facts & evidence are there for you to read but you still persist on asking questions without specifying & then repeating the same questions when the questions are answered. The chess was a breeze I did indeed enjoying thrashing my six year old at chess I find these things "intellectually stimulating" reminiscent to some people asking me the same questions over & over. I seriously hope the ignore feature works effectively on all boxes ticked, continuing debating with you I feel I need a summer break in a NHS unit.

5 hours ago, Dreyski said:

At the risk of dogpiling you, do you seriously believe the EU want to damage the NHS more than the Tories do?

No dogpiling, it's not even touching my ankles far from it. On to the question I'm not sure about that honest answer. I can only vote & hope for the best, with a majority result in the referendum with brexit I think it's get rid of 1 problem then focus on domestic affairs when the general election gets announced then everybody can have they say & see what the results are then. When we do finally leave the EU & the party in power then has no excuses blaming the EU for this that & the other. In my view the priority has to be leaving the EU then when we are in control we can focus on other problems. 1 thing at a time.

19 hours ago, den said:

Friend of mine taken to Royal Preston Hospital after collapsing at the wheel around 8 PM last night. He was put on a trolley in the corridor and was still on it this morning along with 5 others.

This is mid-summer A&E under the Tories. Where's the Daily Mail and the Express on this one?

So angry. ?

Den, obviously I don't know where your friend lives. When I had my heart attack in 2015 I, literally, walked in to Chorley A&E at 5.00pm on a Sunday. Before I had time to finish giving my details the second receptionist was on the phone to, presumably, medical staff. I was asked to cross the hall to the waiting room. Without exaggeration I had time to count the 27 people in there, strange what one does, before a nurse and porter arrived with a wheelchair to take me through to A&E. 

I would estimate from walking in to treatment beginning was no more than five (5) minutes. I was diagnosed, stented and home in less than 72 hours. 

The NHS at its' absolute finest and now our LOCAL, Chorley, A&E has been closed, reopened 12 hours per day and is again under threat of closure  

Is it any wonder RPH is struggling? But don't worry we're getting a new "super hospital" next door to IKEA!!!!!! Probably a very appropriate location......!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

The vote leave facts are all about the EU policy pressuring the NHS "The EU has taken over control of many areas of the public health policy" undermining to detriment, but for some strange reason you choose not to read that bit 1 point backed up. "Opinion or fact" you say you didn't ask for the facts regarding the titanic but now you say you wanted the facts for something else you never specified at the time? another big yawn. https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jun/10/nhs-summer-crisis-ae-labour-hospitals NHS staff do enjoy taking summer holidays like the rest of us & that is a factor less staff = more strain on the NHS. http://www.bmj.com/content/352/bmj.i905. So yes there is parity the winters are very mild, I think this is sufficient to conclude you are indeed confused on this point? The facts & evidence are there for you to read but you still persist on asking questions without specifying & then repeating the same questions when the questions are answered. The chess was a breeze I did indeed enjoying thrashing my six year old at chess I find these things "intellectually stimulating" reminiscent to some people asking me the same questions over & over. I seriously hope the ignore feature works effectively on all boxes ticked, continuing debating with you I feel I need a summer break in a NHS unit.

You still haven't answered why things got much worse from 2010. It's got nothing to do with your points above, they've always existed.

Den I've been trying to seperate 2010 & the EU as seperate entities but there are entwined theres no getting away from it. As I said in a earlier post when we leave the EU the Tories, labour & lib dems can all fight it out amongst themselves. It was my fault in the first place mentioning the EU the NHS connection led me onto it. Wow £350 million that could be utilised in our own healthcare.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bluebarley said:

Den I've been trying to seperate 2010 & the EU as seperate entities but there are entwined theres no getting away from it. As I said in a earlier post when we leave the EU the Tories, labour & lib dems can all fight it out amongst themselves. It was my fault in the first place mentioning the EU the NHS connection led me onto it. Wow £350 million that could utilised in our own healthcare.

Come on mate, don't tell me you believe that? Farage was on TV the next day saying that slogan was a mistake and that it won't happen.......

Archived